By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Assassin's Creed Red is the only future title I had any interest in.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

Assassin's Creed Red is the only future title I had any interest in.

I still like most Ubisoft games personally. Looking forward to AC Mirage, Red, Jade, and Hex, as well as Far Cry spinoff #4 and Far Cry 7, Watch Dogs 4, Avatar, and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Would love a new South Park or Child of Light from them, but neither seems to be in the works sadly. Never was much of a Tom Clancy fan though, same with Rayman/Rabbids.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Best-selling console when? December? 2022? He really should clarify. 

I assumed he meant life to date, but I don't know for sure, you better tweet him and ask for clarification xD

Yeah that is a good idea. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

gtotheunit91 said:
Loneken said:

Chile is not corrupt , Chile is Fucking stupid

That's rude lol

I´m Chilean, i just been honest. Hahaha

Beautiful country, but kinda retarded people most of the time.

Loneken said:
gtotheunit91 said:

That's rude lol

I´m Chilean, i just been honest. Hahaha

Beautiful country, but kinda retarded people most of the time.

Seemed to me like their report was put together well and backed up by actual facts unlike the FTC's report. They actually polled Chilean gamers to see if CoD exclusivity would be enough to get them to switch from Playstation to Xbox or PC, and only 20% said they would buy an Xbox or PC to play CoD if Xbox made it exclusive. Then they researched how much revenue CoD brings in from each platform, and learned that the combined CoD revenue of Xbox + PC is less than the PS revenue, meaning that by dropping CoD releases on PS, Xbox would lose more than half of CoD's revenue stream, with the only gain being a measly 20% of gamers who would buy an Xbox or PC to keep playing CoD. Then they looked up the percentage of how much of Playstation's overall revenue comes from CoD, and learned that the percentage is a redacted number somewhere between 0 and 10% (probably on the very low end of that), as well as that FIFA and Fortnite actually account for a greater percentage of Playstation's revenue than CoD does.

Basically all of that means that by making CoD exclusive to Xbox and PC, Xbox would be hurting themselves more than they hurt Sony, losing about half of CoD's revenue stream just to sell a couple million more Xbox consoles, it's just not worth it for Xbox to do that, so they approved the acquisition because they believe Xbox has no reason to make CoD exclusive to Xbox and PC.

Around the Network

I don't think he's talking about the report, I didn't know Loneken was from Chile, I think it was just a bit of self-decrepitating humour like I do with UK, Lol.

Put Chile in yo profile, Loneken.

And get an avatar, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 January 2023

Pooh Ubisoft, good thing they about to join GP so I can support them by *checks notes* never spending a single pence on a game by then again kek

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Unlimited PTO is one of those ideas that sounds amazing on paper, that doesn't tend to translate as well to how people act.

1.) Studies show that people tend to actually take less time off, than if they accrue a set amount over an amount of time. People tend to be worried about abusing it. 

2.) You also lose the ability to accrue and get a pay out when you leave.  

A lot of this is based on the environment, stuff like who your peers are and who your boss is. 

One potential fix to that, is to mandate a minimum number of days. You have unlimited days off, but you have to at least take 10 for example. 

Ubisoft nowadays is a trainwreck.
Vaporware titles like Skull & Bones and Beyond Good & Evil 2
Negligence of their best rated and most beloved IPs (Rayman & Splinter Cell)
Cancellation of (probably) new IPs
More of the same (AC, FC, Ghost Recon/R6/The Division etc.)

Barozi said:

Ubisoft nowadays is a trainwreck.
Vaporware titles like Skull & Bones and Beyond Good & Evil 2
Negligence of their best rated and most beloved IPs (Rayman & Splinter Cell)
Cancellation of (probably) new IPs
More of the same (AC, FC, Ghost Recon/R6/The Division etc.)

+ Awful workplace environment.