By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Feels particularly wrong to call this thread "Xbox Empire" RN so fuck it I'm going with a generic label.

Feel so bad for the employees man, if they spun them off independently I wouldn't even be mad, more like annoyed.

Around the Network

If even Ryuu96 gets upset, then you know you really screwed up

Ok, they should just go full 3rd party now. I dont want more studios to close down.

Right now I only trust Nintendo and Valve and I don't even fucking play on Steam, Lol. I'm so fucking close to abandoning Xbox for Steam but Game Pass + GTA 6 + My Achievements. I have no issues rebuilding my library on Steam.

Even if I stick with Xbox, I'm going to treat them like the soulless capitalist corporation they are, no more benefit of the doubt, I'll still support the games because I'm still excited by the upcoming games, I'll still support the amazing studios making our games, these are the guys we should support, not the moneygrubbing executives at the top.

I'm excited for the upcoming games but Xbox corp can go fuck itself.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Xbox is so damn stupid sometimes. I can understand closing Alpha Dog and even Atkane Austin after Redfall flopped, but closing Tango is the stupidest decision they have made since closing Lionhead and Ensemble. Ghostwire Tokyo and HiFi Rush were both successes, and it sends a horrible message to any JP devs who might have been willing to work with Xbox.

It's obvious Aaron Greenberg bullshitted us, Hi-Fi Rush was not a financial success, it also bombed on PlayStation.

But neither of those things should be reason to shutdown Tango in an instant. Give them another shot FFS. They are a less than 150 employee studio, they are based in Japan even where wages are much lower than many American states, or if not that, then let them spinoff independently like Toys for Bob, this just sends a message to Compulsion, Double Fine, Ninja Theory that they're next.

One flop is all you get, one flop and then you're dead.

Thing is, I don't see how that could have been a flop. It was a small game made by a smaller team at the studio (probably 35% of their staff at most) while a larger team made Ghostwire Tokyo, made with graphics that were pretty much last gen, and the marketing was pretty much non-existent due to the shadow drop, so the budget should have been closer to most indie games than it was to the budget of AAA games. It then went on to reach 3m Gamepass players in the first 7 months, and probably at least 400k sales in that timespan between Xbox and PC. If the game still isn't considered a success after that, hot damn is the gaming industry screwed. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 May 2024

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

Ok, they should just go full 3rd party now. I dont want more studios to close down.

I feel sorry for the ones who got excited about the Easter Egg, 

They really fuck up the reputation they have left in this industry for a few million a month of cost reduction. That shows how shortsighted public companies are. You make 20+ billion of profits a quarter and think about a few million more while destroying the reputation of your whole division.

The difference between Nintendo and most other publishers is that they know how to "live within their means."

PixelPirate said:

If even Ryuu96 gets upset, then you know you really screwed up

See I never cared about the multiplatform nonsense but we're talking about human beings here being treated like shit and spat out after a bunch of bullshit promises to them and that is what is infuriating me, all these studio closures and layoffs, all the lies, all the incredible people making our games are being treated like fucking dirt.

Entire industry should unionise just as a fuck you to ever executive in the industry.

Xbox now is a device which plays games I enjoy, Xbox division is a bloodthirsty money grabbing corporation, I support the Xbox studios and the amazing employees, not Xbox division anymore.

Should copy ResetEra and just rename to XGS + BGS + ABK

VersusEvil said:

15 days till HB2 launches. I know MS has trained you all to be negative about everything but .. who’s excited? … anyone?

Well this didn’t age well … 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition