By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Nice,

I also would like the following:

• Do away with a predefined base and upgrade spot, let us build walls, gardens, towers, wherever we want.
  • No more Zombies spawn inside the map, aside from zombies present at the game start, make zombie hordes spawn from outside and migrate/travel through the map, making safe zones the ones you can organically keep safe instead of just resetting the safe zone after some time.
  • The game is about community management so I want policy tabs where community decisions can be made for NPC like :
    • Min the number of people while scavenging.
      • 3 (noisy, can lead to more zombie tracking back to your safe zone), can deal with most situations on their own (low probability of creating "help-me" mission)
      • 2 (balanced)
      • 1 (less zombie tracking back to your base), Higher probability of needing help
  • No more NPC teleporting, to create a "help me" sub-mission. Just track them in real-time, no more of (just spoke to X at the base, 15s later he's on the other side of the map and has spotted a feral.)

"The Veilguard" has to be the most sauce-less subtitle in games to date. Still don't get why they went with a Borderlands-esque character intro for that trailer.

DroidKnight said:

I was wondering why there were already quite a few dislikes compared to likes only to see many comments that were expecting new gameplay lol

God damn do I want id Tech for more games!

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

"The Veilguard" has to be the most sauce-less subtitle in games to date. Still don't get why they went with a Borderlands-esque character intro for that trailer.

Yeah, one of the biggest marketing blunders I have ever seen, that first trailer. The like-dislike ratio is among the lowest I have seen for any game trailer ever, and it wasn't even an accurate representation of the game based on what we saw in today's gameplay demo. Why market your dark fantasy game with pop music and quips? 

shikamaru317 said:
coolbeans said:

Yeah, one of the biggest marketing blunders I have ever seen, that first trailer. The like-dislike ratio is among the lowest I have seen for any game trailer ever, and it wasn't even an accurate representation of the game based on what we saw in today's gameplay demo. Why market your dark fantasy game with pop music and quips? 

I think the tone of the trailer along with the game going for a more hack n slash approach to combat shows BioWare is trying to appeal to as many people as possible. Which, can't blame them for it. BioWare I'm sure is on thin ice after the past decade of blunders. 

Finally got around to watching the DA:TV deep dive. Thoughts;

- DA2 combat evolved. Love that it’s more hack and slash based like DA2.
- Art style is honestly fine, more stylised graphics vs photorealistic works great with Fantasy as we’ve seen many times in the past.
- No release date makes this an easy guess it’s gonna get delayed to 2025/2026.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think the tone of the trailer along with the game going for a more hack n slash approach to combat shows BioWare is trying to appeal to as many people as possible. Which, can't blame them for it. BioWare I'm sure is on thin ice after the past decade of blunders. 

Yeah, it's pretty clear that EA demanded higher sales for Dragon Age 4 after Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda flopped. Even Bioware's successful games like Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 2 never moved huge numbers compared to other WRPG makers like Bethesda and CD Projekt. EA has yet to announce 20m series sells for the Dragon Age series, the only official numbers we ever got for the series were 3.2m copies sold in 4 months for Dragon Age: Origins, 2m sales in 2 months for Dragon Age 2 (which EA was disappointed by at the time), and a reported 6m sales in 4 years for Dragon Age Inquisition, a lackluster number for a game that won GOTY in 2014. Mass Effect sold better than Dragon Age did, but even it's sales were lackluster compared to many other RPG's on the market at the time, with 14m sales between 3 games as of 2014, 2 years after Mass Effect 3 released, so an average of just 4.6m sales for each original trilogy Mass Effect game back in 2014. Even with continued legs for the original trilogy, plus sales of Mass Effect Andromeda and Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary edition added on, the Mass Effect series may yet to have hit 20m sales, EA hasn't announced 20m for the series anyway.

I think EA wanted them to design Dragon Age 4 with higher mainstream appeal, which is why RPG elements seem to have been toned down in favor of hack & slash gameplay. To go alongside the push for higher mainstream appeal, the reveal trailer was clearly designed to appeal to a younger generation of gamers, gen z gamers who never played DA 1 - 3, but it didn't do what they intended, all it did was make fans of the earlier games angry. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 June 2024