By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Animal Crossing NH is now the best-selling game ever in Japan

Yes it is included. It is around 2.32M without those.

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

Nintendo: Who invited Monster Hunter to our party?

It's the token game for inclusion purposes.

Now, all there is left to do, is to release Pokemon Crossing. 

Impressive pokemon gen 1 was #1 that long and I guess it was inevitable, but it definitely didn’t deserve to lose that spot to ACNH. ?

Chicho said:

Woah I wonder if splatoon 2 can still outsell MH. Is is still selling decent numbers? If it does that would be 2 spots down for the only game that is not on nintendo consoles

I recall reading Animal Crossing surpassed Pokémon about 2 months ago. I might have dreamed it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

People made the argument before that it should have But Nintendo's report just came out so I guess now we know for sure.

Jumpin said:

I recall reading Animal Crossing surpassed Pokémon about 2 months ago. I might have dreamed it.

In Japan Pokémon Blue was a bit more different from the other two versions, so it's often counted separately. That way Pokémon Red/Green is at 8.22mil, which ACNH topped a long time ago, much longer than two months ago.

Switch is so dominant in Japan its not even funny!

By the end of its lifetime Switch might have the Japan all-time:
#1 AC
#3 and #4/#5 or at worst #4 and #5 with MK8D and Smash
#8 and #9 Splat3 and Sw/Sh though Splat 3 could hit #7
Pokemon V/S presumably will get up to around #10 or close to it
#17 Splat2

Maybe 6 games in the top 10 all-time, and another at #17.

Kakadu18 said:
Jumpin said:

In Japan Pokémon Blue was a bit more different from the other two versions, so it's often counted separately. That way Pokémon Red/Green is at 8.22mil, which ACNH topped a long time ago, much longer than two months ago.

This was back sometime in September around the same time Splatoon 3 broke the week 1 sales record.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'm most impressed by Splatoon 3.

Dragon Quest is a legendary franchise in Japan, a series with a long 35 year legacy, a series that is so well known that it's almost synonymous with video games in the country.
And then Nintendo creates a franchise that can outsell every Dragon Quest game in just three weeks. How do they do it?