By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Polyphony Digital is “Considering” Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Racing/Car/Vehicle IP from Sony?

Gran Turismo 7 38.89%

WipeOut 7 38.89%

Driveclub 0 0%

LittleBigPlanet Karting 0 0%

MotorStorm 0 0%

Twisted Metal 3 16.67%

Motor Toon Grand Prix 1 5.56%

Tourist Trophy 0 0%

Omega Boost 0 0%

Total:18
Chrkeller said:
KLAMarine said:

With development costs soaring, it only makes sense to seek wider pastures.

yep, this exactly.  And I don't see this hurting console sales.  Most console gamers are because they don't want to a PC rig.  The opposite is true as well.  Sony can release PC day 1 and I would still be a ps5 owner.  It does make me wonder if Nintendo will ever consider PC releases, probably not is my knee jerk guess.

It'll hurt console sales somewhat since there are some PC gamers who buy consoles just for the exclusives but those are low value customers since they won't buy stuff like PS+ or multiplats on console so it'll still be worth losing those customers for the software sales on PC.

Around the Network
Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

yep, this exactly.  And I don't see this hurting console sales.  Most console gamers are because they don't want to a PC rig.  The opposite is true as well.  Sony can release PC day 1 and I would still be a ps5 owner.  It does make me wonder if Nintendo will ever consider PC releases, probably not is my knee jerk guess.

It'll hurt console sales somewhat since there are some PC gamers who buy consoles just for the exclusives but those are low value customers since they won't buy stuff like PS+ or multiplats on console so it'll still be worth losing those customers for the software sales on PC.

Yeah I’m one of those PC gamers lol. I had my PS just for the exclusives and nothing else. Now that Sony themselves confirmed it’ll be about a year before new games get ported to PC, I don’t mind waiting. So I’ll have my PC/Nintendo combo. At least until Nintendo decides to start releasing on PC, which will also be the day hell freezes over lol. 

Even Sony hatted games like FF or Forspoken either release on Day 1 on PC or eventually release on PC. Even FFXVI is confirmed as a 6 month exclusive. So PC gamers aren’t really going to be missing out on much outside of Nintendo games. 

Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

I would suspect there is a limited amount of people in that camp.  

This is great stuff. More sales.

I wonder what Sony's outlook for PC releases is like.

I'm expecting GoT, Returnal, & TLOU Remake for 2023, with TLOU Part II, Demon's Souls, & Ratchet for 2024.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

I'm expecting GoT, Returnal, & TLOU Remake for 2023, with TLOU Part II, Demon's Souls, & Ratchet for 2024.

Returnal likely will be the next one since its already on SteamDB.

Demon's Souls and Ratchet for sure with GoT. I wonder which Ratchet though, Rift Apart would make the obvious sense but the Nvidia leak only shows it as "Ratchet and Clank".

Dont know about TLoU parts 1 or 2 but its likely.

Wish they would make a new collection for Uncharted that included 1, 2, 3 and Golden Abyss for PS5/PC though. Still weird that only 4 and Lost Legacy is on PS5 and PC lol (I know 1/2/3 are b/c but still).

BasilZero said:
PotentHerbs said:

Demon's Souls and Ratchet for sure with GoT. I wonder which Ratchet though, Rift Apart would make the obvious sense but the Nvidia leak only shows it as "Ratchet and Clank".

Wish they would make a new collection for Uncharted that included 1, 2, 3 and Golden Abyss for PS5/PC though. Still weird that only 4 and Lost Legacy is on PS5 and PC lol (I know 1/2/3 are b/c but still).

TLoU Part 1 is already confirmed for PC which the developers said it would release soon after the console release. It'll be 3 months soon, so idk what they meant by "soon" but Returnal is all but confirmed. The PC output for 2022 was amazing. 5 releases in total. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same number of releases in 2023 if not 6. 

gtotheunit91 said:

TLoU Part 1 is already confirmed for PC which the developers said it would release soon after the console release. It'll be 3 months soon, so idk what they meant by "soon" but Returnal is all but confirmed. The PC output for 2022 was amazing. 5 releases in total. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same number of releases in 2023 if not 6. 

Oh I must have forgotten about TLoU part, thats cool.

gtotheunit91 said:
Norion said:

Yeah I’m one of those PC gamers lol. I had my PS just for the exclusives and nothing else. Now that Sony themselves confirmed it’ll be about a year before new games get ported to PC, I don’t mind waiting. So I’ll have my PC/Nintendo combo. At least until Nintendo decides to start releasing on PC, which will also be the day hell freezes over lol. 

Even Sony hatted games like FF or Forspoken either release on Day 1 on PC or eventually release on PC. Even FFXVI is confirmed as a 6 month exclusive. So PC gamers aren’t really going to be missing out on much outside of Nintendo games. 

Yeah at this point there's no need for PC gamers to get Playstation consoles unless someone really doesn't wanna wait for the port. 

Chrkeller said:
Norion said:

I would suspect there is a limited amount of people in that camp.  

My guess is a few million PS4 sales were cause of that camp so notable but not that big a loss.

Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

This describes me perfectly. 

BasilZero said:
PotentHerbs said:

I'm surprised (and pretty sad) that Demon's Souls hasn't already been ported, given how well FromSoft's other games sell on Steam. It's certainly my most wanted PS5>PC exclusive at this point.