By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct dedicated to Super Mario Bros movie happening October 6th

I just hope they don't try to turn the toads into the new minions...

Around the Network

Any guesses as to how long this thing will be? 5 minutes? 10? 20? I just can't see it being more than 10 minutes.

Leynos said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

It's got to be better than the Bob Hoskins movie. Plus, Chris Pratt is so cool!

I dunno. IE films are trash full of lazy recycled assets. I expect another cookie cutter garbage IE film with bad songs and using one assets recycled thousands of times like toads. Oh wait the poster proves they already did that. So looks like it will be just as bad in a different way but at the very least more faithful.

Also Chris Pratt is a tool. Anti LGBT tool

Hate is driving you bad.

Last edited by Hynad - on 05 October 2022

super_etecoon said:

Any guesses as to how long this thing will be? 5 minutes? 10? 20? I just can't see it being more than 10 minutes.

5 minutes, a teaser trailer and some words from Miyamoto and maybe someone else.

Kakadu18 said:
super_etecoon said:

5 minutes, a teaser trailer and some words from Miyamoto and maybe someone else.

I hope you're right, but this seems like a lot of fanfare for something that could have been a Twitter drop.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they're making a slight event out of this, but part of me is dreading that they'll give up too much info.  I don't want plot, other than Mario saving the Princess or something.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of behind the scenes work with animators and voice actors.  And while I know they said no game information, I'm still holding onto hope that they drop info that the tie in game will be releasing alongside the movie.  

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Roma said:

Mario has no ass! :(

I sure hope this isn't a singalong movie or whatever they call it like the rumors where saying a while ago..

These rumors were saying musical, like The Lion King or Frozen.

Oh I see! I suppose that's not so bad then :)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Toads looks so cute ! Can’t wait for tomorrow

Kakadu18 said:
super_etecoon said:

Thanks.

It's literally just Chris Pratt's voice still looks great!

So, the trailer actually wasn't terrible.

I'm cautiously optimistic.