By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
aTokenYeti said:
Goatseye said:

I hope Xbox stops collaborating with IGN.

I’ve been out of the loop for a few days, what happened? 

They ran an article saying that Xbox finally has first party games releasing in 2024, completely disregarding the fact that Xbox released several in the previous 3 years:

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • HiFi Rush
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Minecraft Legends

• Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • As Dusk Falls

• Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Psychonauts 2

They ended up getting a community note on Twitter/X over it.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 January 2024

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
aTokenYeti said:

They ran an article saying that Xbox finally has first party exclusives releasing in 2024, completely disregarding the fact that Xbox released several in the previous 3 years:

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • HiFi Rush
  • Forza Motorsport

• Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • As Dusk Falls

• Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4

Worse than that, they didn't even mention the word exclusives, just 1st party, Lmao.

This is such an impressive modder project, even moreso when you consider the core dev team started with only 50 people (200 people contributed to development to some degree) and dev time just 3 years as revealed in the video. Releasing in April.

shikamaru317 said:
aTokenYeti said:

They ran an article saying that Xbox finally has first party games releasing in 2024, completely disregarding the fact that Xbox released several in the previous 3 years:

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • HiFi Rush
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Minecraft Legends

• Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • As Dusk Falls

• Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Psychonauts 2

I wonder if it's just badly worded.  It's hard to see how anyone can say Xbox didn't have more first party exclusives than Sony last year, but I do think depending on the type of games an individual gamer likes to play The Playstation 5 for the entire generation has the better exclusive games. (Astro's Playroom, Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Returnal, Kena, Ratchet, Horizon, God of War, Spiderman 2, Sackboy, Last of Us Part 1 (which really need to be made but is a fantastic game all the same), third party games like Final Fantasy games.   While a few Xbox games that would have normally been exclusive were released on Sony due to already made agreements such as Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo.  This could be the year where Xbox not only beats Sony in first party output like it did last year, but could surpass them for this generation on quality exclusive games for the first time since the 360.

rapsuperstar31 said:
shikamaru317 said:

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • HiFi Rush
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Minecraft Legends

• Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • As Dusk Falls

• Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Psychonauts 2

I wonder if it's just badly worded.  It's hard to see how anyone can say Xbox didn't have more first party exclusives than Sony last year, but I do think depending on the type of games an individual gamer likes to play The Playstation 5 for the entire generation has the better exclusive games. (Astro's Playroom, Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Returnal, Kena, Ratchet, Horizon, God of War, Spiderman 2, Sackboy, Last of Us Part 1 (which really need to be made but is a fantastic game all the same), third party games like Final Fantasy games.   While a few Xbox games that would have normally been exclusive were released on Sony due to already made agreements such as Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo.  This could be the year where Xbox not only beats Sony in first party output like it did last year, but could surpass them for this generation on quality exclusive games for the first time since the 360.

I do agree with the ps5 still having the better overall exclusives for the generation so far. 2022 was such a down year for Xbox, it gave ps5 a big edge. This year could even things out though depending how it plays out. Xbox is looking really good this year. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
aTokenYeti said:

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • HiFi Rush
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Minecraft Legends

• Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • As Dusk Falls

• Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Psychonauts 2

Disappointed but not surprised. I was not personally a fan of Starfield but a number of people were. 

I think IGN is biased heavily towards certain types of games (ultra high production value cinematic third person action adventure) and that’s just not something Xbox has produced a ton of before this year. I don’t think it is a malicious bias, but it is unprofessional of IGN to say the least 

Artwork probably means nothing because these two are definitely different ages and/or people, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 January 2024

BasilZero said:

Of course rumors of a Gears collection comes around by the time I am about to start playing b/c versions of Gears 2, 3 and Judgment.

Playing Gears of War 2 right now and it looks very good on Series X. FPS and Resolution boost. Does not really need a remaster.

These InSiDErs .. keep saying somethings coming long enough and it’ll eventually appear. How many years have these frauds been saying a GOW collection is coming? Smh

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Kind of surprised this is coming sooner than Jedi Survivor since Jedi released a month before it, usually EA games are added to gamepass in order of their release date, about 7-9 months after release. Hopefully Jedi Survivor is February at least, I'm looking forward to playing it.