By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GoldenEye Returns

Chrkeller said:

So it is a straight port with online? As much as I loved Goldeneye back in the day, man the framerate and resolution is awful.

The resolution is bumped up with every release on the Expansion Pack. Gamexplain put out a comparison video of footage shown compared to actual N64 gameplay, and it's night and day. I can't say how framerate will be though till release lol

Around the Network

Can’t wait to take the Russian tank for a spin.

gtotheunit91 said:
Chrkeller said:

So it is a straight port with online? As much as I loved Goldeneye back in the day, man the framerate and resolution is awful.

The resolution is bumped up with every release on the Expansion Pack. Gamexplain put out a comparison video of footage shown compared to actual N64 gameplay, and it's night and day. I can't say how framerate will be though till release lol

I did not know that.  Thank you for the information.

Chrkeller said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Of course! Here's a couple of examples they put out for Pokémon Snap and Mario Golf. Even puts the Wii U virtual console versions to shame! Didn't notice it initially but the first few seconds of Pokémon Snap does show a drastic increase to framerate!

Signalstar said:

Were people not satisfied with the Goldeneye remake on Wii 360 and PS3?

It's one of my favourite FPS ever. Then again, I never played the original, so I can't compare.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Chrkeller said:

Of course! Here's a couple of examples they put out for Pokémon Snap and Mario Golf. Even puts the Wii U virtual console versions to shame! Didn't notice it initially but the first few seconds of Pokémon Snap does show a drastic increase to framerate!

Wow, that is a bigger improvement than I was expecting.  For some reason I assumed everything was a straight up identical port.  I might have to sign up for Nintendo online.  I'm kind of in the mood for some classic games.  

Chrkeller said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Wow, that is a bigger improvement than I was expecting.  For some reason I assumed everything was a straight up identical port.  I might have to sign up for Nintendo online.  I'm kind of in the mood for some classic games.  

Same for me! By the time I found out that Nintendo did put in the work to really upgrade these N64 games, along with fixing the emulator they were using in general, I did finally sign up a couple months ago. It's been a lot of fun! Online play is only with friends though. There's no matchmaking fyi lol. Which I don't mind. Good luck getting an official wireless N64 controller though on Nintendo's website. They're always out of stock :( the rumble while playing Star Fox 64 was super nostalgic! 

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but, in the Japanese Direct, Goldeneye was given a "2023" release window at the end of the video. With no N64 game announced yet for September, I figured Goldeneye was going to be released in 2022 with the other 3 releases. But I guess one month, presumably September, will not have an N64 release on the service.

twintail said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but, in the Japanese Direct, Goldeneye was given a "2023" release window at the end of the video. With no N64 game announced yet for September, I figured Goldeneye was going to be released in 2022 with the other 3 releases. But I guess one month, presumably September, will not have an N64 release on the service.

Maybe Japan is just getting it later?

Oh I wish that will be the case! :D

gtotheunit91 said:
Chrkeller said:

Sadly though, Emulation quality can be very hit or miss on Switch's expansion pass. Some games minus the bump in resolution/framerate were massive visual step backs from the original vision with poor/no rendered fog, artifacts and more.

They are improving over time though, but I would rather buy these games outright, rather than pay a subscription fee.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--