By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Design Lead in charge of Progression, Customization, and Commerce for Halo Infinite.

343 was absolutely blasted.

The Coalition, Zenimax, Bethesda seemed to have a few, I still can't find anyone for Bethesda Game Studios but a couple for Bethesda Softworks and 1-2 between The Coalition/Zenimax but I'm fairly confident that 343i is in the dozens. Layoffs still aren't over either, they're dragging this shit out until March.

Around the Network
ice said:

Gotta say, without campaign DLC coming, idk if i'll keep playing the MP. Sucks, hopefully they still release something story wise...

To me it looks like they've cancelled their Campaign expansion plans entirely and decided to refocus, I doubt we're getting anything story wise until the next traditional Halo release, they definitely aren't doing Campaign expansions anymore based on this news.

I just don't know what they do now though.

• Support Infinite MP then years later release a traditional Campaign.

But will the Campaign be separate from the MP client? Will they attempt revamping Slipspace again during this time or will they swap engine? Do they re-launch another F2P Halo MP?

Might not see a Halo mainline story until near next gen now...Loved the Campaign too. Maybe they should rethink their whole Publishing/Multimedia as well. Here I thought 343 should expand with a 2nd studio and Microsoft has done the opposite...Halo Campaign is probably on ice for now or in very early pre-production which means they had a lot of developers with nothing to do, hence dropping them all.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2023

If the Halo Infinite Campaign DLC is dead, there is only one path forward, axe the 10 year GaaS plan for Infinite and imediately start on the next Halo game, only supporting Infinite multiplayer until like a half a year before the Infinite sequel is due to release. Multiplayer updates only until 2031 would be a colossal mistake.

We at least need some singleplayer side games to cover what is going on with some of the side characters like Arbiter and Alpha-Nine before and during the events of Infinite.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 January 2023

Another 343.

Gameplay Animator at 343.

Community Manager at World's Edge.

Producer at Bethesda Game Studios

Around the Network

Lots of Community Managers being laid off.

Guess they may try to merge things but that sucks, you lose the individual personality of each studio.

For the next Halo game, I believe they will go the traditional route with its own campaign, multiplayer, and so on. I doubt they will go F2P again except for a BR mode. Basically, go the CoD route. I would rather 343 stick with the Slipspace engine and keep updating it.

We might not see a new Halo game from 343I for some time, though I think a spinoff is coming before that. Wasn't there a rumor of a spinoff Halo game in the works?

smroadkill15 said:

For the next Halo game, I believe they will go the traditional route with its own campaign, multiplayer, and so on. I doubt they will go F2P again except for a BR mode. Basically, go the CoD route. I would rather 343 stick with the Slipspace engine and keep updating it.

We might not see a new Halo game from 343I for some time, though I think a spinoff is coming before that. Wasn't there a rumor of a spinoff Halo game in the works?

Makes sense if the BR mode takes off, keep that F2P and put the Campaign/Multiplayer behind Game Pass, dump the Battle Pass stuff in core Multiplayer for a traditional approach and shove all that Battle Pass stuff in the BR.

I’d be surprised if the next Halo is even done by 343 at this point.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

This is not the right time for gaming division layoffs. As we well know, Phil is anti-Crunch, and Xbox has alot of games that need to ship asap to show that these barren drought years are not only a thing of the past, but a thing of the distant past. People are hungry for at least 1 more AAA Xbox exclusive release in 2023 beyond the 3 we already have scheduled for the first half, preferably 2 more. 

"Sure, we made record breaking profits over the pandemic but because we irresponsibly over-hired during the pandemic and to save ourselves a little bit of profit, we are now laying off tens of thousands"

Basically the entire tech industry right now, and as I'm typing this Amazon has just announced another 18,000 layoffs on top of the 11,000 they already did, shitty times ahead, I doubt this is the last layoff that Microsoft does. I don't know if many developers will be impacted in this round though, we'll have to wait and see, not seen any yet but the day is early. No matter who though, it sucks.

Man, thank goodness I did not take that job at Amazon, 3 recruiters tried to hire me last year with some very tempting salary offers.  Probably would have been on the cutting shelf.  Even though the tech industry is laying off a lot of workers, it's interesting that a lot of none tech companies are hiring technical staff.  A lot of these people probably will find jobs very easily as long as they are flexible and willing to work for non tech companies.  There are a lot of jobs available.