By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GoldenEye Returns

Played some N64 last night. Games, for N64, look and play quite well. Notably shaper and the locked framerate is nice. But yeah.... really want that out of stock wireless N64 controller.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Played some N64 last night. Games, for N64, look and play quite well. Notably shaper and the locked framerate is nice. But yeah.... really want that out of stock wireless N64 controller.

Glad you got to enjoy them! Damn scalpers on eBay though are trying to sell those wireless N64 controllers for $100 each....

I checked Nintendo's website nearly on a daily basis on top of following Wario64 on Twitter for about a month before I finally was able to snag one. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Chrkeller said:

Glad you got to enjoy them! Damn scalpers on eBay though are trying to sell those wireless N64 controllers for $100 each....

I checked Nintendo's website nearly on a daily basis on top of following Wario64 on Twitter for about a month before I finally was able to snag one. 

For now I am going to focus on NES and SNES.  Hopefully in a few months I can snag a N64 controller.  The service is pretty slick.  I like it.

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

And it does what exactly?  You load your game and stare at the game file?  Unless a game has New Game+ I don't see the point in old save files.  But each too their own.

It gives us a sense of accomplishment, along with evidence that we completed the game 100 percent. Subscription services are taking that away from us. -_-

Do you find yourself in position regularly to present evidence of your gaming accomplishments?  

I'm not a huge fan of subscriptions, but it is the future.  Consoles eventually will go away.  And to some degree subscriptions are nice.  I don't need a NES, SNES, Genesis and N64...  just a switch.  And I know, people want to buy them...  problem is I bought many games on original release...  again on the Wii and then paid to upgrade on the Wii U.  I'm personally tired of buying them over and over.  I'm like the new Netflix model.    

James, for England.

For England, Alex.

Around the Network

I just realized that James Bond Day is October 5th. So there's a possibility that it could drop here in a couple of weeks!

Found someone pointing out in the Japanese Direct showing a "2023" release date that the Japanese text specifies it is coming out at a different time than other versions.

I signed up with Nintendo subscription, it appears it support Cloud Saves. I never knew that.

Chrkeller said:

I signed up with Nintendo subscription, it appears it support Cloud Saves. I never knew that.

Yeah the base $20/year subscription includes Cloud Saves, online multiplayer, a couple exclusive games with Tetris 99 and Pac-Man 99, along with NES games and SNES games. And the NSO smartphone app for voice chat The $50/year Expansion Pack is only for N64 games, Sega Genesis games, Animal Crossing paid DLC, MK8D paid DLC, and Splatoon 2 paid DLC.

Keep in mind though that not ALL games support cloud saves. Like all the Pokémon games and Animal Crossing: New Horizons don't for example. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 20 September 2022

I'm thinking now that just because Goldeneye is making it onto the service, doesn't automatically mean that Perfect Dark is a slam dunk to arrive as well.

There were 4 games that I know of on the N64 that Rare self-published. Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Jet Force Gemini. I have a bad feeling we're only going to see Rare games on the Expansion Pack that Nintendo themselves published. So far we've got Banjo-Kazooie and Goldeneye, which both were published by Nintendo. You would assume Diddy Kong Racing would make it, but, Conker is one of the playable racers, and there's a 200% chance that Conker's Bad Fur Day isn't coming to the service

I would loooooooove if these games made it onto the service, but, I'm not keeping my hopes up. There's a much more realistic chance of getting Blast Corps, DK64, and Banjo Tooie though. 

Not to mention, since Microsoft is currently working on a Perfect Dark reboot, the last thing they would want is a release of the original game on another system taking away talk from their reboot. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah the base $20/year subscription includes Cloud Saves, online multiplayer, a couple exclusive games with Tetris 99 and Pac-Man 99, along with NES games and SNES games. And the NSO smartphone app for voice chat The $50/year Expansion Pack is only for N64 games, Sega Genesis games, Animal Crossing paid DLC, MK8D paid DLC, and Splatoon 2 paid DLC.

Keep in mind though that not ALL games support cloud saves. Like all the Pokémon games and Animal Crossing: New Horizons don't for example. 

The base subscription also includes game trials. And everywhere but the US the (for me) #1 reason to subscribe, vouchers.