By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console or PC do you plan to buy?

PS5 and the successor to the Switch.

Around the Network

Hoping to get a new laptop with a 3060 in it. Most I can do witht the budget I have in mind but need to wait a couple of months for reasons. This 1060 and this i7 7700HQ is OOOOOOOOOOLD. I know many have way worse specs than this and I don't play top of the lime AAA stuff but it is time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I got a PS5/Switch so my next purchase will be the 4080/4090 for my PC and the Switch 2. Also the Steam Deck 2 whenever that comes out.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Already have PS5, Switch, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S(for emulation). I'm planning to build fresh new rig with Ryzen 9 7900X/32GB DDR5 6000MHz/Radeon RX 7900XT/2TB SSD PCIe 5.0.... Yeah.

Currently own a PS5, Nintendo Switch, PC and Steam Deck. No plans on getting an Xbox or next Nintendo for the foreseeable future. Nor any mid-gen upgrade or refresh 'Pro' models.

By the end of this year hopefully I'll get a PC upgrade, with a new next generation graphics card. Something like a RTX 4070Ti/RX 7700XT/RX 7800 and possibly a Ryzen 5800X3D CPU, should it drop in price.

Around the Network

A new gaming PC (apart from the case and PSU, I can't reuse anything from the old one, so I'll start from scratch), and a new work laptop

Bofferbrauer2 said:

A new gaming PC (apart from the case and PSU, I can't reuse anything from the old one, so I'll start from scratch), and a new work laptop

I actually want to buy a new laptop. I want to start a streaming channel. I already kind of have one, but the videos are half-assed because I don't have a lot of equipment for it. I want to do more professional-looking videos.

SanAndreasX said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I actually want to buy a new laptop. I want to start a streaming channel. I already kind of have one, but the videos are half-assed because I don't have a lot of equipment for it. I want to do more professional-looking videos.

Wouldn't a desktop be better for streaming? Or do you plan to travel a lot with it?

I currently have a Series X and a PC with a 6900xt. Will not be getting a PS5 until there is a slim model, and will not be getting a Nintendo console until they launch their next model

Nothing yet. I have a PS4 and Xbox one, and my PC is decent spec. I'll decide when there is some game I really want and it's not available for anything I have. There are a few exclusives I want, but not enough to get a new box for. I don't care about the graphics quality much between this and last gen, although load time improvements and better AI or more complex worlds could be worth it... I have a huge backlog of games and too little time/motivation to play them so I think I'll probably end up skipping this generation, or at least wait for prices to fall.