By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Leynos said:

I never even heard of Game Rush.

For anyone wanting to see Original Doom 3/Xbox nostalgia

Lol GameRush was Blockbusters attempt into the game selling business. Man, I haven't seen that logo in years! 

It's funny seeing Tim Willits for the most part look the same he did 20 years ago. Just without a mustache

Around the Network

Speaking of Xbox nostalgia, the E-Day reveal made me reminisce about the perfection that was the original Gears marketing campaign. I'll never forget this MTV documentary! It was all my classmates wanted to talk about lol

coolbeans said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

In typical MS fashion: the good is bundled with the bad.  How is not striving for 60fps (at launch) become so commonplace for their biggest titles?!?!  Ninja Theory & Bethesda did have tangible arguments as to why, but this is getting absurd. 

All that streamlining to gameplay and RPG mehcanics, what exactly was the tradeoff? Usually when you sacrifice something you're meant to get something else back.

Ryuu96 said:

Lets not get the pitchforks out just yet, read the full context of the quote.

Hellblade 2 was never marketed as 60fps so it didn't need an excuse (they'll be a lot of 30fps titles as the gen goes on), Avowed on the other hand does need an excuse because they marketed it at 60fps, if they didn't do that then I personally wouldn't have cared but it's misleading (like Redfall) and thus if it's 30fps it's going to get them rightful criticism but there's 6 months to go so they could theoretically change their mind or perhaps they already are. The artist being interviewed said he wasn't 100% certain what the final target will be.

I figured this was partially directed at me, so I'll say I believe I qualified my statement enough.

While this is fair context, I simply don't like hearing how 60fps isn't a primary consideration.  In my mind, every Xbox 1st party dev ought to know the capabilities of Series S/X and pre-plan on how to maintain 60.  They can still have 30 or 60 options.

Last edited by coolbeans - on 24 August 2024

Not going to play Avowed if it doesn't ship with a 60 FPS mode. Going to wait for a performance patch.
Learned my lesson with Starfield.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

So what are your plans for the rest of the year?

Providing they don't turn out shit, here is my likely purchase/play list.

• Star Wars Outlaws
  • Age of Mythology: Retold
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
  • Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster
  • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Assassin's Creed Shadows
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

May even play Black Ops 6 and Flight Simulator 2024 if I have the time, Lol.

Out of games I’ll 100% be getting 

• September 6th - Astro Bot
  • 30th September - Shattered Space 
  • 20th November - Stalker 2
  • 2024? - Neva 

My hype meter for DA4 has kind of diminished so I’ll have to break from tradition and actually watch some gameplay… I usually go into games blind for the most part. There’s also PlayStations September shows that hopefully has the rumoured Gravity Rush 2 remaster. A quieter list to finish the year. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

What are the chances of seeing console footage of Space Marine 2?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Also got the controller...  the boxes now come in like mini boxes?

Avowed Refreshes The Fantasy Action Genre | GameSpot Preview |