By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Console Would You Like to See Added to NSO Subscription Next?

Which console should they add next?

Gamecube 20 42.55%

Gameboy/Gameboy Color 10 21.28%

Gameboy Advance 8 17.02%

Turbo Grafx-16 1 2.13%

Dreamcast 7 14.89%

Wii 1 2.13%

Other 0 0%

Total:47

Nintendo Switch most likely still has two to three years left in its life and NSO will more than likely continue on in some way on Nintendo's next system, meaning that Nintendo adding more consoles to the subscription service is a definite possibility. So, which console would you like for them to add next? 

I know that this is a long shot, but in my opinion I would love for Sega Dreamcast games to be added to the service. Sega has always been willing to put their older content on Nintendo systems. Genesis games appeared on Wii Virtual Console and additionally, are already on NSO with the premium subscription. Game Gear games were also made available on 3ds Virtual Console, so the willingness of Sega to collaborate with Nintendo on their older content is definitely there. I think the biggest hurdle for Dreamcast games on NSO would be the emulation, as from what I've seen and heard, the Dreamcast is a tricky console to emulate, but nonetheless I would love to see even just a dozen of Dreamcast games on NSO. 

What about you guys? What consoles would you like to see added next?

Around the Network

I was definitely going to say GameCube until I saw you had put Dreamcast on there. Obviously, I agree that it’s a long shot to see the system on nso, but that’s some great content if they ever did. Plus the controller was really fun and way ahead of it’s time. But GameCube is a very close second. Would love to play star fox adventures again.

Last edited by Kslost - on 27 October 2022

Kslost said:

I was definitely going to say GameCube until I saw you had put Dreamcast on there. Obviously, I agree that it’s a long shot to see the system on nso, but that’s some great content if they ever did. Plus the controller was really fun and way ahead of it’s time. But GameCube is a very close second. Would love to play star fox adventures again.

Gamecube is definitely my second choice as well. I hope if Nintendo adds Gamecube to NSO they go crazy and have the obscure and more niche games like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Chibi-Robo, Pikmin 2, and Four Swords Adventures in addition to the normal and more high profile games. The potential for NSO is insane but Nintendo is slow to do anything with it. I swear they must only have like three people in the whole company working on this project haha.

In my opinion they should just concentrate on new games. They can do new versions of old games (like New Super Mario Bros), but simply emulating back catalogue isn't where they should be investing.

You can always pick up old consoles and games on eBay if you want to start a retro collection. Failing that there are the less legal options...

I voted GameCube but I wouldn't mind Dreamcast. If either were added to the Expansion Pack tier I would likely spend the money to upgrade to it. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
OneTime said:

In my opinion they should just concentrate on new games. They can do new versions of old games (like New Super Mario Bros), but simply emulating back catalogue isn't where they should be investing.

You can always pick up old consoles and games on eBay if you want to start a retro collection. Failing that there are the less legal options...

I would rather spend $50 to have an easy and convenient way to play N64 games on my modern system with a beautiful OLED screen than spend $200+ on an N64 and a game like Paper Mario. The ridiculous prices of retro games shows Nintendo that they need to capitalize on the demand for legacy content. With people shelling out dumb amounts of money on retro games Nintendo would be foolish to not sell their old games to people and use the money that they get from it to better fund their studios and hire new talent. Emulating Genesis, NES, SNES, GB, and GBA games takes such little effort that I highly doubt they are diverting much from new games.

Sega Saturn and Dreamcast.

TG16 would be amazing as well.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Virtual Boy, baby!!! WOOOOO!!!

Gamecube and Saturn next would be nice. Would love to play Paper Mario TTYD again and Skies of Arcadia. The only Saturn game I played on a Saturn was the Panzer Dragoon demo at the mall back when it came out. Played a few ports on the Switch of Panzer and Grandia though.

The DS. I want to see how they do it, to be honest.