By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Around the Network

Funny how many years ago there was so much negativvity about Fallout 76.  But ever since the TV show everyone seems to be giving the game a second chance. 

shikamaru317 said:

BiON!@ 

This is a pretty insane theory, but a very convincing one.

G2ThaUNiT said:

It would be odd for those four 2026 or later games to not be cross-gen imo. I'd rather say the Series S|X logo was missing from those 4 later than 2025 releasing games not because they are next-gen Xbox/PC exclusive launch titles Holiday 2026, but rather that they don't want to commit to a Series S|X port right now when they might have to cancel said port later (especially the case with a Series S port), disappointing people.

Also we saw gameplay for Perfect Dark and in-engine for State of Decay 3 and Gears of War E-day, and none of the 3 looked up to snuff with what people would expect from next-gen graphics, they very much so looked current gen or current/next cross-gen at best I'd say. 

The main thing that hurts this next-gen exclusives theory is that Xbox simply won't be able to make enough next-gen console units for everybody who wants to play these 4 games to be able to get a next-gen Xbox launch holiday to actually play these 4 games. Xbox has never been shown to have the capability to manufacture more than 3m units in time for the launch Holiday season, and 3m units won't be anywhere near enough for everyone who wants to play Gears, SoD 3, Perfect Dark, and Blade on launch to actually get a next-gen Xbox. Even if they were able to get 5m units ready for the launch Holiday somehow, that still wouldn't be enough to meet the demand of people wanting to play those 4 games.

Nah, I think all of the next-gen Xbox launch Holiday titles will be cross-gen, 1 of them next-gen exclusive at most just to ensure next-gen Xbox units move properly. 

Forza Horizon 4 is getting delisted December 2024.

Thankfully got it on both Xbox and Steam.

You can get the Ultimate Edition on Steam for $20 and the Xbox version goes down to $35.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

That seems like a solid plan... if you buy into MS wanting to do the traditional console thingy.  I personally think this would be a strong move.
Cutting all that "play anywhere" and cross gen out, and giveing people console exclusives, with a strong launch lineup day1 for a new system.
This would go very against what xbox have been promoteing and tauting, themselves for.  I think it would result in better console hardware sales.
(this just seems like a console purist, dream scenario...  stop cross gen, have console exclusives, do only 1 system... ect ect)

However I think it just as likely the rumors of xbox doing away with hardware, and haveing only 3rd party make xbox PC's with a xbox OS on them.
And going more multiplatform publisher, to push profits.  Rumors are just rumors ultimately, so who knows?  I honestly think this is the more likely outcome. I dont think xbox care about haveing a hardware platform, if they can increase profit margins, by doing otherwise.

We'll find out in 2 years time.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Doing their own thing is probably the best way to do it. Nintendo's done it.

Just keep holding on to b/c and you got me.

G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

Avowed is honestly shaping up really nicely! I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a GOTY contender. I figured writing, characters, and RPG gameplay were already going to be fantastic, but the combat and graphics were leaving a lot to be desired. Obsidian has really addressed those concerns. No it's not Hellblade 2 photorealism, but it has incredibly vibrant graphics and art style.

The biggest problem I saw from the recent gameplay showing is that the facial animations and syncing look very off, hopefully it's one the things that they are working on that will be improved by launch.

That video is interesting and I could see it happening, but unless the form factor is different, then the PS6's huge spec advantage by 2028 will be enough that people will flock to it, and then it will be regarded as by far the most powerful console for the next 4 years until the next Xbox comes out in 2032, and developers will have a hard time. We will see all kinds of Baldur's Gate 3 situations, or just straight up entire games skipping the Next Box from 2028-2032 until they release the one beyond that.

The sales between 26-28 will be phenomenal, and they will win over some PS guys, but by the time PS6 comes out 2 years later what are you gonna do?

If they had a 3 year head start that's probably enough time to get the profits the division would need before the PS6 comes, plus they could then launch the next console at most 3 years later from then, but maybe 2?

I think the smartest moves for MS would be to:
-Launch Next box in 2025 to shock us all. PS6 comes 2028, then MS launches next console in 2030. MS could start doing 5 year cycles to get a jump on Sony and not let Sony have the market for more than a couple years when they launch a more powerful system.

Or

-Sign an agreement with Nintendo. MS makes the "home console" while Nintendo makes the "Hybrid" going forward, with all games from both companies coming to both devices. Both companies keep their first party profits selling on both devices as if they sold on an exclusive device. This would greatly reduce the impact of the Next PlayStation launching. What if the reason for the missing console details on that video for Xbox *and* the delay for Switch 2 are not coincidental? What if both companies are gearing up for a major partnership for next gen?

*Yeah, they could also go full third party, but I don't see them doing that. There is a tremendous marketing power for your other business models by them keeping the Xbox line going. People may not realize it, but if you own a product from a company, you're likely to get other products from that same company. It's why there are so many Apple ecosystem fanatics. If you own an Xbox, you are more likely to use a PC over Apple, more likely to use Office 365 Suite Tech over Google, etc. And don't come at me with anecdotal responses, yeah I'm talking about likelihood, of course there are exceptions to averages. MS, more than anything, wants people to buy into their eco system, and losing an entire arm of their business with younger people, and therefore losing an outreach to get those people to buy into their ecosystem, whether consciously or subconsciously, is unacceptable to them.

Last edited by Dulfite - 2 days ago

G2ThaUNiT said:
Shinobi-san said:

Finally on gamepass on PC and got the games I've been dreaming about for years.

Forza Horizon 5 is every bit as good as everyone has said. Its a beautiful game, make sure to play with HDR turned on makes a big difference. Also make sure to roll those wheel spins and check your inbox for gifts! You actually start the game out with quite a number of gifted cars. - 10/10

Age of Empires 2 - Definitive Edition is just as I remember it but with decent graphics, some new features and a surprisingly active multiplayer community! A must try if you into RTS games or just for nostalgia reasons. - 9/10

Unfortunately Hellblade 2, a game I was hyped about for years is possibly worse than even the mediocre reviews have portrayed it. Will be a bit harsh here, but the gameplay is essentially non-existent. That being said I think a few significant tweaks to the game design and combat and they actually have a decent game. The story, atmosphere, characters and environments were all amazing. Its actually a bit hard to classify this as a game so il leave out the rating. I seriously do wonder though if any of the developers enjoy this.

Games that I will be trying out next but they have insanely huge downloads are Gears of War 5, Halo Infinite, Starfield and Age of Empires 4! Excited!

Awesome to see another Age of Empires fan in the thread!

Excited for Age of Mythology: Retold in September?!?

I've never tried Age of Mythology - not sure if I should wait for the remake or go try the original...

I'm also planning on giving Stormgate a try - seems to be a half-decent Starcraft clone lol

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|