By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Just 10k units sold in July across 10 European countries. During the same month Famitsu tracked 13k sales of Xbox Series in Japan. Yes, you read that right, Xbox is now bigger in Japan than in 10 European countries combined.

Rounding means it could be as high as 19k and still be 0.20m for June, 0.21m for July. But yes outside of the UK Xbox is pretty much dead in Europe. It potentially having sold more in Japan is something to think about.

For Jan-July overall these 10 countries are still doing a lot better than Japan though. Japan YTD end of July was at 74k for XBS.

Around the Network

Also I'm going for 100% in AoM. For your achievement whores it seems an easy 100%.

Zippy6 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Just 10k units sold in July across 10 European countries. During the same month Famitsu tracked 13k sales of Xbox Series in Japan. Yes, you read that right, Xbox is now bigger in Japan than in 10 European countries combined.

Rounding means it could be as high as 19k and still be 0.20m for June, 0.21m for July. But yes outside of the UK Xbox is pretty much dead in Europe. It potentially having sold more in Japan is something to think about.

Wouldn't 15k or above round up to 0.22m? That was how i was taught to do rounding in school anyway.

The worst part is that France is counted among the 10 countries. France was like a 1.8m lifetime market for Xbox One I think, but Xbox Series isn't tracking anywhere close to being able to hit 1.8m lifetime in France.

Shaunodon said:
LegitHyperbole said:

?? They paid to play early, they are what is wrong with the industry and screwing us less financially stable people out of playing on release day. 

Well, you're not exactly wrong, but saying they're 'screwing you over' because you can't afford to play games a few days early is both ridiculous and conceited. If you think this somehow ranks high in problems with the industry your perspective is way out of whack.

Xbox-only owners have been screwed out of playing some of the biggest Japanese games for several years now, just because it's quietly become acceptable for Sony to continually moneyhat after gaining some market dominance, and you had the audacity to come into this thread and make a fuss over this??

Edit: I should clarify Asian* games, as Stellar Blade and Black Myth are Korean and Chinese respectively.

Can't argue with that. Though the question is would the JRPGs sell on Xbox these days? Xbox made a big push into the japanese market where most of these games come from and were rejected unfortunately. My question is would the western audience on Xbox buy the games?

shikamaru317 said:
Zippy6 said:

Wouldn't 15k or above round up to 0.2m? That was how i was taught to do rounding in school anyway. The worst part is that France is counted among the 10 countries. France was like a 1.8m lifetime market for Xbox One I think, but Xbox Series isn't tracking anywhere close to being able to hit 1.8m lifetime in France.

Well 0.195m is the lowest 0.20m can be so end of June could have been as low as 195k. 0.214m is the highest 0.21m can be so 214k at end of July is possible. A 19k difference. I'm not entirely sure what the reason could be for Xbox Series doing so much worse in these countries compared to Xbox One. After all PS5 is doing worse in Europe launch aligned than PS4, so it's not like PlayStation is stronger than last gen in these countries.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Wouldn't 15k or above round up to 0.2m? That was how i was taught to do rounding in school anyway. The worst part is that France is counted among the 10 countries. France was like a 1.8m lifetime market for Xbox One I think, but Xbox Series isn't tracking anywhere close to being able to hit 1.8m lifetime in France.

Well 0.195m is the lowest 0.20m can be so end of June could have been as low as 195k. 0.214m is the highest 0.21m can be so 214k at end of July is possible. A 19k difference. I'm not entirely sure what the reason could be for Xbox Series doing so much worse in these countries compared to Xbox One. After all PS5 is doing worse in Europe launch aligned than PS4, so it's not like PlayStation is stronger than last gen in these countries.

Definitely pretty impressive that Japan sales beat 10 European countries combined in July though. Sadly, the Japan sales spike didn't last, Microsoft just raised the Xbox Series price there and sales tanked massively. We've had 2 weeks of JP sales data since the price increase and we have fallen from pretty often seeing 4k-6k weeks in Japan down to ~250 the first week after the price hike and ~750 the 2nd week.

Zippy6 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Probably PC. PC Gaming is popular in many European countries, especially Eastern Europe, once both Xbox and PS started releasing things on PC it would naturally have an impact on their sales, Xbox sales are bad for numerous reasons including that but it would also explain why PS5 is doing worse in Europe launched aligned versus PS4. It's not counted here but PC Gaming is huge in Germany too but I'd probably guess Console Gaming is still more popular in Western Europe whilst PC Gaming is more popular in Eastern Europe.

Idk why that is, but I see a lot from the Baltics, Eastern Europe etc. Say that PC Gaming is more popular there.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 September 2024

LegitHyperbole said:
Shaunodon said:

Well, you're not exactly wrong, but saying they're 'screwing you over' because you can't afford to play games a few days early is both ridiculous and conceited. If you think this somehow ranks high in problems with the industry your perspective is way out of whack.

Xbox-only owners have been screwed out of playing some of the biggest Japanese games for several years now, just because it's quietly become acceptable for Sony to continually moneyhat after gaining some market dominance, and you had the audacity to come into this thread and make a fuss over this??

Edit: I should clarify Asian* games, as Stellar Blade and Black Myth are Korean and Chinese respectively.

Can't argue with that. Though the question is would the JRPGs sell on Xbox these days? Xbox made a big push into the japanese market where most of these games come from and were rejected unfortunately. My question is would the western audience on Xbox buy the games?

You can't have frequented this thread much because this has been discussed ad nauseam, but outside the fact that everyone in this thread plays Japanese games regularly, the general picture is that they wouldn't bother porting these games if they didn't think they would get any sales. But a precedent has been set for them to expect either an exclusivity deal from PS or a gamepass deal from Xbox, so they keep holding out for the easy money.

And how has that deal worked out for Square Enix who's recent big Final Fantasy releases have failed to meet sales expectations while they delayed the PC release and continue to be coy about any Xbox release?

Updates throughout the year instead of one big update once a year is a nice change.

Minecraft Live twice a year is cool.

Retiring the mob vote is for the best, it caused too much drama and disappointment when your vote didn't win.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 September 2024