By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just get rid of the games with gold and charge me a low flat yearly discounted rate for access to online multi-player services. I always get the 59.99 yearly gold which comes out to about 5 bucks a month.

I sure don't want to be bombarded with commercials.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Ho ho ho ads can fuck off, ads in my games can fuck off harder.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Can't say I really care about whether MS drops an ad tier or not. It's the same as the whole Netflix situation for me. I'm never gonna use that low tier, so it's irrelevant to me. As such, I don't have much of an opinion on it. I feel like I very often see people sounding off on these offerings when they're very clearly not even the target audience, and I just don't really get it. Obviously, nobody who's already paying for various premium offerings on service XYZ is going to find an ad-tier of anything particularly appealing. But that's pretty irrelevant at the end of the day.

If I were to put myself in the shoes here, of someone who had to actually weigh the choice of subbing to an ad-tier version of GP for 3 bucks a month, I feel like I'd probably be far more bummed about the 6 month wait for titles than an ad or two playing on boot up. That'll happen once, and then, unless there's a crash, I'd have that game on quick resume until I've beaten it.

Angelus said:

Can't say I really care about whether MS drops an ad tier or not. It's the same as the whole Netflix situation for me. I'm never gonna use that low tier, so it's irrelevant to me. As such, I don't have much of an opinion on it. I feel like I very often see people sounding off on these offerings when they're very clearly not even the target audience, and I just don't really get it. Obviously, nobody who's already paying for various premium offerings on service XYZ is going to find an ad-tier of anything particularly appealing. But that's pretty irrelevant at the end of the day.

If I were to put myself in the shoes here, of someone who had to actually weigh the choice of subbing to an ad-tier version of GP for 3 bucks a month, I feel like I'd probably be far more bummed about the 6 month wait for titles than an ad or two playing on boot up. That'll happen once, and then, unless there's a crash, I'd have that game on quick resume until I've beaten it.

Yeah, and I think there's probably a lot of people like my nieces and nephews who have XBL for like a few games at most They probably won't even take advantage of the Game Pass aspect and they'd be fine with watching one ad per day and ultimately it comes out to cheaper for them to sign up to this rather than XBLG. Then maybe one day they do check out the Game Pass aspect.

As long as it isn't constant ads but the wording looks like one ad on bootup and that's it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 December 2022

I just want info on new Fable.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

It's been so long. Hopefully this year they finally show something off. 

BasilZero said:

And state of Decay 3, Perfect dark, Everwild, and so on....  games like Hellblade II already should have been released at this point and we should be wondering what the next games will be...  Last gen announced, maybe late this gen released....The norm is kind of sad...

BasilZero said:

Whatever the reason may be , I hope the third party support gets better from Japanese devs.

The reason is simple - games not sell well enough to justify the ports. Unfortunately not only Japanese games, but some smaller Western indie titles as well. It's a chicken and egg scenario - the audience is not here, but it won't come unless the games are here. Microsoft either need to open their thick wallet just to pay for the ports, which will guarantee the games coming, but not the audience I guess, or do something revolutionary with next-gen Xbox like Nintendo did with Switch in order to drastically expand Xbox user base.

Ryuu96 said:

This + Family Plan.

Feels like they just gave up on 2022 and decided to push everything to 23, Family Plan could have been big for Holiday/Christmas season.

So...Why I think they'll all be shoved into this event, or near this event.

Kick off the year big with games and services.

I think Ubisoft got wrapped in PS Plus, that's what happened. So, most likely it ain't coming to GamePass anytime soon.

derpysquirtle64 said:
BasilZero said:

Whatever the reason may be , I hope the third party support gets better from Japanese devs.

The reason is simple - games not sell well enough to justify the ports. Unfortunately not only Japanese games, but some smaller Western indie titles as well. It's a chicken and egg scenario - the audience is not here, but it won't come unless the games are here. Microsoft either need to open their thick wallet just to pay for the ports, which will guarantee the games coming, but not the audience I guess, or do something revolutionary with next-gen Xbox like Nintendo did with Switch in order to drastically expand Xbox user base.

First of all the Western indie issue is a vice versa one we have games releasing earlier on Xbox ( Nobody save the world as an example) from devs that were Ps only and games like Rogue Legacy 2 who were/are still not on PS while Rogue legacy was a big exclusive hit on PS3.

Instead of just getting ports also invest in them but MS is so slow,  they had so much time to invest and expand their studios and have plenty of Japanese projects/IP's but their actions show they barely care.