By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can't deny that Xbox has been releasing quality this gen, I'd say it started 2020. They're taking their time and releasing some great titles, their only issue is quantity/consistency which I do think starting this year they'll go a long way in fixing that, not completely but enough and by 2024 I expect it to be completely fixed, may be taking a while but at least they're showing care and the release schedule will line up eventually. If Hi-Fi and The Wandering Tower can make 2023 along with one more AAA title, I think combined with what is already announced, this could be one of Xbox's greatest years ever.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 January 2023

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Is anyone running an Xbox open/metacritic prediction league this year? If not, we need to start one soon, first release or the year is almost upon us.

Ice and I but we're opening it after the event.

We decided to not include Age of Empires II for Xbox...Didn't seem like anyone cared, Lol.

If that changes we could still have the thread open literally on the 25th after the event which would give enough time.

Might miss Goldeneye if it's shadow dropped though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 January 2023

Xbox certainly hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves when it comes to what it has released since 2020. Out of all the 1st party games Xbox has published since 2020, Bleeding Edge is the only mediocre title from the lot that I recall. Everything else has delivered from a quality standpoint and or exceeded expectations. From the looks of it, 2023 is looking to continue that trend of quality published titles. It's one of the reasons I always laugh to myself when reading comments about Xbox "lacking passion" and any other console war nonsense people love to spout.

It's a shame my prediction league was erased by the hacker, I think Xbox Game Studios had about 10 releases in 2020 and an average of around 80. Then in 2021 we know they won Publisher of the Year on Metacritic with an average of 87 according to Meta, 2022 is obviously extremely light but what they did have was great. And hitting 90+ in a few titles or very close.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Is anyone running an Xbox open/metacritic prediction league this year? If not, we need to start one soon, first release or the year is almost upon us.

We decided to not include Age of Empires II for Xbox...Didn't seem like anyone cared, Lol.

If that changes we could still have the thread open literally on the 25th after the event which would give enough time.

I care xD

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I care xD

We're using Open so if we included Age 2 we'd have to make people guess Meta specifically for that title.

I honestly don't care one way or another, I'll include it if people want it in.

Looks about right for the release order doesn't it?

Thinking about opening it soon instead of after the event.

Next batch of games leaving. Luckily nothing for me, I kinda had some interest in Taiko but not enough to speed run it before it leaves, maybe a future purchase.

ice said:

Next batch of games leaving. Luckily nothing for me, I kinda had some interest in Taiko but not enough to speed run it before it leaves, maybe a future purchase.

Yay played all of them already. Means I can concentrate on other things (currently the last DLC of Immortals: Fenyx Rising)