By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I have zero issues with a Halo: CE remake if they do it right. Don't fuck with the story and make everything better around it.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Idk who this leaker is but Mint Blitz seems to deem them as reputable. 

It seems silly to me to remake Halo 1 for it's 25th anniversary when it was already remastered for the 10th. Meanwhile Halo 3 wasn't touched for it's 10th or 15th anniversary, and with Halo development resources going to the next mainline Halo (the UE5 one) and Halo 1 Remake these next few years, it's doubtful they will have the development resources to remaster Halo 3 for it's 20th anniversary in 2027 either. It's  so insane to me to leave 3 untouched when it is the most popular Halo game by a longshot, I remember playing it over a year after release and seeing like 300k+ concurrent players at times. 

I’m wondering if 343 is taking more inspiration from Halo CE and this remake could be a taste of what the next mainline Halo game will be like.

Open ended level design with a wide set of biomes rather than full open world, bigger sense of isolation and mystery, a large emphasis on the Flood, bring back the Covenant in some way.

At least that’s what I’m picturing as to why they would be remaking the first game than the others.

I can't imagine the Xbox Showcase being less than good with the lineup we know and heavily rumored titles.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Idk who this leaker is but Mint Blitz seems to deem them as reputable. 

A remake makes way more sense than another remaster like the earlier rumor suggested. 

Now they have more possibility to hype fans. Like, they could potentially add a few odst like missions where you control Jhonson while encountering floods or Keyes before that.

smroadkill15 said:

I can't imagine the Xbox Showcase being less than good with the lineup we know and heavily rumored titles.

Xbox game studios has been cooking since the acquisition spree in 2018, on top of that there's Zenimax + ABK. I think it will be a great show

Around the Network

I wonder what the new announcements will be - really excited to see what gets announced, hopefully another JRPG from a third party (Squareenix, SEGA, Bamco, etc).

BasilZero said:

I wonder what the new announcements will be - really excited to see what gets announced, hopefully another JRPG from a third party (Squareenix, SEGA, Bamco, etc).

Supposedly Blue Dragon should be there according to a leak a month ago. Although unknown if it would be a remaster or part of the reinitiated BC program. 

derpysquirtle64 said:

This has been the toughest bingo card in recent years. And the main problem is that I've already heard that there are 30 games shown in a 2-hour show as expected and only 5 of them will be new announcements. This is the reason why I am tempering my expectations and not expecting much from this Xbox showcase, unfortunately. As yesterday's Keighleys has already been a disappointment. Games industry seems stagnating and not offering a lot of games to look forward to. At least, I'll finally have time to go through backlog maybe next year.

I heard 6 of the 30 games are world premieres, but yeah, seems like this show will be mainly focused on updates for games that were already announced, which is quite alot of games, Xbox has like 16 already announced 1st/2nd party games right now.

For the 6 world premieres, I'm guessing we will see:

1. Gears Collection- Has been rumored to be in development for like 3 years straight and feels like the most likely candidate to be the unannounced 2024 Xbox 1st/2nd party release
  2. Gears 6- Has been rumored to be getting a reveal this year
  3. Doom: The Dark Ages- Leaked to be there
  4. TES 4 Oblivion remaster- The Bethesda roadmap from the ABK court leaks had it releasing this year, and the leaker claiming to be a former employee at the studio developing the remaster said it would release in 2024 or 2025
  5. Zenimax Online Project Kestrel- Has been in development since 2018 and was on the Bethesda roadmap from the ABK court docs leak for the same fiscal year as Doom Year Zero (aka Doom The Dark Ages)
  6. Probably a 3rd party reveal, it would be unusual for an Xbox summer showcase to have no 3rd party reveals, they almost always have at least one, maybe Namco Bandai because they have very few announced games right now

Other possibilities to be among the 6 would be Double Fine's next game or the Wu Tang Clan Kung Fu RPG from Brass Lion. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 08 June 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

Supposedly Blue Dragon should be there according to a leak a month ago. Although unknown if it would be a remaster or part of the reinitiated BC program. 

What do you mean by re-initiated BC program?

Blue Dragon is already b/c. I know because I have it lol

BasilZero said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

What do you mean by re-initiated BC program?

Blue Dragon is already b/c. I know because I have it lol

Oh. Hopefully it’s a remaster then lol. Sarah Bond said I think at the business update that they were starting the BC program up again as they shut it down like a year ago. I’m sure Activision's extensive catalog of games will play a big part.