By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
coolbeans said:

If Avowed is indeed Nov. 12th that gives little time left for Indiana Jones. I don't see the benefit of a (probable) December release date.

I see Indiana Jones getting delayed to like February or March probably. Would be odd to see Holiday packed with Black Ops in October, Avowed and Flight Sim in November, and the Indiana Jones in December missing the crucial Black Friday week, plus 3rd party Xbox marketing deals on AC in November and possibly Dragon Age still releasing Holiday 2024 as well.

That's another good reason I forget: crowded market against some of the biggest names whereas Indy's popularity has been continually waning.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
shikamaru317 said:

I see Indiana Jones getting delayed to like February or March probably. Would be odd to see Holiday packed with Black Ops in October, Avowed and Flight Sim in November, and the Indiana Jones in December missing the crucial Black Friday week, plus 3rd party Xbox marketing deals on AC in November and possibly Dragon Age still releasing Holiday 2024 as well.

That's another good reason I forget: crowded market against some of the biggest names whereas Indy's popularity has been continually waning.

Yeah, there are quite a few other big releases in the Holiday quarter, in addition to the ones I listed, across various platforms. October has games like Silent Hill 2 remake, Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero, Metaphor ReFantazio, Starship Troopers, New World's console port, Sonic X Shadow Generations, and Life Is Strange: Double Exposure in addition to CoD from Activision. November has Slitterhead and AC Shadows in addition to Flight Sim and possibly Avowed from Xbox. December has Lego Horizon. And there are tons of TBA Q3/Q4 and TBA Q4 games still to be dated. Q4 might be too busy for Indiana Jones, especially since Xbox already has games for October and November, December just isn't the ideal release month for AAA games, some like Cyberpunk, Far Cry 3, and Just Cause 3 have made December work over the years, but more often than not AAA's released in December have underperformed, presumably due to gamers blowing all of their extra spending money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, and general Christmas shopping taking precedence. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 June 2024

shikamaru317 said:

Oh wow, the Dragon Age ratio continues to get worse, the Xbox upload of the trailer now has 1.5k likes and 5.1k dislikes, that is way worse than it was a few hours ago.

In the hours since I posted this, Dragon Age has gained just 600 likes, from 1.5k up to 2.1k, and about 6k dislikes, from 5.1k to 11k. Truly terrible ratio, barely above the CoD Infinite Warfare reveal trailer back in 2016. 

I truly hope that Bioware can redeem themselves with the gameplay demo on Tuesday, that this was simply a poorly designed trailer by some noobs in the marketing department at Bioware, that the game hasn't seen a massive tonal shift compared DA 1-3. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 June 2024

Leynos said:

Shocked anyone expected Persona 6 when Atlus has SMTV-V to sell and a new IP in the fall to focus on. Not here but seeing it elsewhere online.

Too early for P6.

Will likely be revealed or teased at TGS 2024 if anything.

I expect it to be released in 2026 though.

https://x.com/shinobi602/status/1799982357455204513?t=X9ekVBmf5SjinhDd4bUAOg&s=19

Shinobi is saying he got a sneak peak of Tuesday's Dragon Age gameplay demo and that the game actually looks good. Great news for sure, but what a terrible marketing blunder today, whoever made that trailer is probably sweating it right now.

Around the Network

Show was good idk like an 8/10 for me, anyone else happy they brought back the "of War" to Gears? Guess Next year maybe we will see Everwild...

Oh yeah I never scored mine;

Games that are day 1 purchases:
- STALKER 2 (if it comes to PS5)
- Life Is Strange: Double Exposure
- Dragon Age 4

Games I need to see more of first:
- Mixtape
- Perfect Dark
- Fable
- MGS3 Delta

Games I have no interest in
- Gears of War E-Day
- Doom: The Dark Age
- Flight Sim
- State of Decay 3
- Atomfall
- Expedition 33
- Flintlock
- Mecha Break
- Winter Burrow
- Wuchang

Games that can fuck off:
- COD:BLOPS6
- South of Midnight
- Fragpunk
- The GaaS games

Ubisoft:
- Assassin Creed: Shadows

Overall: Personal taste makes this a 5/10 but objectively their best showcase to date.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Doom took the chain shield mechanic from Rygar basically. Which is neat. If you are unaware Rygar is an old arcade game then NES game and then a PS2 reboot (Which God of War kinda ripped off) . He throws his shield which has blades on it and it attacks enemies and comes back to him tho it's on a chain.

It's cool to see something similar return. This was a cool game.

Last edited by Leynos - on 10 June 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

ice said:

Show was good idk like an 8/10 for me, anyone else happy they brought back the "of War" to Gears? Guess Next year maybe we will see Everwild...

Hell yeah!  Another scholarly "of War" appreciator here. 

Booted up starfield after the update and the trackers alliance seems to be a nice bonus.