By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii will pass 360 sales in NA.... when?

When will the wii pass the 360 in sales for NA?

Prior to the launch of Wii fit.

The week wii fit is launched. (3 vote)

After the launch of wii fit? (15 votes)

and for 360 fanboys.... never

I am guessing the launch of wii fit... I am sure Nintendo will release massive amounts of wiis for that. The monthly totals have not been adding up to what the production levels should be, so they are likely doing some stockpiling, or being under tracked.

That said, Nintendo will probably release some with Mario Kart too which will be released sooner. If that amount is huge, it may cause the wii to pass the 360 sooner. Nintendo should be increasing production (but haven't heard anything??? I was expecting to hear something end of March or early April)

NA sales: (as of April 19th)

Wii: 10.70

360: 11.53

Difference: 0.83

NA sales: (as of April 26th)

Wii: 10.73

360: 11.60

Difference: 0.87

NA sales: (as of May 3)

Wii: 11.14

360: 11.72

Difference: 0.58

NA sales: (as of May 10)

Wii: 11.27

360: 11.79

Difference: 0.52  

NA sales (as of May 17)

Wii: 11.41

360: 11.72

Difference: 0.31  

Number more weeks prior to Wii fit:1

After April 26th: Wii must sell 166 (lost ground, must sell 218) thounds per week more than the 360 to catch up the week of launch.

After May 3rd... Wii gained some ground back. Must sell 193.4 thousand per week more than the 360 to catch up the week of launch.

After May 10th...  Wii gained some ground, but 360 will get no more boost from GTA IV... This is also the wii's low week as it alternates between good and bad...  Wii fit will fall on what would normally be a bad week, but I don't expect that...  Wii must sell 260 thousand more than the 360 for the next two weeks in a row to pass the 360 during wii fit launch. 

After May 17th...  The week wasn't as huge as expected for the up mark, but it also looks like 360 was adjusted down.  So wii is gaining, but it will need a huge week of 310K to do it the week of wii fit. 

Around the Network

May/June

June for me

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Reggie said June and it seems with the huge increase in Wii supply he might be correct.

I'll err on the side of caution and say July.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Nintendo in always cautions with their estimates. They can only predict well the supply for wii. I think they were being cautios in over estimating 360 sales, and so they will do it in May when wii fit is released instead of June...

Around the Network

I'll say July because they are still a bit behind.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'm going for June

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Viper1 said:
Reggie said June and it seems with the huge increase in Wii supply he might be correct.

Who the hell is Reggie? Is he like Michael Pachter?

Rock_on_2008 said:
Viper1 said:

He is the one who always talks on E3 06 and E3 07 nintendo press conference. He is the spokesperson of Nintendo, he is also the president of Nintendo America

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Viper1 said:

He is the one who always talks on E3 06 and E3 07 nintendo press conference. He is the spokesperson of Nintendo, he is also the president of Nintendo America

Ok I never heard of him sorry I am from Australia.