By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34
G2ThaUNiT said:
coolbeans said:

What's most annoying about SoT as a longtime fan is simply how close Rare was to getting broader accolades closer to release.  You can jest about "Xbox tax" and whatnot, but the content complaints were totally valid back then.  If they'd held off releasing until the Cursed Sails update the discussion wouldn't have been as harsh.

I absolutely agree. I bought SoT at launch and after 30 minutes, I was like, pretty water......*turned game off* there really wasn't much to the game lol.

That's the thing: I totally understand that sentiment during its early life even if I don't technically agree with it.  Even when the fresh content was slim, there'd always been something about its design that seemed brilliant to me.  Expanding The Division's PvPvE Dark Zone to an ocean with a cutesy art style could be absolutely fun with friends, especially for the mischief you could cause.

But, again, just hold off until Cursed Sails and that design philosophy would've been more organically appreciated.

Around the Network

Old Update

Now the Crash limit is 140/150 km

As some of you may already know, if you remove the map boundaries the game will not crash after crossing the tile limit, this thanks to a past update from bethesda;

So i experienced a little bit and tried to fly across the planet, Montara's Moon, this is what i found:

as shown the max distance i reached was about 145 km, than the game crashed

New Update

Update on Map boundaries

Now the the new beta is out and they've confirmed land vehicles, i tried to check if there where any improvements.

this time i did not crash at 150 km, i did not crush at all, just got bored after 190 km tbh, so my guess is there is not a hard limit on how far can you go, but can still crash time to time

a couple of other thing

this time the world and physics were less glitchy and vegetation and flora still visible and scannable after 30/40km

also the map was updating as i went forward, without any glitch or problem.

so who knows maybe the map bounds will be changed with the new vehicle.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Seeing as you lot love Jez (for whatever fucking reason) your messiah has spoken;

More people in this thread dislike Jez than like him, Lol.

And he already confirmed this is "informed speculation" in a random tweet reply.

Nobody knows what Xbox's full plans are right now and I wish we would stop crystal balling a future years away, Jez often goes on these drunken rambles and has flip flopped multiple times on this issue, he has no consistency. First he started off dooming on Twitter, rocking back and forth in the corner like like a man who had just pissed and shit himself then a week later he was all like "Lul. You're all overreacting, Xbox's multiplatform strategy ain't that bad" which was some nerve after the way he reacted the week before without the full information.

Only a few weeks ago he was saying there's no plans to port *insert exclusive* to PlayStation. This is partly the reason people start to dislike Jez, he has no level of self control and often spirals on Twitter, Xbox fans take every word he says as gospel and he doesn't make explicitly clear what is a strong leak and what is speculation, he knows people take his word as gospel, he knows he has a certain credibility as a journalist tuned into Xbox, he knows because he has straight up said he knows before but he doesn't care about his reputation.

I would love a Xbox device which could sideload Steam but Jez is being Jez again so I'm ignoring this.

I agree, some of what he's saying make sense but other don't and IMO he does make bad cause to effect assumption.

- All Xbox first-Party games coming to PlayStation, even Forza, Halo...

This is not logical, if MS reached a point where they decided as such then there would be no point in holding such announcement. In fact right now would be the best time for both franchise. It is more likely that MS will slowly increase collaboration with Sony in the future but expect reciprocity especially when it comes to such franchises.

-Xbox will be more Steam-like in the future
-Affordable prices, sales, more open for devs

I wish but I think MS will continue to push for GamePass going forward and adopting Steam pricing strategy may actually conflict with this. More open to devs would need to be better explained, ID@Xbox already seems to be well like by the industry in general.

-Xbox hardware will be niche like Steam Deck

Fully agree here, this is the only way to go IMO. Game budget and development time have risen so much while consumer population stagnated to a point where sales of software cannot sustain subsidising hardware cost for consumer while insuring growth for shareholder. I expect next gen to be priced with a break even/slight profitability in mind.

-Next Xbox will side-load steam.

I don't think MS will single out Steam, either the OS will be Windows with Xbox theme and so be open to unlicensed software or it will still be Xbox OS and a steam store on it would be force to sell Xbox licensed version of titles. The latter make no sense to me at the moment. 

-I don't think they expect to ever grow in harware

For anything foreseeable I agree, although I think they still expect to reach/increase profitability of the hardware division.

-Nobody wanted to give Xbox a chance, so this is what they get a Sony monopoly.

Monopoly on what? Increasingly Lower margin subsidised hardware that'll make their shareholder cringe every time they see MS ones getting better ROI when funding projects despite apparent lower hardware number?

if MS rise the price of there hardware to a niche level then Sony will follow suit just be cause then they will be able to do so improving there ROI without loosing marketshare. So there won't be Monopoly.

And even if you define the market with Sony as a Monopoly as hardware manufacturer with software exclusivity strategy.

A) Nintendo still say Hi

b) Sony is also currently disassociating with this strategy

So even by this definition there won't be a Monopoly.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 02 May 2024

VersusEvil said:

Seeing as you lot love Jez (for whatever fucking reason) your messiah has spoken;

Jez has also been saying "it's his opinion". 

Hard to say if this stuff actually means anything or if he's just getting panicky about an uncertain future. 

