By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 13 52.00%

No 9 36.00%

Still need convincing (sp... 3 12.00%

Total:25
G2ThaUNiT said:

-Jez trolling 😭

What was it?

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

-Jez trolling 😭

Your first mistake was listening to that clown, your second was assuming anything said clown says is actually correct. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

-Jez trolling 😭

Your first mistake was listening to that clown, your second was assuming anything said clown says is actually correct. 

That Twitter quote of his, from late december 2023.... 

"No, Xbox isn't porting it's console exclusives to playstation"
"Its just hard hopium from fanboys"         -  Jez Cordon

Is epic :)

Hes been proven wrong alot.
Ei. things he claims are false, turn out not so, and things he says wont happend, then do.

Hes just a very supportive xbox fan, that runs a website imo.

no idea if this has already been posted here, but if true…I can’t say I’m surprised. Microsoft being Microsoft. Completely out-of-touch as per usual.

firebush03 said:

no idea if this has already been posted here, but if true…I can’t say I’m surprised. Microsoft being Microsoft. Completely out-of-touch as per usual.

I mentioned this in another thread.

MS is probably going by the sales and playing percentage of how many of the games are bought and played.

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

All three games are purchasable through the Xbox store, Rare Replay, GamePass (?) and the first two games are on the Switch NSO.

Its probably not pulling up enough numbers for them to warrant a new game sadly.

I still think they should create a new game rather than focusing on the older titles, this is like the "Capcom test" where capcom releases older titles in a collection or a repackaged game and gauges the interest from the amount of sales and how much is played.

The reason why Capcom's Darkstalkers 4 was cancelled was because Darkstalkers Resurrection failed to meet sales.

Just take the risk - like Activision did with Crash, but they likely wont do that.

Around the Network
firebush03 said:

I honestly think that nobody cares about it...
I think those games were "okaish" at best; even around me, I do not see anyone interested in this game other than forums here and there.

Microsoft should focus on bringing back many other IPs they own before this one.

I think a new Banjo game would need to be as good as something like Astrobot to even get the interest of people outside the few 100k Banjo fans who really want a new game.

But it's more likely that MS wouldn't achieve that so that sales would be pretty "low".

I still think they should work on it but I understand that there's not much to expect from. But it sounds like a good Gamepass and Switch 2 game to me.

Release it on Xbox, Steam and Switch 2

crissindahouse said:

I think a new Banjo game would need to be as good as something like Astrobot to even get the interest of people outside the few 100k Banjo fans who really want a new game.

But it's more likely that MS wouldn't achieve that so that sales would be pretty "low".

I still think they should work on it but I understand that there's not much to expect from. But it sounds like a good Gamepass and Switch 2 game to me.

If your makeing a platformer, you shouldn't aim low imo.
So many of them just fall flat, and slip through the cracks, and are forgotten.

So yes... if xbox wants to do a Banjo game, they should aim to make a high standard platformer.

"but its more likely that MS wouldn't achieve that so sales would be pretty "low"."

?? thats a defeatist attittude to have.

I dont see why they couldn't attempt to atleast achieve that.
If xbox wanted to do a Banjo game, they shouldn't give it subpar attention and just milk nostalgia.

Like what happend to conker? remember in the xbox one gen, so many xbox users where shouting for a platformer with conker?
What happend to it? and why cant people get a Banjo game if they wanted one now? I could have sworn there were like teases from xbox side, that something conker based was comeing and... then nothing.

on the other hand.... alot of playstation fans have been shouting for old RPGs, like Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms,  shadow hearts ect.
So far nothing has come of it.   I feel like this is a missed oppertunity tbh, sony and xbox should have guys read forums once and again and pitch some of these things up the ladder.

Last edited by JRPGfan - 10 hours ago

crissindahouse said:

Yooka Laylee proves the bolded wrong.

In its first year, it sold 1 million copies across all platforms.

Edit: Yooka Laylee is basically a clone of Banjo Kazooie. A lot of same developers who made Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were part of the development.

MS is going to need to lower their expectations , they wont and because of that, they wont make a new entry. Remastering/porting a game is easier than creating a new one from scratch.

If they dont want to work on it themselves internally, they could always sign off with a third party dev kinda like how SEGA did with Streets of Rage 4 with DotEmu and/or Bayonetta with Nintendo.

Last edited by BasilZero - 10 hours ago

BasilZero said:
crissindahouse said:

Yooka Laylee proves the bolded wrong.

In its first year, it sold 1 million copies across all platforms.

Edit: Yooka Laylee is basically a clone of Banjo Kazooie. A lot of same developers who made Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were part of the development.

MS is going to need to lower their expectations , they wont and because of that, they wont make a new entry. Remastering/porting a game is easier than creating a new one from scratch.

If they dont want to work on it themselves internally, they could always sign off with a third party dev kinda like how SEGA did with Streets of Rage 4 with DotEmu and/or Bayonetta with Nintendo.

YK is not a good example because it was dissapointing in so many ways the sales weren't on fire and the reception especially by gamers wasn't great (did not hate it myself tho) and it shows with releasing a DK inspired game later and now people are waiting for the YK-Replaylee version of the first YK game.

It is just a shame that Xbox released stuff as Hellblade II/Redfall/Shattered space(less than 0.80% has the first achievement in the DLC) that no one seem to care about. BK amibo sales seemed to be decent, BK in Smash was huge...