By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shaunodon said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Can't argue with that. Though the question is would the JRPGs sell on Xbox these days? Xbox made a big push into the japanese market where most of these games come from and were rejected unfortunately. My question is would the western audience on Xbox buy the games?

You can't have frequented this thread much because this has been discussed ad nauseam, but outside the fact that everyone in this thread plays Japanese games regularly, the general picture is that they wouldn't bother porting these games if they didn't think they would get any sales. But a precedent has been set for them to expect either an exclusivity deal from PS or a gamepass deal from Xbox, so they keep holding out for the easy money.

And how has that deal worked out for Square Enix who's recent big Final Fantasy releases have failed to meet sales expectations while they delayed the PC release and continue to be coy about any Xbox release?

I suppose so. Thing about FF7 rebirth though is half the people are still on ps4 and they didn't do cross gen, can't expect the same sales as FF remake was at the tale end of the generation to a full base plus many people bought in on hype and fell off, only 30% of people beat the remake. It's obvious they wouldn't sell the same in a part two of what's considered a single game. Same way only one quarter to a little over on third of people actually finish big games. Regardless I don't know enough to talk on the situation but I am interested to see how it goes, the industry is leaning towards Nintendo being the only exclusive machine very fast so there will come a day Xbox will have loads of Japanese games if they are being withheld by timed exclusives, Sony should relax in that regard when Xbox games are selling one million as with Sea of Thieves on PS. ... hopefully. 

Around the Network

Played an hour of space marine 2, man it's so epic!

Koragg said:

This covers it incredibly well!

Btw I used to be TheLegendaryBigBoss, changed my name

Koragg said:

You're like a whole new person!

Around the Network

Gonna dust off my Series S for Episode Aigis this week. Haven't turned the thing since late April I think.

Btw, my GamePass expired if I remember correctly so I'll be buying that. Don't quite remember though whether I had a digital copy of the game itself or not. Gonna be costly if I don't, as I'll have to buy a game AND DLC

I know I have a copy of Persona 3 Remake because it's sitting in my shelf. Unfortunately between Unicorn Overlord and Dragon's Dogma II I never found time to even play it.

Just dusted the Series X off a couple weeks ago to return to Starfield for the first time in a year. If I can find a couple spare weeks before Shattered Space, or if Metaphor Re:Fantazio ends up being a dud, I might finally go into Persona 3.

Koragg said:

Holy shit!  I wouldn't have noticed either.  I was about to say "welcome!"  

lol

G2ThaUNiT said:
Koragg said:

This covers it incredibly well!

I'm thinking of subscribing to gamepass pc for a month to play gears of war after space marine 2