I'm taking a "anything can happen, but I'll need to see it before I actually believe it" stance. 

the-pi-guy said:
VersusEvil said:

Jez has also been saying "it's his opinion". 

Hard to say if this stuff actually means anything or if he's just getting panicky about an uncertain future.

I'm taking a "anything can happen, but I'll need to see it before I actually believe it" stance. 

It's Jez so the latter.

He just replied about an hour ago saying it's just his opinion and he has no clue about Microsoft's full plans.

The thing which is annoying is he often does this and as a well known journalist who does have insider contacts, whenever he posts something, Xbox fans (and PS) take his words as gospel because they make the assumption that he must be saying this stuff because he knows and Jez regularly doesn't make clear from the start whether what he is saying is an opinion or based on stuff he has heard and he knows this is how people react because he mentioned it on Xbox Two before but he doesn't care.

Only a week ago or so he was saying "no plans to port this" and now he's all "EVERYTHING WILL GO TO PS" Lol.

I wish Rand and Jez just swapped places, Lol. Rand is so much more sensible and calm.

Around the Network

And look, it leads to situations like this.

FFS Jez. It's like the 50,000th time it has happened, actually recognise that your words have substance to them and will get picked up on by both gamers and journalists because you are a "reputable" journalist in the industry with known connections to Xbox so you have to be careful with how you frame things or what you say, I.E. you have to start being more clear.

This also goes for all journalists, insiders and fans jumping to conclusions based on everything posted on Twitter Tbf.

But Jez especially should know this by now considering it has happened multiple times.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

And he already confirmed this is "informed speculation" in a random tweet reply.

Nobody knows what Xbox's full plans are right now and I wish we would stop crystal balling a future years away, Jez often goes on these drunken rambles and has flip flopped multiple times on this issue, he has no consistency. First he started off dooming on Twitter, rocking back and forth in the corner like like a man who had just pissed and shit himself then a week later he was all like "Lul. You're all overreacting, Xbox's multiplatform strategy ain't that bad" which was some nerve after the way he reacted the week before without the full information.

Only a few weeks ago he was saying there's no plans to port *insert exclusive* to PlayStation. This is partly the reason people start to dislike Jez, he has no level of self control and often spirals on Twitter, Xbox fans take every word he says as gospel and he doesn't make explicitly clear what is a strong leak and what is speculation, he knows people take his word as gospel, he knows he has a certain credibility as a journalist tuned into Xbox, he knows because he has straight up said he knows before but he doesn't care about his reputation.

I would love a Xbox device which could sideload Steam but Jez is being Jez again so I'm ignoring this.

I do think MS is going full multiplat but I do agree with you about Jez. He's all over the place with what he says. I think the issue is his own sources are being left in the dark to some degree. This was further confirmed to me when I read the hoops that rare jumped through in order to keep the Sea of thieves port a secret. 

As far as their hardware I have no idea what Xbox will do. At this point anything is possible.

method114 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I do think MS is going full multiplat but I do agree with you about Jez. He's all over the place with what he says. I think the issue is his own sources are being left in the dark to some degree. This was further confirmed to me when I read the hoops that rare jumped through in order to keep the Sea of thieves port a secret. 

As far as their hardware I have no idea what Xbox will do. At this point anything is possible.

I believe that more multiplatform stuff will be coming but yeah, Jez is doing my head in lately, especially when he lost his mind at the original rumours then accused others of overreacting, it was a bit of a "Wtf are you serious?" moment, Lmao. I do believe like you said as well, I think this stuff is all over the place and nobody really knows what the full plans are except from Phil and people in his circle.

But that's my opinion and if I was in Jez's position I wouldn't be responding to people on Twitter like "Everything is coming! Full multiplatform!" because I'd recognise the position I am in and that my words have influence and meaning because people treat me as credible so I would have to be more careful about how I word things, Jez does not care about that stuff though and it results in many situations like this one.

Frustrating because he is one of the better Xbox insiders in terms of what he knows.

Ryuu96 said:
method114 said:

I believe that more multiplatform stuff will be coming but yeah, Jez is doing my head in lately, especially when he lost his mind at the original rumours then accused others of overreacting, it was a bit of a "Wtf are you serious?" moment, Lmao. I do believe like you said as well, I think this stuff is all over the place and nobody really knows what the full plans are except from Phil and people in his circle.

But that's my opinion and if I was in Jez's position I wouldn't be responding to people on Twitter like "Everything is coming! Full multiplatform!" because I'd recognise the position I am in and that my words have influence and meaning because people treat me as credible so I would have to be more careful about how I word things, Jez does not care about that stuff though and it results in many situations like this one.

Frustrating because he is one of the better Xbox insiders in terms of what he knows.

Yea there were a few people who flipped out like Jez and then came back around. Very weird to behave like that over a console. I think it shows how much he identifies with the brand on a personal level more so than "I just prefer this ecosystem" which I've heard him try to say before. I think the whole situation bothers him more than he's letting on and like you said he probably getting drunk and letting this sort of stuff fly out his mouth like a scorned lover.

Jez is over sensationalist. 

And he's still doing it. 

One would think he'd be more careful about qualifying his statements/being more careful after the first round of "Xbox going multiplatform".