By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Celebrate 10 Years With Me!

Tagged games:

A decade already VGC has definitely benefited from you been around. Probably the nicest guy on the site and your taste in games is pretty great as well.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 18 September 2022

Around the Network

Congrats Vek. One of the nicest virtual humans out there.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words! I'm glad I could celebrate today with you all :)

Everybody deserves a moment of recognition on such an auspicious occasion, IMO, to say nothing of one who's contributed so much to the forums!

Ya know, I actually remember you being one of the first people to actually respond to something I said here when I first joined back in early 2017, so you've always stood out in my mind as a result. It was on somebody else's thread (I think I might've not yet reached the 50-post threshold required to create threads of my own yet at the time). We exchanged tentative opinions about Horizon Zero Dawn and (shocker!) Breath of the Wild and you assured me at the conclusion thereof that I'd "be okay" or "make it" or something like that on VGC, as in like I'd be able to lower the temperature in the room enough to avoid too much controversy. So that was your first bad review that I saw.

Kidding, of course. You've proven an excellent reviewer! I've discovered games I'd never have otherwise because of 'em. That Sakuna review stands out to me especially as well as particularly inspired! (Love that game so much!) And yes, you did a fine job with the Cowabunga Collection review recently too, just to acknowledge. You know I'm enjoying it!

What makes you especially awesome in my eyes though is the fact that, despite how rarely we wind up communicating here on the forums, for some reason you've never forgotten me. Just at random, I'll get a wall post from you letting me know about an upcoming physical version of Gone Home coming out or letting me know that the Daffodil plushie based on the Stella's kitty cat from Spiritfarer is back in stock or just making sure I'm doing okay on a really bad day. You even mentioned me here though I make like one or two posts a month anymore maybe. I can tell that you're an unusually thoughtful and considerate person.

Happy 10th anniversary!!

Last edited by Jaicee - on 18 September 2022

Thanks for the shoutout!

It's been great having you around on VGChartz, I don't think I've ever seen you lose your cool or do anything but make the forums and the site a better place by your contributions. :)

This made me just realize next April will be 13 years here for me, time sure does fly!

Around the Network

You are a kind and friendly gamer. I will alway remember that you spoke some kind words to me once. That sentiment will never be forgotten. Thank you for being such a good dude.

Good on ya mate! Here's to another 100 years at VGChartz! Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations Veknoid! You've been nothing but kind and awesome through and through and I wish you the absolute best, as well as many more successful years at VGChartz! :)

Machina said:

Congratulations on 10 years.

I'm really grateful for the work you've put in on the review team. Not just the crazy amount of reviews you've written (346 by my count - more than double the next most prolific writer), but especially for the behind-the-scenes stuff; helping pick new writers, coming up with the review guidelines, always being there if I need a hand with something or some advice.

I hope you stick around for another 10 years!

And of course Spurge sent you your first friend request xD

Speaking of Spurge being a recipient of his first friends requests gains entrance into a select group of every VGChartz member and I mean that literally since knowing Spurge he probably sent backdated first friends requests to those few who here before him. 

Now our lives are reduced to sitting around waiting in forlorn hope for the arrival of the certificate Spurge promised us all.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 21 September 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Dang nostalgia. I admit my first thought was thinking "I still have a long while till I reach 10 years" but then looked at the dates and realized it's next June! Lol.

How are you doing?