By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predictions for The Game Awards 2022 nominations

Wanted to make this thread seeing as we are approaching close to when the Game Award Nominations should be announced and also after the reviews have been revealed for the biggest games in November 2022 which are Sonic Frontiers and God of War: Ragnarok (Pokemon SV probably won't qualify as it's probably close to the cutoff point).

Here are my predictions for Best Game:

Elden Ring

God of War: Ragnarok

Bayonetta 3

Horizon Forbidden West

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Neon White

(Note: Don't have to only predict nominations for Best Game as there are others categories to choose from)

Around the Network

It's gonna be between God Of War vs Eldin Ring and , God of War 2018 beat up Red Dead Redemption 2 which Review 97 vs God of War 2018 94 Review. Kratos slayed that giant a new giant just appeared for Kratos stomp.

TGA's are a joke and now have their own Oscar Bait games. I predict Xenoblade 3 snubbed like every Xenoblade is. So will Bayo 3.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

TGA's are a joke and now have their own Oscar Bait games. I predict Xenoblade 3 snubbed like every Xenoblade is. So will Bayo 3.

I mean this what and say about the God of War Series. It is how GOW is played certain way but yeah your playstyle is very different check below

God of War Ragnarok is going to get it. It seems to tick all of the boxes that the VGA jury looks for.

Around the Network

Hmm there are only really 3 games that feel like shoe-ins for Best Game (Elden Ring, Ragnarök and Forbidden West), a lot of candidates for the last 3 spots. But if I have to take a stab I'll say:

• Elden Ring
  • God of War: Ragnarök
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Return to Monkey Island

I guess I can also take a stab at Most Anticipated Game while I'm at it:

• The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Starfield
  • Diablo IV
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Which would be 2 repeats from last year. That's delays for ya.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Leynos said:

I can possibly see XB3, getting snubbed. As for Bayo3, remember that Bayo2 was nominated for Game of the Year in 2014.

Same as the OP. 

• Elden Ring
  • God of War: Ragnarök
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Bayo 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Neon White

I could see RT Monkey Island take NW's place tho. 
Kirby gets snubbed.

Either Elden Ring or GOW win, im going with ER, but I think it could very easily and understandably go either way. 

123tbones said:
Leynos said:

I can possibly see XB3, getting snubbed. As for Bayo3, remember that Bayo2 was nominated for Game of the Year in 2014.

We didn't have a Yakuza game this year but I remember those also getting snubbed. I have noticed Nintendo having less and less precense at the TGA's and would not be surprised if they don't attend at all this year or at the very least no trailers at all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

GOTY Nominees:

Elden Ring

God of War: Ragnarok

Horizon Forbidden West

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Neon White

Gran Turismo 7

Even if Xenoblade 3 doesn't win GOTY, I'm fine with that since I already know it's got virtually no chance against Elden Ring or God of War. But it better, IT BETTER, win best RPG!!

Or Best Narrative.

Or Best Music and Score.

Or Best Game Direction.

Or Best Performance for Henry McEntire or Aimee-Ffion Edwards.

SOMETHING!!!