By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

I'm all for Microsoft using K-pop as much as possible so I can keep tagging Noble.

Anyway the conspiracy theories about MS killing their marketing during ABK process on purpose were obviously correct at this point.

MAN, I don't even listen to K-pop so why are you tagging me?

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm all for Microsoft using K-pop as much as possible so I can keep tagging Noble.

Anyway the conspiracy theories about MS killing their marketing during ABK process on purpose were obviously correct at this point.

You're a Koreaboo and Weeabo.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 November 2023

Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

You're a Koreaboo and Weeabo.

Alright, I'm out. 

Noble's useless, someone call the other BTS stans to get us to 20k.

He also did the opening segment song for the 2022 WC in Qatar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwzkfMmNMpM&t=1s

We need More Twice/Lisa xbox collaborations

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
Ryuu96 said:

Here he is with the President of the United States.

I don't think that is the president.

You're right.

It's clearly ex-president Obama in that picture.

The dust is finally starting to settle from Microsoft’s huge acquisition of Activision Blizzard, but even Blizzard president Mike Ybarra still isn’t exactly sure how things will change for the company. “I literally haven’t sat down with [Microsoft Gaming CEO] Phil [Spencer] and said, ‘So what does all this mean?’” Ybarra tells The Verge in an interview.

“I think the way [Spencer] approaches building teams and focusing on culture and enabling creative freedom is going to give Blizzard a lot more of that sense of being an independent studio than ever before,” Ybarra says. “That’s what I really mean when I talk about a new era of possibilities, of empowerment, of serving players even better than we ever have.” (It probably also helps that Ybarra worked for Spencer for eight years before joining Blizzard.)

Right now, things are “pretty much business as usual,” Ybarra says. Spencer and his team visited Blizzard recently, but “it was more about just meeting people,” Ybarra says. “They didn’t want to talk about business.” It seems like that means any Microsoft-driven changes might be a little ways out; Spencer has already said not to expect any Activision Blizzard games on Xbox Game Pass until 2024, for example.

Ybarra is confident that Blizzard can handle everything it’s working on. In Friday’s keynote, there was “nothing that we felt we had to show and [then] we’ll see in 10 years when it comes out,” he says. “This is all stuff happening now.” And Ybarra knows that players have high expectations. “Players have no patience,” he says. “They want new stuff every day, every hour. We’re trying to react that way while holding the Blizzard quality bar high.”

He says the team wrestles with the idea of releasing a standalone game without live components. “We want to serve players with more content in our universes. At the same time, we want to make sure we’re responsible and meet their expectations. I think we’re still fine-tuning a lot of those things as we go forward. But it’s something top of mind for me as we go forward.”

I pushed him on that — it feels like it would be a big deal if Blizzard released a game that wasn’t a live service. “We’re not afraid to create new IPs,” he says. “We’re not afraid to turn models upside down.” He says he looks for teams that come with an idea — “that can be someone that has an idea for a four-hour experience or a 400-hour experience” — and for Blizzard, “I’m open to all of those ideas.”

That gave me the perfect opportunity to ask about the untitled survival game Blizzard announced in January 2022, but Ybarra didn’t say much. “When that game is ready to showcase itself, that team will come to me and say we’re ready.” (He did acknowledge that the recruiting website Blizzard launched for the game “got more attention than we thought it would” which, he says, in hindsight, the company should have expected.)

Ybarra didn’t have anything to share about if or when the majority of Blizzard’s games would return to China after they were shut down in the country in January. “There are millions of players in China who love Blizzard games and all of us at Blizzard want to make sure they can play our games,” Ybarra says. “We’re a worldwide company. I want us in every single country around the globe and China included. So as we go forward, we’ll evaluate that and see what happens.”

And if you were hoping for news about StarCraft, unfortunately, Ybarra didn’t have anything to share about that series — despite Spencer name-dropping it onstage during Friday’s keynote. “StarCraft is something that we love,” Ybarra says. “We hear the feedback from players about it. But we’re not talking about anything just yet.”

Blizzard’s President On The Studio’s ‘New Era’ Under Xbox - The Verge

Blizzard Fans React to the Big Microsoft Acquisition | BlizzCon 2023 - YouTube

That one dude thinking Phil is a billionaire 💀

Dude probably isn't even a $100millionaire.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 November 2023

Who the tf are BTS? They a Halo team or something?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition