By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
JRPGfan said:

https://kotaku.com/starfield-vulture-quest-worth-it-review-1851557774

What do you guys think about this?
A content DLC (quest) for Starfield, costs 7$ and is basically just a run and gun, mission that takes less than 20m to complete.
(author thinks if you had a really power character, high level, you could do it in half that time)

Would you pay 7$ for a "bethesda made" quest, thats then possibly done in 10 minuets?

It is mixed, if you love a particular game that has a creation club that comes with new content made by fans that you can buy seems to be like an easy win. The issue is it seems bethesda takes a large chunk from it.  I never bought something from creation club but their is always some free stuff on it and if things were sold like a 1$ I would probably get some things.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

A content DLC (quest) for Starfield, costs 7$ and is basically just a run and gun, mission that takes less than 20m to complete.
(author thinks if you had a really power character, high level, you could do it in half that time)

Would you pay 7$ for a "bethesda made" quest, thats then possibly done in 10 minuets?

Definitely not. That can quickly become a domino effect of Bethesda trying to paywall additional quests that they make down the line, into ESVI even, that can then extend to other developers/publishers to try to paywall story-based content. Which is not something I will support. Horse Armor DLC all over again

I personally have no qualms with paid mods, but, it has to be mods from the community! Someone who spent weeks making a piece of content themselves, entire questlines even, deserves to have some sort of royalty for the work they put in. 

But developer made mods, absolutely not. And from what it sounds like Todd is alluding to, this isn't going to be the last time they try this. Feels like a worse type of microtransaction. 

$7 dlc content lmao for a SP game.

JRPGfan said:

I don't mind the concept of Bethesda themselves making creation club paid mods, I would even say I welcome it if individual developers or even small teams at Bethesda, in their free time, can make and release paid mod DLC there and pocket the proceeds themselves (minus whatever percentage cut Bethesda is taking from normal non-employee paid mod developers), as it would be a good way for individual game developers, who are underpaid compared to most other college degree holders, to make some extra cash on the side.

But if Bethesda, the studio as a whole, is going to release paid mods through creation club, which effectively makes them the same thing as official DLC packs, the pricing needs to be fair, $7 for 10-20 minutes is just insane, a DLC that short should be like $1.50 tops. I wouldn't even bother releasing something that short with "Bethesda" as the author, no official DLC's under 2 hours imho. You can get away with charging $7 for 2 hours, studios have been doing it for over a decade, I've been replaying Dragon Age Origins recently, and I played through several of it's DLC's in around 2 hours each, and Bioware/EA released most of those 2 hour DLC's for $7 back in 2010, and people bought them for that price and it wasn't seen as a big deal or a ripoff by most.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - 4 days ago

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Avowed is honestly shaping up really nicely! I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a GOTY contender. I figured writing, characters, and RPG gameplay were already going to be fantastic, but the combat and graphics were leaving a lot to be desired. Obsidian has really addressed those concerns. No it's not Hellblade 2 photorealism, but it has incredibly vibrant graphics and art style.

Weird. 

JRPGfan said:

Yes. I'm not living and spending my money based on principles or have any kind of metrics in mind (for instance, how long it is etc...)...
I live and spend my money for things I like and enjoy.

If I enjoyed a game and I can get some extra content; and I think it is worse my 7$; why not? I always buy all DLCs, extras for games I really like.

Do I sometimes buy stuff and regret it? :D Yes, definitely, but at the end I have no issue with that kind of stuff at all.

shikamaru317 said:

Weird. 

Aw crap

shikamaru317 said:

Weird. 

Nadella check must have bounced.