By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

According to Matt on NPD, PS4 Pro represented around 13% of all PS4 sales in America, I imagine that trend is similar WW. That in mind, I would expect PS5 Pro to be more like 5-10% of total PS5 sales given the price and current economic difficulties affecting the average consumer, alongside PS5 Pro feeling a lot more pointless than PS4 Pro. Sony only needs to manufacture a set amount along those lines for it to be a success though because it's clearly being sold at a profit so don't produce more than I'd say, a 10% line of expected LT sales of PS5.

Having said this, if this is the prices we can expect for next-gen consoles which are mass produced then I expect next-gen will sell a lot less than previous gens, albeit still successful because the consoles will be sold at a profit and they'll still have their hardcore bases buying them but I think it will seriously harm the casual consumer who buy consoles because they're cheap, easy to understand and easy to use. The general consumer does not give a fuck nor understand the difference between upscaled 4K/AI 4K/Native 4K or care about 60fps vs 120fps, nobody gives a fuck about 8K.

You'll have people going "I might as well spend a little extra and get a PC, it does far more than a console" and you'll also have people going "I don't see a difference, I don't understand this shit, my PS5 looks good enough" at those prices. Mobile phones are a shit analogy too, they're basically essential for everyday life, they do even more than a console and mobile phones are seen as a status symbol (unfortunately) in having the latest one, you don't carry your consoles out in public with you like "look at this bad boy" and kids today do not give a fuck about what you play on.

Yeah, I have no doubt that next gen will be the most expensive to date. I see Xbox and their 3rd party partners releasing their next-gen "PC-consoles" starting Holiday 2026 at $500 probably, with upgrades to parts within the system adding to the cost from there. As for PS6 a year or two after the Xbox PC-consoles release, probably will start at $600, I don't see them going all the way to $700 on a mass market device. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 September 2024

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Wman1996 said:

Any of you playing Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis? I'm playing on Xbox One X. 30 FPS is kind of rough to deal with when I'm used to 60 FPS on PS5. There's only been one battle so far, and a bunch of cutscenes.
As I said, I didn't want to pay $34.99 for the Expansion Pass on PlayStation, so Game Pass was the way to go.

Started it yesterday.

The way it's going I don't think I would have paid even $5 for it.

I hope there's a little more than just Tartarus 2.0 but I'm losing confidence. I guess some of you in this thread have played the original and know all about it.

While it's good that it's included with Game Pass, the price is ridiculous overall for people who don't have Game Pass. There's no way to buy it separately from the costumes, but I suppose Atlus would only discount about $5 and buying the costumes and Episode Aigis separately would probably be $40-$45 instead of $35 like the only option is. 

There's no rationalization for the Expansion Pass to be half the price of the base game. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Leynos said:

Shut up I am not refreshing the tracking page on SM2 at midnight. Who told you that? Lies! Fake news! btw is it daytime yet? Asking for an Emperor..I mean me..I mean friend!

Brother...

Zippy6 said:

I hope people that were using Gamepass Console kept their sub running cause Gamepass Standard is looking even worse now than it did when it was announced.

Diablo 4 isn't on it despite being over a year old. So the schedule for first party titles being added could very well be more than one year in some cases.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xboxs-new-game-pass-standard-tier-yanks-access-to-starfield-hellblade-2-diablo-4-and-more

To PS5 Owners: "Don't worry, we'll get Indiana Jones to you within 3 or 4 months, as soon as possible while avoiding the blowback from our pitiful fanbase. Please don't leave us behind PS-Sama."

To Gamepass Poverty Owners: "Wait a year and we'll see if we're feeling generous. You poor motherfuckers..."

Not that I have any interest for Gamepass on console (this being the perfect example why), but it sure feels great as an Xbox owner getting my weekly update of Xbox spitting in my face for absolutely no reason, when I'm doing my best to just quietly enjoy what little there is to enjoy...

I mean what, they didn't have any beloved IPs to give away or recently celebrated Dev Studios to disband this week?

Not gameplay but the vibe of Space Marine 2 is not that far from what Gears used to be. Controls take some getting used to. Looks nice even on console.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Sony releasing a disc-less mid gen refresh for £700 because they’ve no competition in that space should be a wake up call to the “I want Xbox to be gone” crowd.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Shaunodon said:
Zippy6 said:

I hope people that were using Gamepass Console kept their sub running cause Gamepass Standard is looking even worse now than it did when it was announced.

