By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Angelus said:

My prediction for the showcase is as follows:

Everyone gonna say PS was better. There you go. Take it to the bank.

Old guy playing a random instrument during PS Showcase >>>> A bunch of polished gameplay vids at Xbox Showcase.

I don't make the rules.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
Angelus said:

My prediction for the showcase is as follows:

Everyone gonna say PS was better. There you go. Take it to the bank.

I mean … it usually is 👀

I would hope so when PS has a showcase every other year 

if Ryuu volunteers to do another bingo sheet, I will

Summoning Salt videos are always entertaining to watch even more so when he covers one of my all time favorite

Imaginedvl said:
Angelus said:

Really hasn't been for years imo

yah I really disagree...No way Sony Showcase was better than Microsoft for quite a while.

Eh imo they easily won the last one they did. They announced Spiderman 2, Wolverine and showed the first footage of God of War Ragnarok. 3 games that will all be absolutely massive.

The only new announcements from Xbox at 2021 were FH5, Contraband and Redfall, then just some updates on games like Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2...

In hindsight I'd say they crushed xbox in 2020 too, considering they actually announced and released new games (Demon Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, Ratchet, Returnal, GT7, Horizon Forbidden West)

MS 2020 was full of games that still aren't released to this day, (Avowed, Hellblade 2, Stalker 2, Fable, State of Decay 3)

So I'd definitely score the last two showcases they did as better than MS's.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 21 May 2023

Around the Network

Two More Join The Constellation.

Think we need to hit about 20 to beat previous years, I don't know for sure though since those threads were deleted.

Zippy6 said:
Imaginedvl said:

yah I really disagree...No way Sony Showcase was better than Microsoft for quite a while.

Eh imo they easily won the last one they did. They announced Spiderman 2, Wolverine and showed the first footage of God of War Ragnarok. 3 games that will all be absolutely massive.

The only new announcements from Xbox at 2021 were FH5, Contraband and Redfall, then just some updates on games like Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2...

In hindsight I'd say they crushed xbox in 2020 too, considering they actually announced and released new games (Demon Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, Ratchet, Returnal, GT7, Horizon Forbidden West)

MS 2020 was full of games that still aren't released to this day, (Avowed, Hellblade 2, Stalker 2, Fable, State of Decay 3)

So I'd definitely score the last two showcases they did as better than MS's.

Well, any Marvel/DC thingy does not interest me at all and I do not like God of War so maybe in my case the last one was not so good cause of my interest but I can give you that overall it was probably better if you are into those games. :D

But we should not mix stuff here.

2020 was def. a better show for Xbox imo. It does not matter if they release the games or not after that. We are talking about the show itself; you cannot just come back 2 years after and say that the show was not good because they did not release some of the games presented :) For me 2020 was amazing, the same goes for the other years. (not that I disagree with you about being disappointed for those games taking so long to come out ;))

I mean it is really a matter of taste at this point, to me Sony showed 2 really big games: Horizon West (which is my favorite game of this generation so far), GT7
One DLC and the rest are just not really in the same boat as anything else (Ratchet, Returnal and Sackboy), Microsoft had WAY more games; and I def. got way more excited about Xbox than Play Station for the past few years, only the last 6 months maybe was a bit dry :D But this is probably going to get better now (Diablo 4, Starfield, Forza, and whatever they will show us).

I think the point from Angelus is that because Sony has 70% of the market share, even if Microsoft shows 50 games and Sony 5 (and even with only one big AAA) it will "win" it by default. 

Imaginedvl said:

2020 was def. a better show for Xbox imo. It does not matter if they release the games or not after that.

Even if we are only talking about the show itself at the time, we have games with release dates or at least release windows on Sony's side and MS just putting out a bunch of CGI trailers with no dates and no launch line-up for the Series consoles. Of course it's personal preference in the end and 2020 had a decent number of announcements from both Xbox and Sony but even for those that favour the Xbox showing over the Sony showing then it would have to be acknowledged that MS only had a better show by blowing their load revealing games far too early. Most of the games shown at 2020 by MS should not have been announced that early.

It reminds me of when Nintendo showed a Metroid Prime 4 logo in June 2017 and some people said they won E3 because of it. Results matter and even at the time of the show it was apparent that Sony were showing actual games far along in development that would be released soon and MS was showing stuff that could come god knows when.

But all of this just means that Sony is likely to blow MS out of the water with their show this year because Xbox studios are working on games they already announced 3 years ago and still haven't delivered yet. Sony studios are working on new titles TBA.

I think shows can certainly be tainted by what ends up being delivered afterwards. At the end of the day MS 2020 show featured 5 new 1st-party game announcements, none of which have been released to this date. While Sony's 2020 featured 7 1st party titles that have all come out.

Announce 7 and release 7 in next 2 years or announce 5 and release none of them in the next 3 years. Even if I had enjoyed Xbox's 2020 show more I could only call that a false victory in hindsight.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 21 May 2023

After reading some of your opinions I’ve decided to change my own and say in-fact it’s Nintendo who has the best showing the last couple years.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Zippy6 said:

Even...

One's opinions doesn't make it fact.  If you already have a favorable leaning towards a console, you're more than likely to think that company only shits gold.  I'm sure that your favorite company will win every show, ...in your heart.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.