By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
derpysquirtle64 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Honestly Sony may have cancelled PS5 Pro last minute after they heard the leaks about Xbox planning to get a headstart on them in 2026. PS5 Pro was said to be releasing later this year, you would think they would have announced it on their Summer State of Play a week ago, but they didn't. Maybe they cancelled it and moved up their PS6 plans from the original plan of 2027-2028 to Holiday 2026. No idea.

The dumbest thing Sony can do right now is to move the PS6 launch to 2026 just because Xbox launching early. That would be like moving PS2 launch one year earlier just because SEGA launches Dreamcast.

Agreed. They don't need to worry about Xbox getting a 1 year sales headstart on them, like at all. Even with a 1 year headstart Xbox will be badly hamstrung in the number of units they can actually move during that first year due to limited production capabilities, even if by some miracle Xbox produced and moved 10m units in the first year before PS6 launches, Sony would have caught them back up by the end of 2028 or even earlier. On top of that, the early launch for Xbox will be putting them at a bit of a disadvantage in terms of hardware specs and graphical capability. Sony does not need to move up their PS6 plans from probably Holiday 2027 to Holiday 2026, not unless they caught wind of Xbox actually releasing even earlier, Holiday 2025, Xbox may be able to actually make a decent dent in their marketshare with a 2 year headstart. But it seems odd that Xbox would release next-gen that early.

I'm more inclined to think that PS5 Pro itself has been delayed into 2025 rather than being cancelled in favor of an earlier PS6 launch. Maybe Sony is ok with releasing PS5 Pro in 2025 and then PS6 just 2 years later in 2027. Or maybe PS5 Pro is still releasing later this year and they just didn't announce it on their Summer State of Play for whatever reason.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 June 2024

Around the Network

On a side note, it is pretty darn cool to see a video game add a setting so close to where I live. Fallout 76 is adding a new area to the map based on the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, where I live.

Oh wow, the Dragon Age ratio continues to get worse, the Xbox upload of the trailer now has 1.5k likes and 5.1k dislikes, that is way worse than it was a few hours ago.

Luckily for Ubisoft at least, Dragon Age taking the brunt of gamer hate, coupled with a strong gameplay trailer for AC Shadows today, seems to have taken some of the heat off of them. While there are still a fair few dislikes, the ratio has improved massively over the reveal trailer (reveal trailer had nearly 3x more dislikes than likes, whereas today's gameplay trailer has 13k likes to 4.6k dislikes), and I'm seeing alot of comments praising the gameplay, world design, and art design. People are happy to see new and improved attack and parkour animations, especially the flip that Naoe does when she jumps off the roof.

The stop motion on South of Midnight is what will get me to play that game. I grew up with Wallace and Gromit and it makes me happy when more people do that style. I could care less about fps.

derpysquirtle64 said:

Bingo card for this year, I'm out of the loop for gaming news lately, so going in almost blind.

New Doom announced for early 2025 - multiplat release day one to no one's surpriseGears Collection coming later this yearGears 6 teaser with no release dateCall of Duty ends the showFable opens the show - gameplay footage with 2025 release date
Forza Horizon 6 is not present at the showXbox Series X Digital announced - coming this summer at $449Final Fantasy XVI coming to Xbox in 2025STALKER 2 new trailerUbisoft Star Wars game new trailer with release date - 2025
Handheld teased with no specific detailsAnother trailer for Metaphor: ReFantazioID@Xbox segmentJapanese game devs have even worse presence than last year - maximum 1 new game announced, not counting FF XVI
Starfield DLC trailer with release dateSouth of Midnight is absentVast majority of games are coming to GamePass day one (~90%)Fallout segment, based on a hype of a TV show. Probably new Fallout 76 DLC announcedSea of Thieves getting new content, MS acknowledges it's success on PS5
Halo Infinite new update trailerHollow Knight Silksong is absent (yes, again)Elden Ring Shadow of Erdtree trailerSpyro 4 teasedNo Kojima this year and we still wonder what the hell he is cooking with Xbox

No bingo, this was completely wrong.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

My bingo card for this year:

Surprise 2nd party announce (something Jez hasn't already leaked the codename and details for like Suerte or Shaolin) Trailers and release dates for the already announced 2024 releases from Xbox (Ara, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Flight Sim, Age of Mythology, Towerborne) Zenimax Online Project Kestrel announced and named Trailer for WoW's upcoming The War Within expansion  Older Activision games (including CoD) land on Gamepass later the same day as the show
Diablo 4 Vessel of Hatred expansion trailer Brass Lion's Wu Tang clan RPG announced State of Decay 3 gameplay trailer Gears Collection announced Fable gameplay trailer
Square Enix announces some ports to Xbox as part of their new multiplatform initiative, possibly with Gamepass release on some of them Forza Horizon 6 announced for either 2024 or first half 2025 Free space Project Mara shown and given a proper name Fallout 3 Remaster announced (possibly Xbox will announce that development has begun on a brand new Fallout game as well, considering the recent rumors)
Clockwork Revolution new gameplay trailer South of Midnight gameplay reveal Outer Worlds 2 gameplay trailer Contraband gameplay reveal and release window Double Fine's next game revealed
Perfect Dark, Everwild, Blade, OD, Elder Scrolls 6 will all be no-shows saved for later shows Overwatch 2 next hero revealed Blue Dragon remaster announced id's next game announced (Quake or Doom probably) More ports to other platforms announced with Xbox explaining their multiplatform plans and killing the vibe of the whole show

Yeah, I wasn't even close to a bingo this year, the most I have in a row, column, or diagonal is 3/5 on row 2.

