By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34
BasilZero said:

Weird, is it because of Akira Toriyama? I guess so, will check it out, I still have the grounded one.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Says the dude who has batted for Russia before, spare me your high horse bullshit.

When 80% of your comments in this thread have been bitching or moaning about something, I wouldn't really see it as a loss, I only didn't do it before because I kept giving you the benefit of the doubt and cause I know you are somehow an Xbox fan but one that is constantly ruining the mood of this thread with your incessant complaining.

But TheQuartering (a far right loon) takes the piss, so I am warning you, if you post him in this thread, I will ban you from it. And actually, I can see that you're bullshitting as to why you posted it, who do you think you're fooling? You posted the Kelly tweet as an image SEPARATE from the Elon Musk tweet replying to someone quoting The Quartering. There was need for you to post the Musk tweet.

I honestly think bringing up Russia really has nothing to do with Xbox right? It seems again that you are just trying to push me into a group so in later debate you can use   'Don't listen to him he quoted from person X or agreed with person X' = He is automatically wrong.

Secondly I bite, the russia thing is probably a comment I not made this year, or last year but probably made more than 2 years ago. 

I doubt it but if I said 'Russia is great or love Russia' I apologize for it but I am sure it probably has something to with Russia will not invade or something about trying to provoke.    It is similar with politicians who say 'if Israel stop fighting they are cowards and scared from USA/Rest of the world = We won'  or 'If Israel doesn't stop fighting they are assholes and murderers'.    I will always dislike that kind of Rhetoric doesn't matter which conflict.....but again it all has nothing to do with xbox....    Shame even if I knew you were Pro Tory/Labour/Brexit/Non Brexit I would never used it against you in a Xbox debate. I don't think I ever did with something in this thread.

Yes I am negative about Xbox, honestly I want to be proven wrong like I said many times before. You could just ignore me and post all the xbox related news....

I thought the Elon Musk was the one newsworthy but he clearly was talking about something related in the other picture thats also why I posted Again go on youtube and you will see thumbnails about those two pics. Their is no silly hidden motive, I never posted something related, I did not join the Sweet Inc debate in this thread so trying to see a pattern in it seems weird, honestly the politics on youtube is going over my head, One day Elon Musk seems to be hero other days people hate him, then everyone say they will leave Twitter/X but somehow people still quote Tweets so confusing.

You criticised my morality and so I criticised yours.

That debate we had is a source of dislike I've had against you, it was a comment you made where you attempted to justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine as being the West's fault. Your constant complaining is just the cherry on top but I've never acted on it as a moderated or abused my powers, you've been pushing my buttons for a long time and now this thread is once again a mess. You're right, I should ignore you, if the ignore button was free and I wasn't a mod, I would use it, unfortunately I don't believe as a Mod that I should be putting people on ignore.

I'm an American. There is not a two party system, that is the illusion. It is designed to keep us in the stupid and warring with one another so that all sides are blinded as to what is going on with people in power and the people rich enough to manipulate it. Once all sides realize that they are being manipulated by the governments and the medias, then a true awakening can begin.

The glass half full crowd is against the glass half empty crowd. Both crowds can be wrong and right at the same time. White vs black, rich vs poor, man vs woman, young vs old, left vs right, etc vs etc....... There is still only one glass and no matter how full it is, we're all in it.

...and I hate politics and have that section blocked off to me on this site.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Think it's a good time to drop the political talk here. 

Putting the hammer down. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Musk is a moderate but voted democrat up until about 2 years ago. He voted for Hilary Clinton in 2016 and backed Andrew Yang in the 2020 Democrat primaries, and later voted for Biden in 2020. In 2022 he revealed he could no longer support Democrats because of how far left they have drifted on several key issues, calling them the party of division and hate. Since then he has encouraged fellow moderates to vote Republican to try and right the course of America.

There is indeed a growing trend of long time Democrat voting moderates and even center-left Democrats leaving the Democrat party here in the US. They pushed so far left on certain issues that many people just can't support them any longer. The straws that broke the camels back for many of them were the stances of many Democrat politicians on issues like trans procedures for children, trans bathroom policies, and DEI policies in schools admissions and the workforce.

Andrew Yang was a grifter, Lol.

Is there any actual proof of who Musk voted for or did he just say he voted for Democrats so he could say "Oh, look at how bad they are now, I used to vote Democrat but they've gone sooooooo far leftttt" when it is actually Musk who has moved further to the right.

Democrats the party of hate and division? Meanwhile Republicans treat minorities like shit, trans people like shit, women like shit, America's allies like shit and the Trumpers look to fucking Russia as a vision of what America should be, a country full of hatred and divisions, one which had outlawed LGBT groups as a terrorist organisation.

I can't think of a single issue that I would consider the Democrats as "far left" on, Lol, some shit they support even the Tory Party in UK would support. Also, multiple Republicans have left the party lately and criticised the direction the party is heading in on their leaving. When the Republicans lose this election don't moan about it being rigged and instead maybe start looking towards your party and what is wrong with it that people don't want to associate themselves with it anymore, it ain't the Democrat Party, it's the Cult of Trump.

DEI is a weak attempt to criticise anyone who isn't white male, the instant they see a black person in a role they scream "DEI!!!" like most recently the frigging Maryland Mayor!

Just read an article on Musk's political history. The key points:

-He claims he voted for Democrats only up until he voted Republican for the first time in 2022 for Republican Mayra Flores in the US House Special Election. 

-His history of political donations shows he donated to both parties (like most multi-Millionaires and Billionaires do in order to hedge their bets), but he mainly donated to state level Democrats in California. He donated to both Democrat John Kerry and Republican Bush Jr. in 2004. He donated to both Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama during the 2008 election season but apparently didn't donate to Republican John McCain. He donated to neither Hilary Clinton nor Trump in 2016. His final political donation to a Democrat was to Senator Chris Coons in 2020. Since then all of his donations have been to Republicans. 

-In 2015 he did an interview where he said he hoped Trump wouldn't win the Republican nomination because it would be embarrassing. He and Trump don't seem to get along at all, Musk has never endorsed Trump and Trump slammed Musk on a Truth Social post when Musk revealed he voted for Biden instead of Trump in 2020.

I'm not going to get too deep into the rest of that post, it is clear we disagree on poltical matters, and I don't want to turn Xbox Empire into a political thread (I have the politics sub-forum disabled from appearing on the VGC homepage for a reason).

I'm saying this because the thread is on fire right now, should I just lock it for an hour and come back to spam gaming news? Lol.

the-pi-guy said:

Think it's a good time to drop the political talk here. 

Putting the hammer down. 

Thanks, Lol.

Shika, I'm not going to read your latest reply to avoid temptation of replying, Lmao. Even if we differ strongly in views, I don't like ignoring people after they wrote up a long post but it's for the benefit of this thread and cause Pi has told us to stop, which I fully support, the thread would go rapidly downhill without him stepping him so this is for the best.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

The thread is on fire? I hope it takes more than this for that to happen 🤣