Diablo 4 isn't on it despite being over a year old. So the schedule for first party titles being added could very well be more than one year in some cases.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xboxs-new-game-pass-standard-tier-yanks-access-to-starfield-hellblade-2-diablo-4-and-more

To PS5 Owners: "Don't worry, we'll get Indiana Jones to you within 3 or 4 months, as soon as possible while avoiding the blowback from our pitiful fanbase. Please don't leave us behind PS-Sama."

To Gamepass Poverty Owners: "Wait a year and we'll see if we're feeling generous. You poor motherfuckers..."

Not that I have any interest for Gamepass on console (this being the perfect example why), but it sure feels great as an Xbox owner getting my weekly update of Xbox spitting in my face for absolutely no reason, when I'm doing my best to just quietly enjoy what little there is to enjoy...

I mean what, they didn't have any beloved IPs to give away or recently celebrated Dev Studios to disband this week?

What an odd comparison/complaint. Why compare when PlayStation gets Indiana Jones at $70 to when Game Pass Standard gets Indiana Jones? Xbox is still getting Indiana Jones 3-5 months before PlayStation at $70 like PlayStation will receive it.

Game Pass Ultimate still gets Indiana Jones and 70-80% of all Game Pass users are on Game Pass Ultimate already as of July 2023. If you're a Standard user then you can still buy Indiana Jones 3-5 months before PS as the PS users will be forced to.

You could sub to GPU for a single month and still comes out a lot cheaper than what PS owners will have to pay at launch.

Also existing subscribers of Game Pass for Console will continue to be able to access day-one games, it only affects new subscribers.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 September 2024

Ryuu96 said:
Shaunodon said:

What an odd comparison/complaint. Why compare when PlayStation gets Indiana Jones at $70 to when Game Pass Standard gets Indiana Jones? Xbox is still getting Indiana Jones 3-5 months before PlayStation at $70 like PlayStation will receive it.

Game Pass Ultimate still gets Indiana Jones and 70-80% of all Game Pass users are on Game Pass Ultimate already as of July 2023. If you're a Standard user then you can still buy Indiana Jones 3-5 months before PS as the PS users will be forced to.

You could sub to GPU for a single month and still comes out a lot cheaper than what PS owners will have to pay at launch.

Also...Existing subscribers of Xbox Game Pass for Console will continue to be able to access day-one games

Since 70-80% are using the higher priced version of a service that has a bunch of features you never use and don't need, we shouldn't question the confusing structure and worsening value of the other tiers?

The main angle of positivity Xbox has been claiming for several years is the value of their ecosystem, trying to equally support gamers regardless of their budget. Yet when Sony increased the price of PS5, Xbox increased the price of Series X. While Sony moneyhats games away from Xbox owners, they put Xbox games on PS5. When they're upset about the slow growth of Gamepass, they increase the price and make the console-specific tiers more unappealing so people will just begrudgingly accept the most expensive and unnecessary option. All of this while their market position is in the toilet and getting worse.

Shaunodon said:
Ryuu96 said:

Also...Existing subscribers of Xbox Game Pass for Console will continue to be able to access day-one games

Since 70-80% are using the higher priced version of a service that has a bunch of features you never use and don't need, we shouldn't question the confusing structure and worsening value of the other tiers?

The main angle of positivity Xbox has been claiming for several years is the value of their ecosystem, trying to equally support gamers regardless of their budget. Yet when Sony increased the price of PS5, Xbox increased the price of Series X. While Sony moneyhats games away from Xbox owners, they put Xbox games on PS5. When they're upset about the slow growth of Gamepass, they increase the price and make the console-specific tiers more unappealing so people will just begrudgingly accept the most expensive and unnecessary option. All of this while their market position is in the toilet and getting worse.

I said the comparison/complaint was odd because it was, I didn't say we shouldn't question the confusing structure, as I have even criticised that before. I didn't even see you criticise the confusing structure in that complaint, only make an odd comparison to when Sony gets the game versus when Game Pass Standard gets the game.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 September 2024

Ryuu96 said:
Shaunodon said:

I said the comparison/complaint was odd because it was, I didn't say we shouldn't question the confusing structure, as I have even criticised that before. I didn't even see you criticise the confusing structure in that complaint, only make an odd comparison to when Sony gets the game versus when Game Pass Standard gets the game.

I'm making a point that Xbox has built a reputation on supporting all gamers regardless of how they want to play or where, making sure that every Xbox user feels equally treated and valued. Yet now all they do is beat down on the their users who aren't willing to spend more than necessary while they're going out of their way to curry favour with other platforms.