I got to see quite a bit of the show.

Pretty decent number of reveals - was hoping for at least one more Japanese centric announcement from either Square Enix, Capcom or Namco but oh well (I know MGS was showcased but man MGS trailers nowadays feel like it has no soul compared to the Kojima driven trailers of the past).

In terms of what I was interested in....

High Priority
-Gears of War E-Day
-Fable
-Indiana Jones
-Assassin's Creed Shadows
-Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater
-Expedition 33

Medium Priority
-Doom The Dark Ages
-Starfield Expansions
-Age of Mythology Retold
-Diablo IV Expansion
-Perfect Dark
-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
-Life is Strange Double Exposure
-Avowed
-South of Midnight

Low Priority
-Call of Duty Black Ops 6
-State of Decay 3
-Fallout 76 Expansions
-Stalker 2
-Mixtape
-Flintlock Siege of Dawn
-Dragon Age The Veilguard

No Priority/No interest
-World of Warcraft War Within

shikamaru317 said:
shikamaru317 said:

My bingo card for this year:

Surprise 2nd party announce (something Jez hasn't already leaked the codename and details for like Suerte or Shaolin)Trailers and release dates for the already announced 2024 releases from Xbox (Ara, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Flight Sim, Age of Mythology, Towerborne)Zenimax Online Project Kestrel announced and namedTrailer for WoW's upcoming The War Within expansion Older Activision games (including CoD) land on Gamepass later the same day as the show
Diablo 4 Vessel of Hatred expansion trailerBrass Lion's Wu Tang clan RPG announcedState of Decay 3 gameplay trailerGears Collection announcedFable gameplay trailer
Square Enix announces some ports to Xbox as part of their new multiplatform initiative, possibly with Gamepass release on some of themForza Horizon 6 announced for either 2024 or first half 2025Free spaceProject Mara shown and given a proper nameFallout 3 Remaster announced (possibly Xbox will announce that development has begun on a brand new Fallout game as well, considering the recent rumors)
Clockwork Revolution new gameplay trailerSouth of Midnight gameplay revealOuter Worlds 2 gameplay trailerContraband gameplay reveal and release windowDouble Fine's next game revealed
Perfect Dark, Everwild, Blade, OD, Elder Scrolls 6 will all be no-shows saved for later showsOverwatch 2 next hero revealedBlue Dragon remaster announcedid's next game announced (Quake or Doom probably)More ports to other platforms announced with Xbox explaining their multiplatform plans and killing the vibe of the whole show

Yeah, I wasn't even close to a bingo this year, the most I have in a row, column, or diagonal is 3/5 on row 2.

I was being lazy this year and was just teaming up on your card.  You cost us the win.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Dulfite said:

The stop motion on South of Midnight is what will get me to play that game. I grew up with Wallace and Gromit and it makes me happy when more people do that style. I could care less about fps.

I really like the way it looks. I have a soft spot for stop motion and it was really only the cut scenes. Gameplay looked smooth.

DroidKnight said:
shikamaru317 said:

I was being lazy this year and was just teaming up on your card.  You cost us the win.

Yeah, there were quite alot of no-show projects that really cost me, lol. For instance I had Contraband (announced 3 years ago) and Project Mara (announced 4.5 years ago) and neither was shown today. Meanwhile the Bethesda roadmap from the ABK court docs leak had Project Kestrel releasing the same fiscal year as Doom, so I figured they would announce Kestrel with at least a CGI teaser since Doom had been leaked to be there, but it was also a no-show. No Clockwork Revolution was also a bit odd, considering they were far enough along in development to have gameplay footage (not CGI) last year. Square being a no-show in terms of JP games was also a bit odd, considering they just made a big deal about going multiplatform and having late ports inbound for consoles they originally skipped, I figured Xbox would have at least got them to show FF16 or FF7R ports there, especially since FF16's 1 year exclusivity expires later this month, but Square was also a no-show aside from Life is Strange from their western division. No Gears Collection was also a bit odd since it has been rumored for like 3 years straight, and also because Jez suggested Xbox had an unannounced 2024 release which most assumed would be Gears Collection, but Jez was clearly wrong about there being an unannounced 2024 game from Xbox, they didn't even have dates for some of their 2024 games like Indiana Jones and Avowed, while 2024 release Towerborne was a no-show.