By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I sure am glad I switched to PC. Free multiplayer and day one games for $3 a month less than you will pay to not get day one games on console. You now have to pay $8 a month more for day one gamepass on console as opposed to PC, though you do at least get EA stuff too for that extra $8 a month, though it's still not the day one EA Play version, takes like 8-10 months after release for EA games to be added. EA themselves value the non-day one tier of EA Play at $6 month, so PC people would actually save $2 a month buying PC gamepass and EA Play separately instead of paying for Gamepass Ultimate, unless they also have an Xbox console and want to spend the extra $2 to play their Gamepass library on both. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 July 2024

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I sure am glad I switched to PC. Free multiplayer and day one games for $3 a month less than you will pay to not get day one games on console. You now have to pay $8 a month more for day one gamepass on console as opposed to PC, though you do at least get EA stuff too for that extra $8 a month, though it's still not the day one EA Play version, takes like 8-10 months after release for EA games to be added. EA themselves value the non-day one tier of EA Play at $6 month, so PC people would actually save $2 a month buying PC gamepass and EA Play separately instead of paying for Gamepass Ultimate, unless they also have an Xbox console and want to spend the extra $2 to play their Gamepass library on both. 

PC gamepass only tier includes EA play as well. This pricing structure is terrible. Their PC sub numbers must suck.

There goes 'ole Xbox up to their tricks again.

trunkswd said:

Here is the breakdown of the different tiers with the new prices:

• Xbox Game Pass Core ($74.99 per year) - 25+ games on console, online console multiplayer, and member deals and discounts
  • Xbox Game Pass Standard ($14.99 per month when it launches) - Access to hundreds of games on console, online console multiplayer, and member deals and discounts
  • PC Game Pass ($11.99 per month) - Day one releases, access to hundreds of games on PC, and EA Play (Note: Online play is already free on PC).
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate ($19.99 per month) - Day one releases, access to hundreds of games on console and PC, online console multiplayer, member deals and discounts, EA Play, cloud gaming, free perks every mont

I'm okay with Game Pass Ultimate's price increase and moving day one to Game Pass Ultimate only, lets face it, the majority of people are on that anyway (70-80% according to the EU) but the below tiers are a complete mess still and a kick in the balls to Standard sub, it makes it look like "why does it even exist" now, is it worth the headache just to push 20-30% of people over to Ultimate or PC Game Pass? Lol.

Game Pass PC needs to not exist, it needs to merge into Standard as one sub, there's not "Netflix TV" and "Netflix Mobile"

Core is a confusing name, it implies more than it actually is, call it "Lite" or something.

It's good that Online Play is in all of them now.

• Game Pass Lite - Collection of Games, Xbox Live, Deals and Discounts, No Day One, Rotating List.
  • Game Pass Standard - Hundreds of Games, Xbox Live, Deals and Discounts, No Day One (6-12 Month Delay), Xbox/PC.
  • Game Pass Ultimate - All Games, Xbox Live, Day One Releases, Deals and Discounts, EA Play, xCloud, Perks.

Prices are very similar to PS+ now.

Game Pass Core - $10/month
Game Pass Standard - $15/month
PC Game Pass - $12/month
Game Pass Ultimate - $20/month

Essential - $10 a month.
Extra - $15 a month.
Premium - $18 a month.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 July 2024

Remember the days of Netflix in 2011? 8 bucks a month for a bunch of movies and TV shows and we thought we don't need to pirate anymore. That was nice.  Then everyone wanted in and everyone got a streaming service. But then that wasn't enough. Now we need 5 different tiers for every service. Prices go up every 5 minutes. The benefits get worse. Dust off those pirate hats.

You should not need a graph to explain a service like this. It's so fucking stupid. All these companies wonder why people are subbing less and canceling more but keep doing this fucking bullshit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Also they can't grow Game Pass PC by just being like "here's some games and Game Pass" because the vast majority of PC gamers are stuck on Steam, they only care about Steam, I would bet the vast majority of Game Pass subs on PC are just Steam users using it to try a game out first and if they like it, they just buy it on Steam, Lol.

Screwing Game Pass Console to desperately chase growth in PC which is unlikely to happen unless PC gamers habits completely change or Xbox App becomes infinitely more desirable or they suck it up and put it onto Steam, is a losing battle unless one of the three before happen, we already know the games aren't working, PC has a much larger userbase and yet Game Pass PC is a pathetic amount of total Game Pass subs, Lol.

Xbox Game Pass brought to you by Microsoft.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Leynos said:

Remember the days of Netflix in 2011? 8 bucks a month for a bunch of movies and TV shows and we thought we don't need to pirate anymore. That was nice.  Then everyone wanted in and everyone got a streaming service. But then that wasn't enough. Now we need 5 different tiers for every service. Prices go up every 5 minutes. The benefits get worse. Dust off those pirate hats.

You should not need a graph to explain a service like this. It's so fucking stupid. All these companies wonder why people are subbing less and canceling more but keep doing this fucking bullshit.

I'm still subbed to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ It's still far more convenient and easier for me than pirating.

I remember when they did the password crackdown, a bunch of people said they'd stop subbing and...Netflix subs increased 😂 I don't think Netflix subs have decreased for a couple years now, their price increases are a bit of a piss-take because they're one of the few profitable services but for all of people's angry complaints, they aren't actually un-subbing in large enough numbers for the companies to care, often people will angrily complain online but then these companies will be like "subs increased this quarter!" Lol.

Amazon Prime, Disney+, Netflix, WB Discovery and Apple TV will likely be fine because they're simply too big to fail. What people will do is just swap subs (which they should be doing anyway), unsubscribe and re-subscribe when needed, constantly cycle out the subscriptions they have, heck I should be doing that, but I'm too lazy, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 July 2024

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

PC gamepass only tier includes EA play as well. This pricing structure is terrible. Their PC sub numbers must suck.

Wow, that is even worse than I thought then, I didn't realize PC gamepass included the $6 a month version of EA Play as part of it's $12 a month price tag, that means the Gamepass part of PC gamepass effectively only costs $6 a month itself, so $6 for EA Play and $6 for Gamepass. That also means console people are now paying $8 a month more than PC people for the same experience of day one gamepass + late EA Play releases. 

Guess there is no good reason for me to continue Gamepass Ultimate in November when my 12 months expire, since PC gamepass includes EA Play I will just switch to PC gamepass. The ability to play the gamepass library on both PC and Series X is hardly worth the extra 14,000 MS Rewards points every 3 months. Better to just save those Rewards points to spend on Xbox gift cards for buying games.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 July 2024

Why does MS not offer annual subs for Ultimate still? With the price increase it's not much more expensive than PS+ month-to-month but the price over a year is a huge gap.

PS+ Premium 12 Month = $160
Gamepass Ultimate 12 month = $240

That's 50% more over a year. IDK why MS only offer monthly on ultimate.