By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Weird that EDGE reviewed Planet of Lana (gave it a 9/10) but nobody else has yet.

I feel like it's happened before where EDGE gets an early review, just because they release on a particular schedule. Developer/publisher would rather they release their review 2 weeks earlier instead of 2 weeks late.

But I don't think it happens very often.

The last example I remember like this was Cuphead: DLC.  

Around the Network

Well if Edge gave it a good score it should be high all around.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

So Divinity Original Sin II has been in my top 5 of all time since it released but after playing its prequel I can really appreciate just how much of an improvement it is over the first game. I’m genuinely surprised how slow my second playthrough of DoS has been so far, plays pretty sluggish.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

So Divinity Original Sin II has been in my top 5 of all time since it released but after playing its prequel I can really appreciate just how much of an improvement it is over the first game. I’m genuinely surprised how slow my second playthrough of DoS has been so far, plays pretty sluggish.

It's funny, cus I actually played them in order, and I ADORED the first game when I played it. It's so good. But after playing 2, it's really hard to revisit the first game. 2 is just THAT good.

shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, Blizzard announced they are scaling back their original PvE plans for Overwatch 2 that they announced back at BlizzCon 2019. We will no longer get the fully fleshed PvE mode they had planned with talent trees and continuous progression, instead we're just getting seasonal co-op PvE story missions that will play kind of like the one they had for the Halloween event last year. The fans are pretty pissed, Blizzard sure are good at pissing people off sometimes. PvE was supposed to be the main selling point for Overwatch 2 being an actual sequel instead of just an update for Overwatch 1, without the proper PvE mode Overwatch 2 is nothing but a glorified update for the multiplayer; a few new heroes, a few new maps, a new mode that replaced one of the old modes for no real reason, a small graphics update, pretty much everything multiplayer-wise with Overwatch 2 could have just been released through updates for Overwatch 1. Instead now it just feels like Overwatch 2 was an excuse to implement a battlepass system and more expensive microtransactions than Overwatch 1 for reasons of pure greed.

This whole ordeal could potentially kill the IP, Blizzard are legit idiots.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Very solid list, now someone should tell him to direct a AAA game again.

So is MS gearing up for Starfield and getting more units to retailers. Man, if they do not have a custom Starfield console come release of that game it will be a very big, missed opportunity.

Idas Said:

If they extend the outside date, as soon as all the focus is on the appeal with the CAT and the administrative court with the FTC (July - August 2023), I don’t think that acquiring independent studios would be problematic.

I mean, I don’t see MS acquiring a new publisher while the ABK case is active. But once the review process is done and there is only litigation left, doing small acquisitions shouldn’t be an issue.

Just check what Sony did: they acquired Firewalk as soon as the review processes on the major regulators were done (April 21st).

After all, even the CMA said that acquiring independent studios was just a way to obtain talent to build exclusive content, nothing controversial.