By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'd say the chances of this deal going through have shot up to 90%+

I'm a little shocked that Microsoft actually managed to convince CMA otherwise, Lol.

Now sign up with every Cloud provider out there to get this fucking shit over with.

Both EU and CMA have dismissed a Console SLC entirely, Sony will need to sign that contract now.

Meanwhile in the "Cloud" concerns, we have Microsoft's biggest rival (Nvidia) in favour of the deal alongside multiple smaller Cloud providers, it's hard to justify a block to protect the Cloud market now when major companies in said market are in favour of the deal.

Around the Network

Basically 90% sure it will go through then. Very much doubt it will be blocked on Cloud Gaming grounds.

I wonder if there's a little working together happening between CMA/EC...We know CMA hates monitoring Behavioural Remedies and then EC drops their Console arguments but has Cloud ones left, then CMA drops their Console arguments but have Cloud ones left, I wonder if it's possible that CMA/EC have came to an agreement that EC will enforce the Behavioural Remedies worldwide...Maybe not...

Remember a week ago or so when Microsoft pointed out CMA's flawed maths on making CoD exclusive? Lol.

Looks like that was the thing that ended CMA's argument.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 March 2023

Zippy6 said:

Here's the statement to Eurogamer from a Microsoft spokesperson in full: "We haven't pulled any games from PlayStation. In fact, we've expanded our footprint of games that we've shipped on Sony's PlayStation since our acquisition of ZeniMax, and the first two games we shipped after closing were PlayStation 5 exclusives. We did the same thing since our closing of Minecraft as we extended the reach of that franchise.

So an MS spokesperson has responded to the Redfall news saying they "haven't pulled any games from PlayStation". Isn't that just a blatant lie? Starfield was clearly in development for PlayStation before the acquisition of Bethesda and I have serious doubts that Redfall was never in development for PlayStation.

They'd have been better to remain silent than say this.

Microsoft hasn't "pulled any games from PlayStation" following Redfall PS5 reports | Eurogamer.net

There's a difference between not releasing games on certain consoles and pulling games from a certain console. Pulling implies that the game already exists, is available to buy for the customer and then gets taken off stores. After all, you can only take something back when you gave it away previously. Microsoft has never done that to any game that was already on the Playstation store.

But since a playable and publically released version of Redfall on PS5 never existed, there's nothing to pull.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Here's the statement to Eurogamer from a Microsoft spokesperson in full: "We haven't pulled any games from PlayStation. In fact, we've expanded our footprint of games that we've shipped on Sony's PlayStation since our acquisition of ZeniMax, and the first two games we shipped after closing were PlayStation 5 exclusives. We did the same thing since our closing of Minecraft as we extended the reach of that franchise.

So an MS spokesperson has responded to the Redfall news saying they "haven't pulled any games from PlayStation". Isn't that just a blatant lie? Starfield was clearly in development for PlayStation before the acquisition of Bethesda and I have serious doubts that Redfall was never in development for PlayStation.

Microsoft hasn't "pulled any games from PlayStation" following Redfall PS5 reports | Eurogamer.net

They haven't pulled any games from PlayStation so it is a correct statement pulling games would be removing the likes of Minecraft, Fallout 4 or Deathloop etc from the PSN Store pretty much like Epic Games did with removing Rocket League from Steam.

Choosing to not release a game that either had some early development or just planned development like Starfield is a completely different thing.

Edit Barozi's post above explains it better whilst I was typing this.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 24 March 2023

Imagine if CMA changes their PF's before March 31st.

Joking, it's extremely rare for CMA to change it even once, let alone twice.

Barozi said:
Zippy6 said:

There's a difference between not releasing games on certain consoles and pulling games from a certain console. Pulling implies that the game already exists, is available to buy for the customer and then gets taken off stores. After all, you can only take something back when you gave it away previously. Microsoft has never done that to any game that was already on the Playstation store.

But since a playable and publically released version of Redfall on PS5 never existed, there's nothing to pull.

Right. I see a typical PR spin statement that confused me. Respond to Redfall article about the game being canned for PS5 in a way that seems to but doesn't actually say that never happened.

There it is. I expect this deal to go through now.

My god they did it! The mad lads actually did it!