By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

And games we will see! I'm very excited for the showcase.

Around the Network

If Halo 1 gets another fucking remaster before Halo 3 ima throw my series x at the dent that made that decision.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

New Halo Infinite Update showcased onstagePlaydead's next titleNext DOOM title (Year Zero)State of Decay 3 *NOT* showFlight Sim 2024
Elder Scrolls Online: The Gold Road detailsNew standard controller (similar in kind to DualSense)Oblivion RemasterEverwild *NOT* shownGreater initiatives on backwards compatibility in lieu of 360 store shutting down 
Starfield: Shattered Space ExpansionGears 6Free Space (Phil Spencer rocks a "RIP Tango Gameworks lol" shirt onstage)New Contraband trailer with release windowNew Avowed news
Fable *NOT* ShownA bunch of COD comes to Game PassNew Perfect Dark trailerSome type of ID@Xbox or indie game sizzle reelSomething shown from Double Fine
Bigger SSD Expansion cards announcedBanjo & Kazooie will show up!TowerborneMore ARA detailsNew trailer for Replaced

That's.....a lot of players! Especially considering only 1 game in the series is FTP in Immortal.

My guesses for the show:

Banjo x Spyro adventure crossover game.

Halo Origins about the creation of the Halos.

Warcraft 4

Gears of War Racing Simulator

Tony Hawk game set in the Doom universe

New Doom game stars Isabelle and makes DoomCrossing official.

Psychonaughts: Total War

Sea of Thieves Starfield DLC

Fallout 1+2 Remake in Chibi art style, isometric.

Call of Duty game set in the fictional universe of Blade Runner.

Age of Empires: Tron

Around the Network

Allegedly there’s a The Thing remake gonna be announced :o

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I have never watched an Xbox showcase with as much scrutiny and reservation as I will watch this one. Those studio closures still sting.

I will be announced as Head of Xbox Studios. Please send me your wishlist for new games.

On another note: just finished Hellblade II ( playing one chapter per day, that worked really well for me) and to me it is an amazing experience. I think to be able to see that Ninja Theory wanted to give it more mainstream appeal than the first one, without sacrificing their vision - and to me they succeeded. There was a good flow to the story and progression, graphics, music and sound are awesome, and I say they did a great job immersing you in Senua's world (learning to live with the constant voices in your head, looking for clues and hidden faces everywhere in the world and doubting what of what you have seen and done was "real" and what was not- that's how Senua walks through life, and you get to experience glimpses of that yourself as the player and get to feel her struggle; great accomplishment). And the combat and the puzzles (although mechanically in and of themselves only being mediocre videogame food) fit into that experience and support it. Clear 9 out of 10 in my book. My gripes are actually only the water physics (the way waves clip into other objects for example) which I found to be immersion-breakingly bad next to the other stunning visuals and Melina Juergens' acting- I don't doubt her commitment but I think she is not a very good or convincing actor. But I am happy this game exists and was allowed to be made exactly like this.

shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

Jesus just let last gen fucking die already.

Yeah, it's insane to me that we're about to get a cross-gen CoD just 2 years before the next-gen Xbox is said to be releasing, Holiday 2026. This means we are only going to get a single current gen only CoD game, the Holiday 2025 one, as the Holiday 2026 one will be cross-gen yet again.

Imagine if the 2025 one is cross-gen too though...

Not really when we got a report more than half of PS users are still on PS4 and lets not even talk about Xbox users.  It makes total sense for ABK to keep the game cross gen because they just cannot ignore that huge install base of older consoles and customers.  It just shows how the industry is at this moment.