By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

BG3 could come to GP and I’d still buy its biggest edition. They deserve that from the masterwork that is DOS2.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Ryuu96 said:

I did see recently someone say on ResetEra that the Larian CEO liked some tweets which were seemingly against subscription services such as Game Pass so that may mean BG3 won't come to Game Pass but we'll see, money talks, it's just worth bearing in mind if anyone is expecting it on Game Pass. I do expect it to make an appearance today though.

Were any of the Divinity games on Game Pass.

I doubt it as I bought both. Never expected BG3 to be on Game Pass in the future.

No, I don't believe Larian has ever had a game on GP, so there's not really any particular reason to suspect that BG3 would be the first. Especially when it's their most highly acclaimed title to date, with the most visibility. I'm sure they'll be looking to maximize sales.

Would have been a nice gesture on Xbox's part to put it on Gamepass to make it up their fans for causing the delay with their poor splitscreen parity requirement, but I never really excepted it to happen. BG3, as popular as it is, is a game that will sell well, Xbox would have had to spend alot to get it on Gamepass. There's a good chance it would have been the most expensive 3rd party Gamepass deal of any 3rd party game Xbox has put on Gamepass all year, certainly top 5. We've been seeing Xbox spending less and less on 3rd party content for Gamepass, and now that they have closed XBK and will have their games on Gamepass soon, I think we will see even fewer big day one 3rd party Gamepass deals than before.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 25 October 2023

I really like the Starfield console wrap, it looks nice and well made, I've kept the box because I'm looking forward to them doing more in the future and me being able to easily store one wrap away and just slot another one on in seconds depending what look I want to go with, Lol. Honestly I like this more than buying a whole new console, I wish they'd release a Halo Infinite one cause I missed that console.

If a Sea of Thieves wrap isn't being made right now then they crazy, Sea of Thieves still has one of the best controllers ever.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 October 2023

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Ryuu96 said:

I did see recently someone say on ResetEra that the Larian CEO liked some tweets which were seemingly against subscription services such as Game Pass so that may mean BG3 won't come to Game Pass but we'll see, money talks, it's just worth bearing in mind if anyone is expecting it on Game Pass. I do expect it to make an appearance today though.

I doubt it as I bought both. Never expected BG3 to be on Game Pass in the future.

Nah but it would have been a nice gesture especially from Phil Spencer who called Larion studios and BG3 basically a Second Tier AA RPG and offered less than 10 million $ to get it on gamepass.

konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

Nah but it would have been a nice gesture especially from Phil Spencer who called Larion studios and BG3 basically a Second Tier AA RPG and offered less than 10 million $ to get it on gamepass.

Except they never said this.

Nor did they make any offer to Larian.

JFC I posted all this shit in here over the months, actually read it instead of Twitter warriors, Lol.

konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

So is it that you're completely uninformed, or just being willfully ignorant in order to say what you wanna say? Just curious.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Except they never said this.

Nor did they make any offer to Larian.

JFC I posted all this shit in here over the months, actually read it instead of Twitter warriors, Lol.

Literally their:   A Second run Game what would you define as a Second Run game?   And it was 5 million even less than I said..

Yeah, to our knowledge Xbox never actually made that lowball offer to Larian, that document that came out from the ABK court case with estimated amounts of money to get Games that Xbox wanted to see on Gamepass, onto Gamepass, was just that, estimates. We have no clue if Xbox actually offered that lowball amount, or if they increased their offer before making it to Larian, or if they even made a day one Gamepass offer to Larian at all.

Considering the document was years old, before anyone, even Larian themselves, had the slightest inkling of how popular BG3 would become on launch, it's a safe bet that Xbox would have offered alot more in 2023 to get it onto Gamepass. Like I said above, it would certainly be one of the top 5 most expensive 3rd party Gamepass deals in 2023, possibly even the most expensive (only the GTA 5 deal from earlier this year stands a chance of being more expensive imo).

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 25 October 2023