By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XBSX beat the XB1 sales, and how many units it will sell?

How many units will the XBSX sell lifetime?

Under 40M 8 30.77%

40-45M 4 15.38%

45-50M 3 11.54%

50-55M 4 15.38%

55-60M 3 11.54%

60-70M 4 15.38%

70M+ 0 0%

Total:26

Microsoft is not going to drop support for the Series S anytime soon, no chance. But in 6-8 years or so, I do wonder whether they will allow developers to support just the X but not the S. It would be a bit of a bait and switch, but it would also be a waste to not allow games that can run well enough on the X but would be too compromised on the S.

Around the Network
ConservagameR said:

Xtreme

I can def see MS releasing a Series Xtream and a Series Stream

eva01beserk said:
ConservagameR said:

Even with a mid gen Series Pro Xtreme model, couldn't MS just drop Series S to 720p/60 worst case? The CPU should be able to keep up, so just drop the resolution and upscale.

Many who have a Series S will just live with it for the rest of the gen, and those who can't, can upgrade to a Series X.

I could see MS dropping Series S production mid gen if there's a $499-$599 Pro Xtreme model, along with a $299 Series X.

If the gpu was the problem then sure. But the complain the devs are saying is the ram amount.

Games for the Series are being made to fit the ram of the Series s and then upscale to the Series X. I guess they can make 2 versions to take advantage of both but it will take time and money. And Xbox studios cannot afford to be any slower. 

Lower res, less RAM needed, correct? You don't use space taking 4k assets if you're running at 720p, right? I think that's correct but I'm not certain.

BonfiresDown said:

Microsoft is not going to drop support for the Series S anytime soon, no chance. But in 6-8 years or so, I do wonder whether they will allow developers to support just the X but not the S. It would be a bit of a bait and switch, but it would also be a waste to not allow games that can run well enough on the X but would be too compromised on the S.

Based on the issue's with Halo between the XB One and XB Series platforms, along with who knows what else that's been kept quiet due to how Infinite turned out, I wouldn't doubt that once it's definitely time, that MS will axe the Series S.

Assuming MS doesn't actually bring the cloud tech that offloads enough processing that they promised with XB One, or if things go hardcore streaming by then. In those cases Series S could be used, and it wouldn't be because it's anything special, but just because other tech allowed it to remain relevant.

SKMBlake said:
ConservagameR said:

Xtreme

I can def see MS releasing a Series Xtream and a Series Stream

Wasn't even thinking this. Nice play on the name! I like it, and could see it being used in the future as well.

yo33331 said:
ConservagameR said:

Wasn't even thinking this. Nice play on the name! I like it, and could see it being used in the future as well.

They could use also another idea from the fans .. and they didn't use it ..

On the Series X/S launch or even before it when everyone saw the Series S console, with that big black circle in front, the idea was to mark white X on it and to become the Xbox logo however they left it just as s ugly circle ...

Good point. 

Too serious of an idea and not meme worthy enough maybe?

Xbox Series X|S keeps increasing the lead over Xbox One according to VGChartz. It now sits at 3,014,224 with 304,610 coming from the latest month. When do people expect X|S to start loosing that lead?

Around the Network

Honestly it's gonna top out at 55 million and may even get up to around 60 million.

SKMBlake said:

Less than 60 million.

CosmicSex said:

Honestly it's gonna top out at 55 million and may even get up to around 60 million.

Honest question: Can you explain me why do you think XS will just barely outsell XBO? Right now it's looking like it's selling quite a bit better than it's predecessor, so I want to understand where you're coming from with your prediction. Do you think sales will falter, a new console replacing the Series X/S early on cutting it's legs, or why do you think sales will be so low?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
SKMBlake said:

Less than 60 million.

CosmicSex said:

Honest question: Can you explain me why do you think XS will just barely outsell XBO? Right now it's looking like it's selling quite a bit better than it's predecessor, so I want to understand where you're coming from with your prediction. Do you think sales will falter, a new console replacing the Series X/S early on cutting it's legs, or why do you think sales will be so low?

How long was the x1 selling better than the 360?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

CosmicSex said:

acording to VGcharts Month 40 is where it passed it but The lead started decreasing much sooner.Month 26 was the peak of the lead. It also never got that high just above 3.5 million while Series X|S has a lead of around 6 millions against the 360 on month 23. Look at this chart.

Edit: here is the latest months X|S vs ONE

Last edited by Chicho - on 05 October 2022

eva01beserk said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

CosmicSex said:

3 years and 5 months, as you can see here. The problem is that it's not comparable.

360 sold very poorly early in it's career. Beating those numbers were not a high bar to beat. And yet, the XBO only managed to do so with massive promotions during the holiday season, because outside of it the 360 generally sold better. This also resulted in the console being pretty frontloaded.

Neither is the case with the XS. It doesn't need big promotions to sell, and it doesn't just sell during the holiday period, but throughout the year.