By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

They did, but Elon as an individual is substantially bigger with more resources available than Epic the business entity lol.

Well, in fairness, most of Musk's wealth is tied up in stocks, Tesla/SpaceX are heavily helped by Government subsidies too and honestly, I think Tesla is incredibly overvalued but that's a different conversation entirely. Remember that Epic is largely financially backed by Tencent as well who are massive. Nevertheless, both Musk and Epic are nothing compared to the juggernaut that is Apple, Lol.

The issue is that the court case was already decided, unlikely that anyone will waste the time and effort and will just instead refer to the decision in Epic vs Apple, which Epic lost and caused a double down on Apple's right to charge 30%. It depends on what exactly Musk's complaint will be, if it's that Apple pulled advertising, he'd be laughed out of court, if it is that Apple charges 30%, he'll be slapped down.

As I see it, he needs to be more specific, the side loading of stores is an entirely different issue to Apple charging 30%, it is fully Apple's right to charge 30% and that is the industry standard, is Musk complaining about the 30% or is he complaining that Apple doesn't allow a sideloaded stores? It looks like he's just whining about the 30% cut on iOS.

Microsoft doesn't care about the 30% iOS cut, nor does EC, what they want to investigate is if it's in Apple's right to block sideloaded stores entirely which circumvent the 30% cut, like, I'm 99% sure that Microsoft would remain on iOS with the 30% cut even if it was eventually ruled to allow sideloaded stores on iOS which circumvent the cut.

Microsoft only passively sided with Epic but didn't get too involved in the court case, Microsoft is (probably) smarter than to take Apple on directly, they'll likely just let things play out whilst waiting for the EC to eventually investigate Apple/Google and then bring the receipts, they'll let a regulatory body break things open rather than attempt it themselves.

Ah well. It definitely would've added some spice to the story lol

Ryuu96 said:

Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, not sure I would like a PS-like achievement system tbh.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, not sure I would like a PS-like achievement system tbh.

Just want a f*cking update to the achievement system Tbh. Anything.

In that concept, Gamerscore and stuff is still there, Medals are just an extra thing for certain objectives like "playing 300 titles on Xbox Game Pass."

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 November 2022

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

This is after Apple pulled its ads from Twitter. Apple is (was) the biggest payer of ads on Twitter. I was reading something like $50 million. This is just a retaliation move and I see it failing.

This. Apple pulled their ads like dozens of other companies (50 of the top 100 advertisers) and Musk went on a tantrum and started bitching about something else entirely (the 30% cut). Epic was kicked off the app store for trying to create a side store to circumvent Apple's store cut, Epic sued, lost and solidified App Stores right to charge 30%.

Musk will lose because he's a fucking idiot and courts will just refer to the decision in the Epic vs Apple court case.

Basically, Apple has the right to charge 30% on their own store (what Musk is whining about) but do they have the right to block all sideload stores (what Epic wants) and what the EC will likely eventually investigate and what Microsoft wants too. Nobody is mad at Apple's right to charge 30% on their own store but they want the option of allowing a sideload store which circumvents the 30%.

That is a double edge sword for any business that has a closed system.  That would pretty much open up all consoles to side store fronts and probably allow things like GP on Sony systems and PS+ on MS.  Hmm, I wonder who would benefit the most from such a ruling.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

This. Apple pulled their ads like dozens of other companies (50 of the top 100 advertisers) and Musk went on a tantrum and started bitching about something else entirely (the 30% cut). Epic was kicked off the app store for trying to create a side store to circumvent Apple's store cut, Epic sued, lost and solidified App Stores right to charge 30%.

Musk will lose because he's a fucking idiot and courts will just refer to the decision in the Epic vs Apple court case.

Basically, Apple has the right to charge 30% on their own store (what Musk is whining about) but do they have the right to block all sideload stores (what Epic wants) and what the EC will likely eventually investigate and what Microsoft wants too. Nobody is mad at Apple's right to charge 30% on their own store but they want the option of allowing a sideload store which circumvents the 30%.

That is a double edge sword for any business that has a closed system.  That would pretty much open up all consoles to side store fronts and probably allow things like GP on Sony systems and PS+ on MS.  Hmm, I wonder who would benefit the most from such a ruling.

Microsoft have actually argued that consoles and mobiles are different, thus if mobile is broken open, it should not apply to consoles, I forgot what exactly their arguments were, but I think one of them was that consoles are sold at a loss, so they rely on their storefront whilst Apple phones are sold at profits, so they don't need the storefront cut as much.

So basically, Microsoft is afraid that if consoles were broken open, publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Take Two, etc, would just create their own storefronts on Xbox consoles and Microsoft would get nothing aside from purchases on their own IP which then makes selling consoles at a loss not a viable business decision.

Microsoft basically wants mobiles to be treated like PCs, but they still demand that a cut remains in place for consoles. I think they're all in favour of Game Pass on PS and PS+ on Xbox but they'd still demand some sort of cut, whilst the iOS/Android argument is sideloading a store and not having to pay any cut.

Microsoft would definitely benefit the most though with Game Pass + ABK. Just don't think it's something they want (yet).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 November 2022

Black Friday purchases arrived!

Got controller with MS Rewards points and Elden Ring was $35.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

2009 me - "fuck this place"

2022 me - "fuck this place"

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition