By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I hope people that were using Gamepass Console kept their sub running cause Gamepass Standard is looking even worse now than it did when it was announced.

Diablo 4 isn't on it despite being over a year old. So the schedule for first party titles being added could very well be more than one year in some cases.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xboxs-new-game-pass-standard-tier-yanks-access-to-starfield-hellblade-2-diablo-4-and-more

Around the Network

What a weird generation. £700 digital mid gen refreshes. Base systems far more expensive than launch, very little first party outputs. Nintendo executives on the fucking floor laughing at this point 🤣.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Imagine you don't buy consoles at launch cause you want to buy them cheap after some years and then you see those prices even increasing lol. In a "normal" world the PS5 Pro would be the price of the PS5 at launch and the PS5 already 200 bucks cheaper by now...

Really don't see the point of the PS5 Pro. The difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro already wasn't that huge. Between Xbox One and Xbox One X it was much more noticeable.

Zippy6 said:

I hope people that were using Gamepass Console kept their sub running cause Gamepass Standard is looking even worse now than it did when it was announced.

Diablo 4 isn't on it despite being over a year old. So the schedule for first party titles being added could very well be more than one year in some cases.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xboxs-new-game-pass-standard-tier-yanks-access-to-starfield-hellblade-2-diablo-4-and-more

Really not looking forward to those monthly updates, Game A added to this tiers,  Game B added to only this tier, Game C removed from that tier only, Game D only playable MW with this tier and up...

@Barozi,  I just see it as an extra option, don't see the negativity that some have with it. I totally would be fine with an xbox Series PRo X for 699 2TB edition.

Around the Network

According to Matt on NPD, PS4 Pro represented around 13% of all PS4 sales in America, I imagine that trend is similar WW. That in mind, I would expect PS5 Pro to be more like 5-10% of total PS5 sales given the price and current economic difficulties affecting the average consumer, alongside PS5 Pro feeling a lot more pointless than PS4 Pro. Sony only needs to manufacture a set amount along those lines for it to be a success though because it's clearly being sold at a profit so don't produce more than I'd say, a 10% line of expected LT sales of PS5.

Having said this, if this is the prices we can expect for next-gen consoles which are mass produced then I expect next-gen will sell a lot less than previous gens, albeit still successful because the consoles will be sold at a profit and they'll still have their hardcore bases buying them but I think it will seriously harm the casual consumer who buy consoles because they're cheap, easy to understand and easy to use. The general consumer does not give a fuck nor understand the difference between upscaled 4K/AI 4K/Native 4K or care about 60fps vs 120fps, nobody gives a fuck about 8K.

You'll have people going "I might as well spend a little extra and get a PC, it does far more than a console" and you'll also have people going "I don't see a difference, I don't understand this shit, my PS5 looks good enough" at those prices. Mobile phones are a shit analogy too, they're basically essential for everyday life, they do even more than a console and mobile phones are seen as a status symbol (unfortunately) in having the latest one, you don't carry your consoles out in public with you like "look at this bad boy" and kids today do not give a fuck about what you play on.

Towerborne up to 83% on Steam now.

konnichiwa said:
Zippy6 said:

Really not looking forward to those monthly updates, Game A added to this tiers,  Game B added to only this tier, Game C removed from that tier only, Game D only playable MW with this tier and up...

@Barozi,  I just see it as an extra option, don't see the negativity that some have with it. I totally would be fine with an xbox Series PRo X for 699 2TB edition.

Okay but since we're both from Europe it would cost €799 and come without a disc drive even though it's backwards compatible and physical games in the 360 and X1 era were much more common than nowadays.

Also FYI this game has a lot of ex-Killer Instinct 2013 developers on it.

Oh yeah, deals aren't great this week but I got the Aero the acro bat 2 game and the Crew 2 (it is on sale on all platforms for 1 €)