By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 3 23.08%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 10 76.92%

Total:13

That is an interesting poll question. On the one hand, the Vaults are unquestionably safer, you have non-irradiated food and water so no gradual radiation poisoning or mutation, alot lower chance of being murdered (though some vaults did descend into chaos and rebellion with people being killed inside). You also have considerably more comfort and luxury, ability to shower daily, a tv and a radio and a pip-boy you can play basic video games on, etc. On the other hand though, most of the vaults were designed as science experiments, some of them quite awful. There is also a pretty large lacking of freedom with your job being decided for you by your GOAT test results and strict marriage rules to preserve genetic integrity.

As for the wasteland, you have alot more freedom, but you have very obvious risks, most food and water is irradiated, mutated wasteland creatures everywhere (some of them like Deathclaws very dangerous), raiders, cannibals. Showers/baths seem fairly uncommon because purified water is too rare to waste on bathing, and nobody wants to regularly bathe in irradiated water sources, so most people are grungy and likely smell pretty bad, so sex is going to be pretty awful.

So I guess ultimately the choice boils down to which you favor more, freedom or safety/easy living. I think ultimately most will pick safety and easy living over freedom, we see this even in the real world, and the Fallout example is skewed even more heavily in favor of safety/comfort over freedom than in most real world examples. That explains why Vault life is winning in the poll by quite a large margin.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 April 2024

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Oh damn! 343 is adding The Exchange from MCC. You unlock "currency" from completing challenges that allows you to "buy" cosmetics with the currency you earn from completing those challenges called Spartan Points.

So you'll now be able to buy cosmetics without real world money. The Exchange switches out every week though. 

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

Do people want to live in a vault because they want to have fun with their cousin?

Happy to see Golden week deals but have most of them only got DOA 5 Last Round.

Vault 51!

Social experiment in which a ZAX AI was tasked with selecting an ideal overseer from Vault population

VersusEvil said:

A new poll? … it’s been 84yrs.

Vault 94!

Social experiment testing the viability of pacifist belief systems in post-apocalyptic conditions; all inhabitants were members of a nonviolent religious community save a single Vault-Tec employee

shikamaru317 said:

That is an interesting poll question. On the one hand, the Vaults are unquestionably safer, you have non-irradiated food and water so no gradual radiation poisoning or mutation, alot lower chance of being murdered (though some vaults did descend into chaos and rebellion with people being killed inside). You also have considerably more comfort and luxury, ability to shower daily, a tv and a radio and a pip-boy you can play basic video games on, etc. On the other hand though, most of the vaults were designed as science experiments, some of them quite awful. There is also a pretty large lacking of freedom with your job being decided for you by your GOAT test results and strict marriage rules to preserve genetic integrity.

As for the wasteland, you have alot more freedom, but you have very obvious risks, most food and water is irradiated, mutated wasteland creatures everywhere (some of them like Deathclaws very dangerous), raiders, cannibals. Showers/baths seem fairly uncommon because purified water is too rare to waste on bathing, and nobody wants to regularly bathe in irradiated water sources, so most people are grungy and likely smell pretty bad, so sex is going to be pretty awful.

So I guess ultimately the choice boils down to which you favor more, freedom or safety/easy living. I think ultimately most will pick safety and easy living over freedom, we see this even in the real world, and the Fallout example is skewed even more heavily in favor of safety/comfort over freedom than in most real world examples. That explains why Vault life is winning in the poll by quite a large margin.

Vault 11!

Social experiment studying a population's willingness to sacrifice individuals for the safety of the majority, using falsified threats of collective punishment

======

Don't let this influence your choice! I'm just having fun with a random number picker and corresponding vault!

Only if the vault has a listed purpose on the Wiki though, a lot of vaults are unknown/destroyed.

There's one very interesting one that I wonder if I could get someone by random

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 April 2024

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Vault 94!

Social experiment testing the viability of pacifist belief systems in post-apocalyptic conditions; all inhabitants were members of a nonviolent religious community save a single Vault-Tec employee

======

I feel personally attacked. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:
Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Vault 94!

======

I feel personally attacked. 

It's okay, you voted for the surface, right!? 👀

Though the vault concept would need adjusting a little to account for you.

It'd be "All inhabitants were members of a nonviolent religious community save for a single Vault-Tec employee...and an atheist from Wales"

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 April 2024

If there is plenty of music, booze and women in the vault, I won't need out.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

If there is plenty of music, booze and women in the vault, I won't need out.

You fucked up now boy, I'm assigning you a vault.

Vault 11!

Social experiment studying a population's willingness to sacrifice individuals for the safety of the majority, using falsified threats of collective punishment

===

Lol...You're joining Shika in the death vault...This was completely random too

Or I can spin again for a vault which hasn't been picked yet...

===

Vault 81!

Research facility; scientists in a secret sector of the Vault would work to develop a universal disease cure via experiments on an unwitting civilian population