By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DroidKnight said:

addendum: Dragon's Dogma 2 is an absolute must purchase

FACTS!

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Sorcerer vocation looks to be the way to go for me

I will probably go with the melee+magic Spear class when I finally play it. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Hmm, best WRPGs I would recommend you play would be

Fallout: New Vegas 
Wasteland 3
Fable II
Dragon Age: Origins
The Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin 2 that will naturally lead you to Baldur's Gate 3
The Outer Worlds

There are several other games I had in mind, but they are older and not sure how playable they still are lol. Like Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for example.Overall, there isn't as much of a storied history of WRPGs compared to JRPGs, which is ironic considering RPGs originated in the West, but there are some fantastic titles with even more on the way!

I did do an overview of the BoF series and it honestly looks all over the place no wonder Capcom kind of abandoned it. Doesn't really seem like they knew what to do with the IP lol. Who knows though, Capcom is going through their golden age. Hopefully they do make a return to the series. I do see that the first 2 BoF games are on NSO, so I'll be sure to check them out

Thanks for the recommendations - I have most of the games you mentioned.

I'm planning to play several other WRPGs - got some on my plan to play list

-Diablo 1 (GOG)
-Fable Anniversary (Xbox)
-The Witcher 1 (Steam)
-Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced (Steam)
-Dragon's Age Origins (Steam)
-System Shock (Steam)
-Fallout 1 (Steam)

(Oh I guess Borderlands is considered a WRPG at least from what I looked up - I'm already playing that lol).

DroidKnight said:

Just bring over the Final Fantasy VIIs and I may end up skipping the PS5 generation(I was waiting for the Pro).  Nintendo Switch has been doing a better job for me in the JRPG department.  I don't care for the gameplay direction Final Fantasy XVI took.  

Yep, been playing a lot of jRPGs on Switch. Mainly because I play it at work (during lunch break).

Ryuu96 said:

I think FFXVI will be announced for Xbox in June.

Unsure about FFVII, I think Square would be up for it but a part of me wonders if Sony either extended the exclusivity for Part I or has some sort of "lifetime console exclusive to PlayStation until all parts are released" because Sony may think that if Part I is announced for Xbox then everyone will assume Part II/III is coming to Xbox eventually as well. Having said that, I seriously doubt there's a significant number of Xbox users who are going to buy a PS5 for FFVII so I think Sony would just be wasting their money.

Yeah I can see this happening which sucks @FFVII

But ya I can see FFXVI coming out.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Nah, FFXVI's gameplay is GOATED  

Lol jk, I have no nostalgia for the franchise personally as I didn't grow up with those games, but I liked how FFXVI left out all the traditional JRPGs campy and cheesiness, no mini-games, really dark tone, and had major DMC influence to combat. So for me, that seemed much more appealing, but I know I'm most likely in the minority. 

I have nostalgia for the series - my first game in the series was Final Fantasy IV on SNES back in 1991 when I rented it and had no idea what the hell I was doing lol.

But ya, I heard from a lot of people who are also fans hated the changes, as for me , I'm okay with the changes. I can play FF in any genre and theme.

The lack of mini games is so good, hate playing mini games in RPGs. I'm fine with the dark tone, been wanting that for a long time though technically FFXV is also a dark tone (would have been darker if they kept the original plot of VS XIII). 

The DMC influence is great because I'm a huge fan of the DMC series.

I have the game but havent played it yet. (Its ironically my only physical PS5 game).

I guess I'm in the minority too because I kinda wanted a GoT style FF for years.

G2ThaUNiT said:

I predict this will be the year we find out what the hell Zenimax Online Studios have been working on for the past 6 years! lol we just know it's a new IP.

From Wiki:

"In December 2020, ZeniMax Online Studios formed a satellite office in San Diego to work on an original intellectual property.[14] Ben Jones, Creative Director at ZeniMax Online Studios stated in October 2022 that the company was developing the new IP for four and a half years with a team of about 200 people.[15] ZeniMax Media was acquired by Microsoft for US$7.5 billion in March 2021 and became part of Xbox Game Studios."

Based on the above, we know it's a new IP and that it was started before MS bought them out.

I'm not sure of the looseness of "new ip", does it mean a brand new gaming world/characters, or a brand new style of gamr set in an existing world (like Mario Kart was to other Mario games)?

AC Red sounds dope af. First new version of the Anvil engine since Origins including Ray traced global illumination and detailed world geometry; parkour system, animations, etc. are all new alongside the upgraded engine; combat like Valhalla but bloodier with decapitation and probably limb dismemberment too; stealth making a big comeback (torches can be extinguished to hide in the dark which presumably means lighting level effects enemy detection ranges and speed, you can hide in tall grass or bushes, you can go prone for the first time in the series); Valhalla settlement system is back and improved, fully customizable hideout where you can place buildings and other hideout pieces, change roof styles and building interior layouts, display armor and weapons, etc.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 02 March 2024

Around the Network

Someone go do a welfare check on Timdog, guy is fucking unhinged on Xeeter right now 😂 .. holy shit

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Someone go do a welfare check on Timdog, guy is fucking unhinged on Xeeter right now 😂 .. holy shit

Recently I've blocked a few Xbox fans on Twitter for the first time ever because they're so fucking annoying, so insecure, Lol. There's one dude who was spamming every single Xbox news crying about titles coming to PS5 later and then there's the dumb fucks who say shit like "I'm no longer excited about anything to do with Xbox because they're porting some games to other platforms" which shows to me that they never gave a damn about the games themselves, only the ability to say "haha, I have something that you don't have" Anyone who is suddenly not excited by a game because it may come to PS5 later need to go outside, touch some grass and breath some fresh air, Lol.

As for TimDog. He has always been a tool, I've never followed him and he was always a massive console warrior, Xbox have themselves to blame partly by interacting with him so much and making him think he was Aaron's best friend, Lmao. This relationship that Xbox created with some of their worst console warrior fanboys has came back to bite them in the ass, I see now the reason why Nintendo/Sony don't interact this much with their fans, there's reasonable disagreement but then there's these fanboys who are acting like Xbox has personally divorced them for no reason and are taking the children, the house, the car, everything, Lmao.

Newest grabs.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Newest grabs.

How much you got BD2 for?

March gonna be a good month of gaming. Finally started to get around to finishing the Back To The Future DLC for Powerwash Simulator only to find out they’ve also released another DLC 🥲. Should be done with BG3s 1000G tomorrow then finally start to finish Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning. Add in the XS versions of Cocoon and Jusant and end the month with greatness itself with Dragons Dogma 2 :)

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition