By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 11 40.74%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 16 59.26%

Total:27

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
the-pi-guy said:

There are tons of issues that underprivileged groups face. 

They frequently get harassed when something goes wrong. Some examples on the Sony side, when Santa Monica delayed God of War Ragnarok, Alanah Pearce got a large brunt of harassment for it. Despite the fact that she is just a writer on the game. 

The TLOU actress for Abby got attacked for playing that character, as if Abby was the real person. Despite the fact that it wasn't her decision, she wasn't the director or writer. 

Not to mention, the other billion problems underprivileged face in all walks of life. Harassment for being in the wrong place. Not getting the benefit of the doubt that a white male would have had in the same situation. Fewer chances of advancement. Underrepresented and blamed. 

And no, it is not problematic to talk about it. 

People need to grow up and stop trying to feel victimized, every time someone complains about the challenges they face, and stop trying to make these issues about them. 

Alright.  Like I mentioned with Ryuu up above, we're opening up another can of worms so I'll try to not muddy the thread discussions after this.  I follow your anecdotal examples and I would say that my 1st reply isn't trying to erase history.  I feel like part of your comment is confusing my critique of overwrought language as though nothing bad happens to minorities ever.  Maybe I'm misreading that.

For this ironic part, I can only come to two conclusions for this list of tropes: ignorance or disregard of any counter-evidence.  Like I said before, despite the wretched conditions East Asian immigrants faced in America, that community (or collection of sub-communities) has gone on to be so successful that affirmative action had tamped down on their opportunities the most as a percentage.  Hell, I can't help but balk at your list when talking about countries like USA, which have had legal minority-exclusive privileges like affirmative action locked in for decades (until just recently).

I'll just leave it at that for now.  My PMs are open if you're interested to discuss this more broadly.

A lot of these things are complicated. 

There are a lot historical and cultural reasons why Asian Americans are "doing well". A lot of them live in large cities where cost of living is more expensive. So they make more, but it doesn't translate to a higher quality of living. 

A lot of it is intentional. The US intentionally had open policies to bring in successful Asians. 

And now they get used as a prop to bang against "lesser minorities". "If Asian Americans can be doing so well, why can't black and Native American groups do so too?"

These are still issues. Affirmative Action doesn't erase all of the injustices, it even created some. It arguably benefitted white women more than these other groups.  

Again, Asian Americans doing well doesn't erase these other issues. It's cherry picking a specific statistic and hand waving the other 100 issues. 

BasilZero said:

My instant reaction was "Hmmm. Blue Dragon Remaster?"

Then seconds later I remembered and was like "Oh...Right..."

Lol.

Gaming is a creative led medium that benefits from all different kinds of perspectives under the sun. Trying to limit who can work in gaming inherently limits the advancement of where gaming can go regardless of sexual orientation, religion, or race/ethnicity.

Same can be said about the storytelling in gaming. I don’t care who or what the game is about, as long as the game is well written, telling a good story, and the gameplay is fun for that games respective genre, then I’m game!

Dulfite said:
Ryuu96 said:

Maybe if we didn't post far right chuds like Musk and Quartering 🤔

The dude is a 90's Democrat. I'd argue he's an early 2000's Democrat, even. Just because liberals keep moving further left on *everything* doesn't mean people that were on the left before, or middle, are suddenly right ring, let alone far right. There are liberals now that think Bill Maher has become "far right", that Obama wasn't a liberal, it's baffling. 

I say this as a right wing person myself. I like Elon's free speech views, but he is too liberal for my tastes (and the many other tens of millions of conservative Americans' tastes) in other areas. Calling him far right is just not true.

Just because someone moves away from me doesn't mean I've moved away from them.

Musk is a moderate but voted democrat up until about 2 years ago. He voted for Hilary Clinton in 2016 and backed Andrew Yang in the 2020 Democrat primaries, and later voted for Biden in 2020. In 2022 he revealed he could no longer support Democrats because of how far left they have drifted on several key issues, calling them the party of division and hate. Since then he has encouraged fellow moderates to vote Republican to try and right the course of America.

There is indeed a growing trend of long time Democrat voting moderates and even center-left Democrats leaving the Democrat party here in the US. They pushed so far left on certain issues that many people just can't support them any longer. The straws that broke the camels back for many of them were the stances of many Democrat politicians on issues like trans procedures for children, trans bathroom policies, DEI policies in schools admissions and the workforce, and the state of the US-Mexico border.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 29 March 2024

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Gaming is a creative led medium that benefits from all different kinds of perspectives under the sun. Trying to limit who can work in gaming inherently limits the advancement of where gaming can go regardless of sexual orientation, religion, or race/ethnicity.

Same can be said about the storytelling in gaming. I don’t care who or what the game is about, as long as the game is well written, telling a good story, and the gameplay is fun for that games respective genre, then I’m game!

I want a videogame based on Noble's life.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Wow is this what you are going to do now?  14.000 posts, thousands in the xbox * threads, not once I brought up The Quartering up, it is a post that goes around on twitter and even used by a ton of youtubers like Asmongold;Moistcritikal and so on and they do it because if you want to check the original not deleted tweet thats the  one you find first.     And because you can't have a normal debate you are going to push me into the 'konnichiwa must be a member of a hate rage group'?  Very high morale from you =p

Says the dude who has batted for Russia before, spare me your high horse bullshit.

