By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

66 Opencritic right now

I can't say I ever expected this one to review well personally, alot of AA games struggle to review well because people want them to be AAA when they are not. The general consensus among critics is that it is just another bland Souls-like in a market overcrowded with Souls-likes. Some of the critics are even saying it would have been a better game if it wasn't a Souls-like at all. Could the "make everything a Souls-like" trend finally be breaking now that critics are getting bored with it? I certainly hope so. 

At least Kunitsu-gami got an 80 average, Xbox's other 3rd party day one Gamepass deal for July. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 17 July 2024

shikamaru317 said:

66 Opencritic right now

I can't say I ever expected this one to review well personally, alot of AA games struggle to review well because people want them to be AAA when they are not. The general consensus among critics is that it is just another bland Souls-like in a market overcrowded with Souls-likes.

At least Kunitsu-gami got an 80 average, Xbox's other 3rd party day one Gamepass deal for July. 

From what I gathered from a lot of reviews, its a fun game that really isn't souls but is compared to it.  Meaning that you will enjoy the game as long as you do not expect a real souls experience which is a blessing in my eyes because I am getting beyound tired of every action game replicating souls formula.

Meh the gameplay trailer during the showcase already looked boring IMO.

Got about halfway through ACG's review and knew there is quite a bit better games on the horizon coming out. It's a shame, I had been really hyped on this one for several years.

May still pick up later in the bargain bin.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Summer sale is up on the webste not yet on xbox 950+ games...

Pity seems to be not much stuff for me or I have it already.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 17 July 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

Well deserved, outstanding show.

Based on the nominees though, I would say Shogun deserves it the most, it was just exceptional.