By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:
VersusEvil said:

Imagine Noble calling people out when he doesn’t even play video games.

Home boi also going to be the proud owner of the $350 FF 16 CE.

Gonna take a pic of it and send it to Mike, with a caption saying "RE4R and SF6 money went into this one" 

Around the Network
ice said:

anyone else excited for Wednesday?

I get excited for any major showcase. Primarily Xbox of course, but it's fun getting pumped for titles from other major players. Not just platform holders. 

I wasn't a fan of the open world design of the Spider-Man games, but it'll be really cool to see how Insomniac can build off of them and wrap them around Kraven the Hunter and Venom

Of course looking forward to any PC releases. I'm hoping for Ratchet & Clank! 

Hopefully there will also be an update on the KOTOR Remake and Silent Hill 2 Remake. 

I doubt Wolverine will be there. Not looking forward to TLOU Factions whatsoever. 

Other than that, Rise of the Ronin looks cool and any surprise announcements after that! 

NobleTeam360 said:
Spade said:

Home boi also going to be the proud owner of the $350 FF 16 CE.

Gonna take a pic of it and send it to Mike, with a caption saying "RE4R and SF6 money went into this one" 

That's just rude

I genuinely feel sorry for the Xbox only crowd (you’re basically this gens Wii U only users) as when MS was playing pretend with the Acti deal Sony was very likely landing some colossus exclusive deals. Some of you are gonna need to be checked on regularly after Wednesday. Gonna be rough.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 22 May 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

ice said:

anyone else excited for Wednesday?

I'm excited to see the Xbot meltdowns when Sony inevitably money hats some big 3rd party game (particularly on Twitter). 

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

I genuinely feel sorry for the Xbox only crowd (you’re basically this gens Wii U only users) as when MS was playing pretend with the Acti deal Sony was very likely landing some colossus exclusive deals. Some of you are gonna need to be checked on regularly after Wednesday. Gonna be rough.

Yeah, it's not going to be a fun day for those of us who don't have a PS5 yet, like myself, I'm waiting on a PS5 Slim which appears to be at least 2 years away currently (only the detachable disc drive big PS5, PS5 cloud handheld, and PS5 Pro seem to be releasing in 2023 and 2024 according to Tom Henderson's leaks). We've already heard that Sony has Persona 6 as a timed hat, fearful they will at least one other AAA 3rd party hat on their show, like Bioshock 4.

shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

Yeah, it's not going to be a fun day for those of us who don't have a PS5 yet, like myself, I'm waiting on a PS5 Slim which appears to be at least 2 years away currently (only the detachable disc drive big PS5, PS5 cloud handheld, and PS5 Pro seem to be releasing in 2023 and 2024 according to Tom Henderson's leaks). We've already heard that Sony has Persona 6 as a timed hat, fearful they will at least one other AAA 3rd party hat on their show, like Bioshock 4.

Idk how much you have to worry about Bioshock 4 lol 

gtotheunit91 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Idk how much you have to worry about Bioshock 4 lol 

Yeah, that guy is talking pure nonsense, saw that leak myself a few days ago. Take-Two's goals for the 2025 fiscal year (April 2024-March 2025) are so high that the only way they can reach those goals is if they have GTA 6, Bioshock 4, Borderlands 4, and the yearly 2K sports games all release on that fiscal year. If Bioshock 4 got rebooted Summer 2022 like this guy claims there is no way they can get it out by March 2025, you can't build a modern AAA in less than 3 years, even with some assets being reused, it just isn't possible to build a AAA that quickly anymore. Don't really trust this random twitter leaker, never even heard of him before I saw this, he is not some big, reliable leaker like Jason Schreier or Tom Henderson.

gtotheunit91 said:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone hoping to see at the Xbox Showcase that would make you personally feel like the showcase is a success? Like once it’s over, you’re feeling good about Xbox’s future.

As a bonus, what do you specifically want to see during the Starfield Direct that will make you stoked for Starfield’s release?

I don't have high expectations, I just want to see at least 3-4 games that interest me, and preferably some of them being new stuff instead of old games remakes/rereleases, and it would be already good enough for me. As for these games, it will most likely need to be third parties. Don't care for first party stuff as I somewhat lost hope for them to be making anything interesting for me long time ago.

Spade said:

I very much doubt we are getting anything exclusive from Japan, maybe that Kojima game. But definitely no acquisitions lol.
Best we can hope for in Japan in port parity and late ports as of now sadly. Would love if Tango was working on something JRPG wise. MS would own a JRPG studio

True. There is a zero chance that Japanese studio will be making Xbox exclusive unless Microsoft owns them like Tango. Anyone thinking otherwise is simply out of touch with reality.

Shaunodon said:

I find the Square Enix hate to be a bit laughably exaggerated. Compared to XGS, they've quietly released several hidden gems over the last year or so. All of them with physical releases and smart delivery too. And even threw a bone with a same-day release of the Crisis Core remaster, which was both designed and optimised well across all systems.

This thread will bend over backwards to find any nuggets of reason for why Redfall isn't a complete waste of time. Well using that logic, look past the scores of games like DioField Chronicles and Star Ocean: The Divine Force and actually read the reviews and player feedback for them.

Even something like Stranger of Paradise had wildly mixed reviews, with a lot of people really selling the game as much more fun than expected. Worth trying, especially when every version should easily be findable in your nearest bargain bin right now.

If they were to announce Final Fantasy VII Remake finally making it's way over, how would this thread even react? Just grumble that it's 2 years later than PS5 and 3 years later than PS4? Meanwhile continue to have endless patience and tolerance for XGS for a second straight gen.

Agree. Square Enix hate in undeserved. But a lot of people in Xbox community just like to believe in this "Square Enix hates Xbox" bullshit being thrown by various "insiders".

shikamaru317 said:

Personally, I would be happy, but only if it was day one Gamepass, or if not day one gamepass, cheaper on release, like $40 at most. Ain't no way I'd let Square get away with charging $70 for a 3 year late Xbox release. When Square Enix's Nier Automata got it's late Xbox release it did come in cheaper than the original PS4 release, at $50 on Xbox at launch compared to $60 on PS4 at launch, which wasn't a big savings but it was day one Gamepass so it balanced out. So hopefully if it does finally come to Xbox it is either day one Gamepass or significantly cheaper on release than the PS5 version at $70.

NieR Automata comparison is a bit invalid, because it also came with DLC bundled on Xbox while you had to pay 10$ extra on PS4. So, the more valid comparison is 50 vs 70.

shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

Tbf, at least with Persona 6 being a PS exclusive for like 5yrs you’ll have plenty of time to finish Persona 5 :P

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition