By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Undead Labs hired a Director of Transmedia.

What’s that? Lol

Transmedia is about "the game" across other artistic mediums.  An recent example of this would be Alan Wake 2's real-life segments when it gets really meta.

Around the Network

Valhalla Journal Day 12: 25% overall completion reached. Didn’t really do much today, went 8-0 in orlog, did my first 3 (gold) mastery challenges finding out stealth sucks and reached level 280. Ravensthorpe is now level 5/6. Next up Oxenefordscire.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Holy crap, Alan Wake 2's We Sing sequence is so damn good. They managed to combine the epicness of Alan Wake 1's Children of the Elder God sequence and Control's Ashtray Maze sequence with the weirdness of Control's Jesse Is Dynamite music video. I didn't think they could 1-up themselves once again, but they did.

Remedy are truly the kings of gaming when it comes to creating highly memorable sequences with good gameplay and epic music at once. They are kings of game music in general, none of their Old Gods of Asgard songs have missed yet, they are all amazing, from American Nightmare's "Balance Slays the Demon" to Control's "Take Control" to these new songs in AW2. 

Xbox truly goofed when they let Remedy go not once, but twice. Such an amazingly creative dev team.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 November 2023

I would possibly play WoW on console, but alot depends on pricing. I think Xbox really needs to look into copying FF14 by allowing people to play Vanilla WoW and older expansion content up to a fairly high level for free, with only like the two most recent expansions requiring the $15 a month sub to play. At the very least they should offer a FF14 like trial tier as a Gamepass perk, $15 a month is alot to spend on any single game, it's like a whole Gamepass Ultimate sub just about for a single game.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 November 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Undead Labs hired a Director of Transmedia.

What’s that? Lol

Basically means multiple forms of storytelling for an IP, so stuff like books, comics, tv shows, films, etc.

As an example, 343 had a Head of Transmedia who was responsible for all the books, comics, shows, etc.

The Last of Us would be transmedia because it has a TV Show alongside the game.

Around the Network
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 November 2023

I suddenly don't want Mike Ybarra as president of Blizzard "WHAT ABOUT STARCRAFT?!" *Ybarra ignores him* pain........

Brian's really going all out for this game!

Significant updates to units AI??? Hell yeah! That's always a huge complaint in RTS games is how stupid AI units can be when traversing the map. Getting to a location in the worst way possible or accidentally getting split up because of a hill or something.