By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Bad lighting choice on that 2nd pic, here is a somewhat better one:

He has definitely aged alot in just 4 years though, just not 15 years in 4 years like it appears in the tweet.

This man overworks himself like crazy. Since 2002, he has appeared in the credits of at least 2 games per year, sometimes as many 9 games (in 2014 he was credited on 9 games). Just since that 2020 picture was taken he has appeared on the credits of 11 games, including FF7 Remake and FF7 Rebirth, major roles on most of them (roles like director, creative director, writer, character artist, concept designer, and creative producer). He is also currently the director, concept designer, writer, and character designer of 2 upcoming games, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link and Kingdom Hearts 4. So yeah, I can't say I'm surprised that he has aged so much in just 4 years.

What a King.

Around the Network

Those images are before and after Phil’s 15th visit and him telling Phil for the thousandths time “no FF7 for you”

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Guy is almost 54, I think it's ok not to look like 40 then.

Japan's work-life balance is absolutely awful as well, Lol.

Around the Network

Indies suffering too.

The fact we need GTA6 to save the industry is a disaster. There ain’t gonna be a 10th gen at this rate.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

All the events of the past year have just made me even more convinced that Microsoft is better positioning themselves for the future, I think in fact that maybe even for once Microsoft isn't moving too early, their console market is already tiny. Everything Microsoft has been saying for the past few years is coming to pass and I don't think it's a matter of budget restrictions why most of their AAAs aren't massive budgets as well. There's two problems here, the lack of growth for console hardware and the exploding budgets in AAA.

There's going to be anger from single console only users, but the old ways are failing, they're not showing growth and growth is required for investors to invest. Things are bad right now, the models are outdated and they need changing, it's going to come down to change or die, things aren't going to miraculously improve for consoles in the future, if anything, they'll decline even further as newer generations care less and less about consoles and are more about mobile/ease of access, consoles will be seen as outdated by kids playing Fortnite or whatever on their mobile devices.

I'm betting in the next 5-10 years that Sony goes fully day one on PC as well, I don't get why they haven't already, I don't agree that there's a significant amount of PC users with PCs capable of playing Sony's big AAA blockbusters, having already spent about $1k on them, who will buy a PS5 because they can't wait for a Sony title to come to PC. The dam has been broken, PC users already know now that it isn't a matter of if a Sony title comes to PC, it's a matter of when and they've shown themselves more than capable of waiting. We're talking about a userbase who largely can't even be bothered to spend 5 minutes to download another launcher and happily wait for EGS exclusivity to expire, Lol.

Now Sony might not put stuff on Xbox consoles because Xbox consoles will be too small of a number but if roles were reversed I think they'd eventually do exactly what Microsoft is doing. If even Sony as the market leader of the high-end console market is struggling, showing stagnate growth, weak profit margins, exploding production costs and resulting in them having to change business approach, can sure as shit bet that the console with half the sales has to make even more drastic steps.

A lot of people don't like change but change is coming, adapt or die.

VersusEvil said:

The fact we need GTA6 to save the industry is a disaster. There ain’t gonna be a 10th gen at this rate.

They'll be a Gen 10 but I think consoles will have to find a new selling point other than "look at the games we have which you don't"

I've mentioned this before anecdotally but Mat seems to back it up, Lol. Most of my nieces/nephews don't give a shit about consoles, they simply play their games on their mobile or laptop, I've been feeling lately like console users are becoming almost like boomers, Lol. They don't realise how capable the younger generation is today at playing their games on mobile, how capable mobile phones are. The newer generations want ease of access, they want to be able to play their games wherever they want, whenever they want, on whatever they want. People nowadays are conditioned to expecting their content to be able to be accessed wherever they want.

And Mobiles will only become more powerful, Mobile Gaming and PC Gaming will continue to increase as Consoles continue to stagnate or (likely, Imo) decrease. Microsoft's change has to be more drastic though simply because their consoles are way behind and despite what people think, that won't be something that will significantly improve in a stagnate market with digital libraries already locked in, Microsoft needs to figure a way to make consoles attractive to the userbase which are already locked in while protecting the health of their IPs by yes, going more into multiplatform and taking advantage of the large userbase of Switch/PS.

They also need to breakthrough into Mobile (so does Sony) which is hard on its own.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 February 2024