By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

So FF7R2 is only Sony exclusive for 3 months this time, get the feeling that Square used some clause to shorten the original deal, because it's hard to believe that Sony would only settle for 3 months when FF7R1 has been Sony console exclusive for 3 years, and FF16 is Sony console exclusive for 1 year, no way Sony would have only went for a 3 month deal I think.

These exclusivity deals are costing Square big time, today we learned that FF7R1 is at 7m after 3+ years. FF15, which was multiplat, hit 7m in 15 months by comparison. FF7R1's legs have been quite poor, the game was at 5m 3 months after release, which means it has only sold 2m copies in the 3 years since they gave us the 5m figure in August 2020, and that 2m sales in 3 years includes a late PS5 port with DLC included, FF7R Intergrade, and the late PC port (which was a technical mess on release and was foolishly full price despite being a year and a half late port, both of which clearpy kneecapped it's sales). Square needs to get over these timed exclusivity deals and release FF full multiplat day one moving foward, and it seems like that is exactly what they are planning to do after this final 3 month deal with Sony (which was likely made years ago as a 1 year deal and then shortened more recently by Square).

7 million shipped is really bad for a game of that stature, Square Enix literally shooting themselves in the foot with those exclusivity deals. No wonder they lost 2 Billion in market Value.

Around the Network

on NG+3/10 in Starfield :3 … the fact you can talk your way out of the final fight is great for these NG+ speed runs. If it’s your first time do NOT talk your way out of it, the fight is amazing.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

on NG+3/10 in Starfield :3 … the fact you can talk your way out of the final fight is great for these NG+ speed runs. If it’s your first time do NOT talk your way out of it, the fight is amazing.

3/10?

Angelus said:
VersusEvil said:

3/10?

I’m going for NG+10.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Confirmed

1. Ara: History Untold (Oxide Games)
2. Towerborne (Stoic Studio)
3. Contraband (Avalanche Studios)
4. Untitled (Kojima Productions)
5. Untitled (People Can Fly)
6. Flight Simulator 2024 (Asobo)

Rumoured

7. Project Shaolin (Brass Lion)
8. Project Suerte (Certain Affinity)
9. Project Dragon (IO Interactive)

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Jez was wrong about Certain Affinity and IO Interactive. I find it a bit unlikely that Certain Affinity is working on Halo Tatanka (which has expanded from just a Battle Royale), Halo Infinite support, an original AAA IP and a Monster Hunter-like AAA IP. Project Dragon is 50/50 because I see no reason why Microsoft wouldn't have attached their name to it when IO announced the hiring for it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 September 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Hope Microsoft doesn't have any Unity projects upcoming.

I'm surprised haven't seen a big new player like Microsoft enter the game engine market with one of their own engines they have plenty now so and they could offer increased revenue shares for Xbox day one releases and considering how many people were working on Slipspace engine for what is going to be a game a decade it would be great to see it full maintained and upgraded by a dedicated team outside of 343 and see what other studios could create with it.

Ryuu96 said:

Nice to get a confirmation in some capacity. Game Pass was over 30 million before Starfield released and the rebranding to Game Pass Core. By the end of the year, they may be at 40+ million.