By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii will pass 360 sales in NA.... when?

I can't imagine him not taking GTAIV into account when he said that. And I'm certain he knew the production increase just announced was planned as well.

However, I ran my own numbers using weekly averages for the past 11 weeks (this averages out high and low weeks) and it comes up early July. This also doesn't factor in GTAIV or the increased supply. I'm guessing the GTAIV impact and the increased Wii supply will virtually cancel each other out meaning late June to early July is still the target period.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
jlauro said:
Remember, Reggie said that months ago... prior to Nintendo announcing increases in production, etc...

With the toys-r-us ad, I am tempted to say prior... but being outvoted 14 to 1, I guess I will stick with the week of...

I didn't think this was that much of a John Lucas prediction. Only has to sell 830K in 5 weeks, which will include the release of MK, WiiFit, and Toy-r-us more in-store consoles than ever before ad....

no way it's gonna happen prior - esp. with GTAIV

Nintendo is always conservative when they predict sales, so I'm going for May. They are going to flood the market when WiiFit is released...

My former account was HeSSeH, but I lost it. 

I'm thinking 6-7 weeks, so that's early June.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

If nintendo is truly ramping up production to 2 million a month, I will say, end of May.

Around the Network

3 votes to 15. I don't feel so alone in my prediction now.

Will be interesting to see what gets the bigger boost. Toysrus big wii rerelease on two days prior to GTA4, along with release of Mario Kart Wii, or will 360 + PS3 see bigger hardware sales boosted by GTA4.

Unfortunately, even though that is only half a week away, we will not know for almost two weeks... unless ioi gives us a hint of Sunday's sales when he releases the numbers for this week.

Bump.... Numbers in OP updated...

Wii didn't have as high of numbers as I was expecting, but still not bad. Next week (technically results for this week) probably will not do as well as this week (but neither should 360). However, the following week, and the launch week of Wii Fit, should both do well. I am sticking with my prediction.

I'm moving my prediction from early July to late June.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Based on recent sales trends Wii will pass the 360 in NA in the final week of May or first week of June.

Updated numbers...

It's not looking as good for the wii as I hoped with only 1 more wii prior to launch of wii fit, but I am still expecting *huge* sales the week of wii fit.

If wii gains 150K next week, and 450K the week that wii fit launches, it will pass the 360 in America with 80K to spare. Of course I may be wrong, and Nintendo has not stock piled that much for the launch of wii fit.