By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's going on in America? Basic questions in USA.

Schools teach most of that stuff from a young age. But if you've ever been a student, you'd know that some people don't pay attention during school.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Oregon passed a law last year that removed reading, writing, and math to graduate high school. We’ll see what other states decide to follow suit.

They were very quiet about the legislation passing and being signed into law too. 

SegaHeart said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Oregon passed a law last year that removed reading, writing, and math to graduate high school. We’ll see what other states decide to follow suit.

They were very quiet about the legislation passing and being signed into law too. 

Why is USA doiing this to themselfs? Why are they doing this to themselfs like this?

So in the next generation, videos like the one you originally posted will be 3x as long and amusing lol. I have no idea. With the country putting more money and resources into entertainment and influencers than education, this is the result you get. My wife wanted to be a teacher when she was little, but when she told her 3rd grade teacher at the time that’s what she wanted to do when she grew up, her teacher shockingly told her not to. That it wasn’t worth it. Teachers get paid crap in the US and it’s all become a domino effect from there. It’s unfortunate, but you gotta make the best of the situation you’re in. Knowledge is power. 

SegaHeart said:

Why is USA doiing this to themselfs? Why are they doing this to themselfs like this?

I've been told that if you're not American this very moment, then the Americans really don't care about you at all and think you're definitely wrong.

That's a very poor outlook which will lead to many problems internally. The issue's will grow in number and eventually will become a major dilemma.

ConservagameR said:
SegaHeart said:

I've been told that if you're not American this very moment, then the Americans really don't care about you at all and think you're definitely wrong.

That's a very poor outlook which will lead to many problems internally. The issue's will grow in number and eventually will become a major dilemma.

You’re right, it’s a shame the way conservatives treat undocumented immigrants.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
ConservagameR said:

I love, all I wanna do. Hug me.

So much better to bring people in as allies than to push them away as enemies. Though dangerous the high ground can be.

SegaHeart said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Due to the left taking control of many institutions and everything they do is backwards and upside down.

Who needs numbers and letters when you're 'supposed' to be figuring out that you're the wrong gender and you're forever a victim.

Now Drag Queen story hour, that's where knowledge becomes power! Coming to a school near you!