When 80% of your comments in this thread have been bitching or moaning about something, I wouldn't really see it as a loss, I only didn't do it before because I kept giving you the benefit of the doubt and cause I know you are somehow an Xbox fan but one that is constantly ruining the mood of this thread with your incessant complaining.

But TheQuartering (a far right loon) takes the piss, so I am warning you, if you post him in this thread, I will ban you from it. And actually, I can see that you're bullshitting as to why you posted it, who do you think you're fooling? You posted the Kelly tweet as an image SEPARATE from the Elon Musk tweet replying to someone quoting The Quartering. There was need for you to post the Musk tweet.

I honestly think bringing up Russia really has nothing to do with Xbox right? It seems again that you are just trying to push me into a group so in later debate you can use   'Don't listen to him he quoted from person X or agreed with person X' = He is automatically wrong.

Secondly I bite, the russia thing is probably a comment I not made this year, or last year but probably made more than 2 years ago. 

I doubt it but if I said 'Russia is great or love Russia' I apologize for it but I am sure it probably has something to with Russia will not invade or something about trying to provoke.    It is similar with politicians who say 'if Israel stop fighting they are cowards and scared from USA/Rest of the world = We won'  or 'If Israel doesn't stop fighting they are assholes and murderers'.    I will always dislike that kind of Rhetoric doesn't matter which conflict.....but again it all has nothing to do with xbox....    Shame even if I knew you were Pro Tory/Labour/Brexit/Non Brexit I would never used it against you in a Xbox debate. I don't think I ever did with something in this thread.

Yes I am negative about Xbox, honestly I want to be proven wrong like I said many times before. You could just ignore me and post all the xbox related news....

I thought the Elon Musk was the one newsworthy but he clearly was talking about something related in the other picture thats also why I posted Again go on youtube and you will see thumbnails about those two pics. Their is no silly hidden motive, I never posted something related, I did not join the Sweet Inc debate in this thread so trying to see a pattern in it seems weird, honestly the politics on youtube is going over my head, One day Elon Musk seems to be hero other days people hate him, then everyone say they will leave Twitter/X but somehow people still quote Tweets so confusing.

Ryuu96 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I want a videogame based on Noble's life.

Now we’re getting somewhere!

shikamaru317 said:
Dulfite said:

The dude is a 90's Democrat. I'd argue he's an early 2000's Democrat, even. Just because liberals keep moving further left on *everything* doesn't mean people that were on the left before, or middle, are suddenly right ring, let alone far right. There are liberals now that think Bill Maher has become "far right", that Obama wasn't a liberal, it's baffling. 

I say this as a right wing person myself. I like Elon's free speech views, but he is too liberal for my tastes (and the many other tens of millions of conservative Americans' tastes) in other areas. Calling him far right is just not true.

Just because someone moves away from me doesn't mean I've moved away from them.

Musk is a moderate but voted democrat up until about 2 years ago. He voted for Hilary Clinton in 2016 and backed Andrew Yang in the 2020 Democrat primaries, and later voted for Biden in 2020. In 2022 he revealed he could no longer support Democrats because of how far left they have drifted on several key issues, calling them the party of division and hate. Since then he has encouraged fellow moderates to vote Republican to try and right the course of America.

There is indeed a growing trend of long time Democrat voting moderates and even center-left Democrats leaving the Democrat party here in the US. They pushed so far left on certain issues that many people just can't support them any longer. The straws that broke the camels back for many of them were the stances of many Democrat politicians on issues like trans procedures for children, trans bathroom policies, and DEI policies in schools admissions and the workforce.

Andrew Yang was a grifter, Lol.

Is there any actual proof of who Musk voted for or did he just say he voted for Democrats so he could say "Oh, look at how bad they are now, I used to vote Democrat but they've gone sooooooo far leftttt" when it is actually Musk who has moved further to the right.

Democrats the party of hate and division? Meanwhile Republicans treat minorities like shit, trans people like shit, women like shit, America's allies like shit and the Trumpers look to fucking Russia as a vision of what America should be, a country full of hatred and divisions, one which had outlawed LGBT groups as a terrorist organisation.

I can't think of a single issue that I would consider the Democrats as "far left" on, Lol, some shit they support even the Tory Party in UK would support. Also, multiple Republicans have left the party lately and criticised the direction the party is heading in on their leaving. When the Republicans lose this election don't moan about it being rigged and instead maybe start looking towards your party and what is wrong with it that people don't want to associate themselves with it anymore, it ain't the Democrat Party, it's the Cult of Trump.

DEI is a weak attempt to criticise anyone who isn't white male, the instant they see a black person in a role they scream "DEI!!!" like most recently the frigging Maryland Mayor!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

I can't see anything in Musk even close to the political centre but that's probably because I'm not from USA which pretty much only has two parties which create a completely different left, right and centre as you would expect coming from a European country. No idea how the Dems are considered so much left now. 

His views about how to handle employees, His views about China, Putin, how he's talking about illegal immigrants (as if they are all criminals rapists just because they came illegally) and so on... that's really nothing in the political centre.