By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
LegitHyperbole said:

?? They paid to play early, they are what is wrong with the industry and screwing us less financially stable people out of playing on release day. 

I'm ashamed to say I paid for Starfield early access. Let everyone play day one, not just those who pay more. Creating fake artificial value with paid early access is a scummy business practice that needs to die.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Apparently the people who paid to "play early" (On release day) were having severe server issues. I'm filled with schadenfreude for the poor fools. 

Yikes.

Smh. There's nothing wrong with Germans, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 September 2024

What about the people who can't afford to pay +59.99 to play it day one? It is only scummy when you don't want or can't afford it yourself?

Zippy6 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

?? They paid to play early, they are what is wrong with the industry and screwing us less financially stable people out of playing on release day. 

I'm ashamed to say I paid for Starfield early access. Let everyone play day one, not just those who pay more. Creating fake artificial value with paid early access is a scummy business practice that needs to die.

I'm not ashamed to say that! It's your money, do what you want with it! Lol.

G2 paid for early access to Age of Mythology AND Space Marine 2, now there's a cuck to corporations.

Jk I don't really care, if it's something I'm really interested in then I'll pay extra for early access.

Me sitting back right now watching hundreds of villagers be sent to their deaths like a slaughterhouse so I can get the "train 10,000" villagers achievement in Age of Mythology.

All I hear is screams, I got these bastards on auto-train and auto-target so they just run straight to the enemies base.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 September 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

I'm not ashamed to say that! It's your money, do what you want with it! Lol.

G2 paid for early access to Age of Mythology AND Space Marine 2, now there's a cuck to corporations.

Jk I don't really care, if it's something I'm really interested in then I'll pay extra for early access.

IN MY DEFENSE, I got those editions of the games primarily for all the post-launch DLC. Age of Mythology premium edition included new god abilities at launch as well as 2 additional upcoming pantheons such as the Chinese. Space Marine 2 has an entire year roadmap where everything comes included with the season pass. A single purchase live service, there's something you don't see everyday. 

The early access was just the cherry on top

Zippy6 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I mean it's not that bad when it's single player games, still scummy but to give people advantage in a MP or even give people advanced progress in PVE or a game like Test Drive is beyond scum and rips the money away from people who are finding it difficult to pay for the base game also cause of the need to be in at release. The actual release. Not the three days late unlock for the poor. 

LegitHyperbole said:
DroidKnight said:

Yikes.

Well, you're not exactly wrong, but saying they're 'screwing you over' because you can't afford to play games a few days early is both ridiculous and conceited. If you think this somehow ranks high in problems with the industry your perspective is way out of whack.

Xbox-only owners have been screwed out of playing some of the biggest Japanese games for several years now, just because it's quietly become acceptable for Sony to continually moneyhat after gaining some market dominance, and you had the audacity to come into this thread and make a fuss over this??

Edit: I should clarify Asian* games, as Stellar Blade and Black Myth are Korean and Chinese respectively.

Oh wow, I knew Xbox's hardware situation in Europe was bad, but I didn't realize just how bad:

Just 10k units sold in July across 10 European countries. During the same month Famitsu tracked 13k sales of Xbox Series in Japan. Yes, you read that right, Xbox is now bigger in Japan than in 10 European countries combined.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 September 2024

The screams of my villagers will haunt me for the rest of my days.

While I'm waiting for this achievement to pop, I'll post my thoughts as I've finished all 3 Campaigns now, it was good! For some reason I was surprised by how lengthy the campaign was, I figured since it's a remake of an old game it would probably be short but nope, the first campaign has like 32 levels, the 2nd has 4 and then the 3rd campaign had around 12 levels so there's a lot in it, that's without going into multiplayer/skirmish.

Story was fun, campaign scenarios were interesting, nice maps and challenges, a lot of fun to play around with different armies like the Greeks, Egyptians, Norse, etc. and their mythological beasts and Gods. Works fine on Xbox, it's easy to play with a controller, it lagged a little once or twice when I was spamming armies with dozens of buildings built but other than that a 99% smooth experience.

Will be interested in playing Age of Mythology 2 now.

Going to read through the compendium.